[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

systemd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: systemd.jpg (12KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
systemd.jpg
12KB, 295x171px
What's /g/'s beef with systemd? It seems modular and capable for a lot of modern needs. Also why do people think theres spyware in it? Its open source (not like I checked or anything) but someone can (and would) know for sure.
>>
>>61840935
/g/ loves systemd its a huge improvement.
>>
>>61840955
I agree that its a huge improvement, but I've seen a lot of hate for it. Usually by people endorsing Gentoo. Maybe its just that the people who like it are more quiet
>>
>>61840989
I'm a huge proponent of Gentoo and Gentoo actually has the best support for upstream systemd so it doesn't really make sense that a real Gentoo user wouldn't be using systemd or would be against it.
>>
>>61840935
>Its open source
dude you can make exploits that take a fucking line of code and no one would notice them.
I'm not pulling this shit out of my ass, it already happened before that some dev was paid from NOTtheCIA to introduce exploits in ancestral projects and people noticed them 10 years later.

>Unix philosophy
Having as a dependency systemd on a DE is fucking dumb in so many levels, just why! why!
Take as an example all the tools available on your shell and how you can pass the output from one tool to another in like 100 different methods and now imagine that the ubuntu team decides to implement a cd command that wont let you cd into your existing folders if you don't use their mkdir command forcing you to migrate everything just because reasons.That's systemd , the nazis of the 2% community (a decade ago it was 1% desktop share).
>>
>>61841561
>Having as a dependency systemd on a DE is fucking dumb in so many levels, just why! why!
>Take as an example all the tools available on your shell and how you can pass the output from one tool to another in like 100 different methods and now imagine that the ubuntu team decides to implement a cd command that wont let you cd into your existing folders if you don't use their mkdir command forcing you to migrate everything just because reasons.That's systemd , the nazis of the 2% community (a decade ago it was 1% desktop share).

You are fucking retarded dependencies are the reason Linux development is easy, its a good thing.
>>
packages that depend on libsystemd
ceph dbus device-mapper dhcpcd docker gnome-bluetooth gnome-settings-daemon hatari higan (requires libudev.so)
libatasmart libgsystem libgudev libudev0 shim libusb lvm2 mariadb openvpn pacredir parity php-embed powerdns-recursor procps-ng python2-systemd python-systemd retroarch (requires libudev.so) rpcbind rsyslog snap-confing strongswan
systemd
usbip
util-linux
uwsgi
weston
xf86-input-evdev
xf86-input-vmmouse
xf86-input-wacom
xf86-video-amdgpu
xf86-video-ati
xf86-video-intel
xf86-video-nouveau
xf86-video-openchrome
xorg-server-xephyr
xorg-server-xnest
xorg-server-xvfb
xorg-server-xwayland
strongswan (make)
>>
>>61842046
you have a low reading comprehension, please go back to school
>>
>>61840955
>>61840989
It's not that it's inherently bad as much as it's rendered moot by Poettering's absolutely insane design choices and the core team's childish unwillingness to accept that the rest of the GNU/Linux ecosystem shouldn't have to suck their collective dick. There is no reason GNOME should have any code that depends on the init system. They even asked for fucking tmux to add systemd-specific code for god's sake.

It doesn't violate the Unix philosophy as much as it demonstrates the Unix philosophy's limits. It's a bunch of small simple tools that only do one thing... but none of them do it particularly well, and they only work with each other in particular.
>>
>>61842364
you are WRONG
>>
>chromium: removing systemd breaks dependency 'systemd'
>subversion: removing systemd breaks dependency 'systemd'
kek
>>
>>61842674
Your opinions are stupid and your refusal to accept my viewpoint proves you are stupid as well.
>>
>>61843136
filtered
>>
>>61842046
A lame moonrune tripfag calls someone else retarded....
[slaps forehead]
>>
>>61843297
>[slaps forehead]
daijuobu?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.