[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is windows so fucking shit? >move my Users folder to another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: r3LBr_d.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
r3LBr_d.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
Why is windows so fucking shit?
>move my Users folder to another drive and link it so that browsers don't rape my ssd
>works
>windows randomly deletes the link now
>everything breaks
>remake the link
>error, location not found
>copy the whole users folder back
>still can't log in to my fucking user account
What an ungodly pile of shit
>>
>>61820821
>do something in unconventional method
>ms clearly warns this breaks windows if you try to google how to do this
>do it anyway
>fuck up everything
>blame someone else

>not just using a portable browser installation on another drive

Uninstall your life retard.
>>
>>61820928
Windows must be pretty shit if it can't handle a symlinked user directory. I have symlinks all over the place in my home directory and it works flawlessly in GNU/Linux.
>>
>>61820928
>unconventional method
I wouldn't be forced to use such methods if the OS was actually good and let you do such simple tasks
>hurr can't let you relocate this simple folder because reasons
>portable browser installation
>still not writing to user folder
>what are programs that self-install to users folder to avoid elevation
fuck you, I fixed it. And I'm going to link it again and complain again when it breaks.
Also, this broke while installing VirtualBox, what a fucking surprise because that's made by another amazingly shit company
>>
>>61820821
If you didn't have a shitty old SSD then it wouldn't matter unless you want to keep the same SSD until 2040
>>
>>61821052
but the SSD is new, and there's literally nothing wrong with wanting to keep the same SSD for a long time and not have it get raped by a shitty browser who still can't properly change the cache directory
>>
>>61820821
They refuse to join the hackers and share the software.
>>
>>61820821
>>61821007
>using hidden unsupported features and complaining when they break

Thanks for confirming you're retarded.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1964-move-users-folder-location-windows-10-a.html
>>
File: AWTA7Af_d.jpg (23KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
AWTA7Af_d.jpg
23KB, 396x400px
>>61821132
>windows 10
What did he mean by this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.