[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Comcast Box?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: comcastx14Kbox_w_600.jpg (9KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
comcastx14Kbox_w_600.jpg
9KB, 600x300px
Is there any benefit visual or audio wise from upgrading a 10 year old HD cable box with one of the newer ones from the store? I get 5.1 out of it fine but audio and video distorts if the power isn't just perfect after I flip a light switch/microwave (even with a pure sine wave UPS)

I just don't want the new X1 thing that is with all the new boxes and a bunch of shit I don't need. I just want better visual and audio quality.

Thanks,
>>
>>61834270
I would imagine even it's not BETTER quality, it'll be more consistent and likely lower power draw and likely faster faster menus and similar.
>>
>>61834286
I thought about the power draw issue in the back of my head. That may be much less than back then. I just hope it doesn't come with a voice remote and running and doing a bunch of X1 shit that I can't disable which will then eat up more CPU clocks.

Anyone know if you can disable all the X1 shit on the newer boxes? I wish I could get one without but thats no longer the case.
>>
>>61834342
Sorry I moved off Comcast for fiber from Verizon back in 2007/2008. I've no real clue on the current box.
>>
>>61834342
Are you renting the box from comcast? Buying your own will save you equipment fees so that in itself makes it a good purchase.
>>
>>61834427
Not renting the modem. I got a DOCSIS 3.1 for that. But yes, I am renting the cable tv box. Money isn't really a thing because my company pays for it along with other things. I would rather not go out and buy a box and get another one that is 4k in a year.

I dropped off the modem recently and looked at the boxes but the guy didn't tell me what model it was or laid any of my fears of new shit to rest. All he said is that all the boxes come with X1 now.

I enjoy the classic cable listings guide.
>>
I just thought of something. I wonder if the new boxes are all digital.

So even the BBC2 channel that comes in crap like its from an analog line maybe will get a increase in quality because the new boxes are IP only?
>>
>>61834270
You might hate the fact that the time of day does not display on the new box.
>>
>>61834599
Are they IPTV I thought it was still QAM.

Not to mention the X1 was released in 2013, it's 4 years old.
>>
>>61834630
My current Motorola doesn't display the time either.

>>61834655
I can't be sure. I just read an article that was from 3 years ago that said they were going to all IPTV boxes.
>>
>>61834708
I don't believe it's IPTV, though I wouldn't be shocked if they're trying to move to that standard.

I know Verizon is currently doing beta trials for their IPTV service.
>>
>>61834753
That very well could be.

Ive been on the phone with them for 20 minutes now trying to get connected to the local office to ask them but no luck. No one is willing to tell me what box I would receive. Im sure if I just talked to someone at the local office I could find out.

Maybe X1 won't be so bad.
>>
Both cocks and balls.
>>
Who watches TV/movies or uses computers anymore?
>>
Is xfinity x1 worth the free upgrade from the old guide?
>>
I like playing computer games
>>
>>61834270
Don't do it until you have to. It's laggy as fuck
>>
>>61834599
No box will ever be truly digital until coaxial dies. Shit doesn't even ground properly
>>
>>61837772
My ISP's newest router is a router ONT combo unit that doesn't support coax at all.
They're doing pure IPTV likely starting later this year or early next.
>>
>>61837772
>muh true
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is analog. If you think it's digital, you're wrong. It's just analog that happens to have two well-defined stable states.
lern2electronics you stupid consumer cuck nigger.
>>
I don't care if its analog or digital. Back 10 years ago, I got a digital box that had some HD digital channels. Some of the lesser non HD channels were crappy fuzzy non digital. If thats fixed, we are all good.

So you guys with a recent comcast box say its laggy as fuck for the guide?

Welp....
>>
So the quality will still be exactly the same because it will still be bit encoded and delivered on the new box at the exact same rate correct?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.