[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Void Linux a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (65KB, 1242x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Void_Linux_logo.svg.png
65KB, 1242x1024px
>>
yes but meme does not equal bad
>>
>>61835114
Laterally Arch but better (if only it had an AUR, bit you can very easily create your own packages)
>>
I've heard it called "Gentoo for people who don't have enough time for gentoo".
Been using it myself for a few months now, can confirm that that's pretty accurate.

Its biggest flaw is the lack of documentation, so if you're new to Linux in general and need a detailed guide for every problem, you may have some trouble if you decide to tinker around and rice or break some shit. But if you know what you're doing, it's really quite nice.
>>
yes, it's a meme
literally everything what is not debian, fedora, ubuntu, arch, gentoo and opensuse is a meme
>>
>>61835114
Not especially, but it's shills are among some of the most annoying people you will ever encounter.
>>
It's the new Arch so I guess is qualifies as a meme.
Lovely distro.
>>
its meme squared
>>
It's void with no systemd botnet, an installer and good packages in the repo (i3wm and polybar are in the repo, no need of aur).
It's the futur of arch without the botnet systemd.
>>
File: 1502257294785.png (62KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502257294785.png
62KB, 600x500px
The kids grow up and leaves arch linux, after systemd implementation.

The Void Linux userbase is composting by Real Men. Classic Europe Adults with High extreme Unix skills, Code Skills, etc

Benefits of VoidLinux:

1 - Musl or Glibc option
mpd consumes only 10mb ram on musl
mpd consumes 20mb on GlibC

2 - Not a fork!
Void Linux is an independent distribution, developed entirely by volunteers.

3 - runit
Use runit as the init system and service supervisor. runit is a simple and effective approach to initialize the system with reliable service supervision.

4 - LibreSSL
We were the first distribution to switch to LibreSSL by default, replacing OpenSSL.

5 - Less bloated than Arch
Multiple slices minimal packages (ex: xorg-minimal, etc)

6 - xbps the lighweight package manager
xbps allows you to quickly install/update/remove software in your system and features detection of incompatible shared libraries and dependencies while updating or removing packages (among others).

7 - xbps-src
xbps-src is the xbps package builder, written from scratch with a 2-clause BSD license.

This builds the software in containers through the use of Linux namespaces, providing isolation of processes and bind mounts (among others). No root required!

Additionally xbps-src can build natively or cross compile for the target machine, and supports multiple C libraries (glibc and musl currently).
>>
File: 9u4dhdxc7zdz.jpg (60KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
9u4dhdxc7zdz.jpg
60KB, 564x564px
This distro only uses void functions
Even void main()
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.