[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone fill me in on M2 SSDs? i bought a cheap netbook for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: m2.jpg (78KB, 508x299px) Image search: [Google]
m2.jpg
78KB, 508x299px
can anyone fill me in on M2 SSDs?
i bought a cheap netbook for my son's speech & debate club, and i tried to upgrade the SSD. its a lenovo N22 and it does have an open M2 slot, but i installed a samsung 960 evo and it wouldnt detect in the bios or windows 10. the differen interfaces are confusing me as well the one in the laptop looks like the top one, but other options im looking at look like the bottom. the 960 evo was an NMVe drive, and it didnt detect, so should i go for an SATA m2?
>>
>>61830006
I had a similar problem, but it was a fresh install of linux on the M2 SSD. In the end, I was unable to fix it without wiping the SSD through gParted and while plugged into the laptop, then reinstalling the operating system via usb after wipe.

This may or may not work for you, especially since you are closed source windows scum. also >>>/g/sqt
>>
Beware of nvme vs sata compatibility.
>>
>>61830006
Read on the differences in M2 B and M type connectors
You might also want to read about NVMe and SATA
If you can't find any info about the laptops NVMe support try taking out the current SSD and seeing its model and finding out what kind it is
>>
thats the issue. no documentation about it from lenovo. the HDD it came with is eMMC so i cant take it out, and this was one of the few netbooks that had expansion ability.

getting an SSD that is compatible with both B &M and SATA should be a safe bet right? im assuming NMVe is the newer spec and is backwards compatible with sata?
>>
>>61830198
i'd get a sata SSD over a NVMe one. But check the spec for it frist IMO.

If you can't find out email the laptop company and tell them you want to upgrade the ssd and which one you should buy etc.
>>
Your wife's son?
>>
>>61830198
>im assuming NMVe is the newer spec and is backwards compatible with sata?
No, they're two different things.
>>
>>61830006
>my son's
You need to leave, grandpa.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.