[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malicous code written into DNA infects the computer that reads it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: read-output-uw-dna-security1.jpg (298KB, 1279x727px) Image search: [Google]
read-output-uw-dna-security1.jpg
298KB, 1279x727px
>The multidisciplinary team at the University of Washington isn’t out to make outlandish headlines, although it’s certainly done that. They were concerned that the security infrastructure around DNA transcription and analysis was inadequate, having found elementary vulnerabilities in OPENSORES software used in labs around the world. Given the nature of the data usually being handled, this could be a serious problem going forward.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/09/malicous-code-written-into-dna-infects-the-computer-that-reads-it/?ncid=rss

@

Freetards on suicide watch!
>>
so..you have to bioengineer an organism that looks and acts like a human being, with DNA arranged in a specific way to be able to use a vulnerability in the software?
this is a new level of paranoia
>>
>>61833655
Patched.
>>
>that episode of Bones where some guy hacked the Smithsonian's supercomputer by scanning books at a local library is real
>>
>>61833655
ITT an idiot who found headline and read to the point "open source"
>OMG! I will make a great suicide watch thread on /g/!!!

While in fact, people who found vurnability were looking for one to be ahead of attacker and make open source software secure.

OP on suicide watch
>>
>>61833706
>genetically engineer pigs or mice with malicious DNA
>slaughter them
>take their blood
>commit a crime
>make sure you leave no DNA
>just to be sure spill a bucket of the malicious blood on the floor where the crime
>law enforcement scans it
>fucks their computer
>>
>>61833706
you could just create a malicious sample and give it to them for analysis
>>
>>61833706
>tfw that organism is your wife's son
>>
>>61833798
Saved to my shadowrun plot hook list.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.