[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My work wants me to install this on my phone What am I in for, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170809-160501.jpg (380KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-160501.jpg
380KB, 864x1536px
My work wants me to install this on my phone

What am I in for, /g/?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170809-160515.jpg (392KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-160515.jpg
392KB, 864x1536px
>>
Literally figuratively botnet

Why can't they issue you a phone if they want this much management?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170809-160828.jpg (377KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-160828.jpg
377KB, 864x1536px
>>61823023
good question, probably too cheap
>>
Literally a legal RAT
>>
File: Screenshot_20170809-190214.jpg (238KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-190214.jpg
238KB, 864x1536px
it keeps harassing me, should I give the botnet what it wants?
>>
install it on your laptop virtually and give them nothing to look at
>>
>>61823068
will my pure nexus 6p be raped?
>>
>>61823003
>>61823016
>>61823037
Holy shit thats scary as fuck
I would tell them to fuck off and if they try to fire you over it sue them
There is no way its legal for them to force you to install that shit
>>
>>61823003
>Memes as a Service
wtf I love IBM now
>>
>>61823003
get another phone
>>
>give your work total access and control over your phone just so you can access company inventory

i would just install it on an old phone, or get a new personal phone if its that damn important.
>>
>>61823003
Is it your phone?
>>61823069
devilish
>>
>>61823101
OP should install this shit in his enterprise phone, not HIS phone wtf
They cannot control individual aspects of their employees inside their phone with that app. What would they say if they take a look at Clover's cache?
>>
>>61823192
"Benis in bagina :DDDDD ur fired :DDDD"
>>
What the fuck do you do with your phone that is company related that they require this level of control over it?
>>
>>61823207
>bagina
>imblyinn :DDD
>>
>>61823169
it's my phone
>>61823192
>wow this guy posts a lot of pictures of McChickens, I think I'm going to go buy one now because for me, it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

I use my phone a lot for work to remote into my PC and check email. I think they're trying to cut down on buying people phones.
>>
>>61823192
not even just that

>disables all cameras
>erase the phones data without warning by preforming factory data reset
>control when the screen locks

if it came down to put this on my personal phone or lose my job, i would be unemployed.
>>
>>61823270
do you have an old phone you could install it on since you would generally be connected via wifi anyway?

if not i would just get one cheap from a pawn shop or some shit. this is a scary level of control you're giving the company over your own personal device.
>>
where do you work that does this kind of shit?
>>
>>61823169
If it is your phone, fuck no, who the fuck do they think they are

If it is you company's, who cares, do it
>>
>>61823003
>on your phone
Tell them eat a bag of dicks, it's your phone and you don't need your work spying on everything you do.
If they want you to have a managed mobile device, they can provide it.
>>
remove all your data from it before installing that
>>
>>61823003
>company is too cheap to give you a work phone
>forces you to install a rootkit instead

Don't be a cuck
>>
>>61823068
Uninstall that shit. You have no obligation to put that on your personal phone. If they want to have a employees to have super managed phones for company info then they need to provide work phones.
>>
>not telling them you only have a flip phone

This worked when Walmart wanted me to install their botnet on my phone. When they finally required managers to use the software, I bought an old S2 with some ridiculously old version of Android that wasn't compatible with their botnet.

The store manager finally got the hint and bought me an iPad to use.
>>
>>61824079
what were you an asm or co-manager?

i was cap supervisor and was never forced to install anything, neither were supports or dept managers.
>>
>>61824294
ASM. They can't force hourly associates to use it because they'd have to pay them everytime they used the software at home.

They rolled the software out about two years back. It was clunky shit. They'd have group messages with 70-90 people with no way to filter your notifications, you'd be expected to respond to requests and questions on your days off, etc.

I left last year. I was making 64k but they made you work 60 hour weeks regularly and you were basically on call ever day you had off. The people were horrible too. My store was mostly niggers and white trash, even management had alot of ghetto trash in it.
>>
>>61824389
yeah, moving up the walmart ranks was the worst decision i ever made. once you move up you finally understand why there are people that have been there for 20+ years and still in a shitty entry level position. i had it bad enough at level 7 hourly supervisor i couldn't imagine being an asm/or co-manager that just seems like it would be insane especially when every little customer complaint is your problem. i don't know how many times customers would complain about someone stalking them just to find out it was ap. walmart customers were the worst people on earth.
>>
>>61824524
When I quit, the front end was one of my zones. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to strangle those trashy customers.

I was offer co-manager and I was only 27 at the time, so I could have made store manager. I just didn't want to waste my whole life squeezing a few extra ounces of productivity out of the human waste thwt works there.

They make good money though. A co-manager spot would have given me a 20k raise, before bonuses. My store manager made 250k including bonuses the last year I was there.
>>
>>61823439
This. MaaS360 gives your employer root access to your phone. Would you give your manager 100% access to your phone? Because that's what this does.

Source: IBMer
>>
>>61823003 https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/closed-beta-test-incoming-companion-app-t3366295

Does not require root. The app creates a second user or 'work profile' inside of which you can log in to a second Google account, have a second version of every app, etc. This is like having two phones in one. Install your work's literal rat inside of Island, and give it whatever it wants. Work will be happy, and you'll maintain your privacy from the company. Granting the rat app device adminstrator as it's been asking for will still allow it to wipe, lock, etc. your device, but at least it won't be able to spy on you.
>>
>>61826234
this
>>
>>61823049
But remote administrative tools are all legal you piece of shit

It only depends on how you use it
>>
Our company does something similar, but they only put that on the business phomes so they can read emails and connect to corporate network. I forgot what it's called but I think it's made by literal jews. Shit wipes your entire phone if you input too many incorrect lockscreen pins/swipe combos
>>
>>61823003
Put it on a cheap prepaid phone. Fuck them, OP. Grocery store phone that app.
>>
>>61823016
who are they citing?
>>
My job required something similar after a fucking retard leaked important shit.
>>
Is this normal for employment in America now?
>>
>>61828158
I've got a relative who works for one of the largest investor firms and his personal phone has all the shit installed just to use their VPN and their mobile service. It's to make sure he's always secure with clients info since the Corp knows he's a 65 year old using an iPhone.
>>
Get a cheap new phone for it so you don't give them control over your real device.
You need to understand that nowadays, a smartphone contains someone's entire life and you don't hand that over to people.
>>
There is no fucking way I would install an MDM on my personal phone if my employer asked me to, and that's even considering I'd likely be the one managing it. That is crossing your personal and work life in ways that will only be bad. If they want to manage your phone they should provide one.
>>
>>61828415
Fuck that, don't spend a single dollar and tell them to eat a dick. They should provide a phone in cases like this.
>>
>>61828415
>a smartphone contains someone's entire life
But phones are insecure technology, hardware-, firmware-, and software-wise. Why would anyone do this to themselves, especially on a supposed technology board?
>>
>rooted phone. Install custom ROM.
>installed MDM on phone
>8 months pass, get phone call
>"anon you rooted your device. I am afraid that you phone will be removed from the network."
>"k, do what you got to do"
>2 week later, my phone can't make phone calls or use the internet without wifi
>seems forcing an MDM uninstall (soft) bricked my phone
>used to opportunity to try a new ROM. I wouldn't have been so pissed if I hadn't been trying to figure what the fuck was going on for 2 weeks.
>>
>>61828562
Next time install Magisk and use Magisk Hide
>>
>>61823003
Unimstall that shit or at least put it on an old phone. Jesus christ wagecucks have no spine
>>
>>61828389
Do all non-Americans think this?
>>
>>61823003
if its a company phone - ok
if not - tell em to fuck off
>>
Do not install this shit on your phone.
If you install this shit on a work phone, try to shutdown the phone when you are not working.
>>
Take them to court anon
>>
>2017
>Using the same phone for work and another for personal shit
It's like you enjoy being your bosses bitches
>>
>>61823003
-get a cheap Moto E2 or something like that
-sign in with a diffeerent google account
-install what your boss wants in it
-???
-profit
>>
>>61828515
>everyone frequents /g/
I hate to burst your bubble, but people will store anything on their phone, encrypted or not. I guarantee you that some people keep their credit card information on their phone in plain text. Banking information, email, passwords, nudes, everything.
>>
>>61824658
how does it give root access when i can't even get root on my phone without running some closed-source chink shit using my computer, and getting my phone's info sent to some server in china?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.