[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN's & 4chin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9157.jpg (11KB, 300x168px)
IMG_9157.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
/g/ often discusses VPN's but I have seen no discussion about using one on 4chin. I have used VPN's and was unable to post on here due to blacklisting. How can this be circumvented? How can this be circumcised? Are you posting here over VPN? If so, how?
>>
You can only post with a VPN if you have a 4chan Pass.

https://www.4chan.org/pass
>>
>>61811620
i doubt that many von users on 4chin actually buy passes, and i I have previously used VPN on here without a pass, though the ip range was eventually banned.

i wonder if anyone else has insight on this
>>
>>61811620
That makes sense. You're anon here to a point.
>>
>>61811462
its all a matter of finding a proxy that hasnt been banned yet. honestly its more of a hassle than its worth, its a ton of trial and error, for what? just to post on a Mongolian cartoon board..
that said though, i found one that works. but sooner or later someone else will connect to it and post something fucked up and get it banned
>>
>>61811761
>proxy
>vpn
>>
>>61811462
most vpn's are blacklisted because they are cheapo ones that share IP's and subsequently get blacklisted with faggots shitposting or posting cp.

You need to pay more for a decent VPN that isn't blacklisted and has a unique static IP to use 4chin of find a company that hasn't already been blacklisted.
>>
>>61811952
encrypted proxies and vpn's and basically the same thing anon
>>
>>61811462
Alternatively, you can use FoxyProxy to reroute post requests to sys.4chan.org back to your home by setting up an SSH tunnel to a raspberrypi or something.
>>
>>61812033
get a load of this guy
>>
>>61811620
>ctrl +f vpn
>0 results
>>
>>61811462
why would use vpn?
anyway your isp see anything you do
>>
>>61812430
Pass allows you to skip IP block bans, baka.
>>
>>61811462
the connection is encrypted by default, so it doesnt really matter.
i bet most vpns are banned anyway from shills and pedos spamming shit
>>
>>61812014
A VPN with a Dedicated IP might be useful for 4chan but it seems like it would be less secure / anonymous using it for other things like torrents.
>>
>>61812451
that isnt specifically say vpns
besides, blocked ips arent banned. they just receive a posting error
most vpns are probably banned just from abuse anyway
>>
>>61812464
Just get a pass then.

How anonymous do you need to be for torrenting/piracy or other things like buying drugs?

Unless you are downloading CP or plotting some serious crime then good security fundamentals, tor and a VPN is enough to shield you from 99%
>>
File: 1484246093850.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1484246093850.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>61812446
2/10 bait
You tried
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.