[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assistant Robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: トヨタのメイドボット.jpg (24KB, 350x467px) Image search: [Google]
トヨタのメイドボット.jpg
24KB, 350x467px
When will we start seeing "assistant bots"?

My idea of an "assistant bot" is this: robots that work for you!

They take out your trash, clean your room, shop for groceries, prepare your bath, change the oil of your car, cook your food, and they even charge themselves on a wall when on low battery. They perform self maintenance and have sensors that detect any internal problems, so you don't need to perform maintenance, they do it themselves. They could be powered by fuel, batteries or even solar when technology becomes efficient enough. I think this is perfectly possible. There already are robots that can do these tasks separately, albeit with low quality. For example, the Japanese showcased a robot that can fry pancakes on a tech event recently, and then there is Asimo, the nurse bot. All it takes is put everything into one robot and increase the quality at which the tasks are performed. Deeper into the future, instead of a Wall-E like robot, we'll start seeing anthropomorphic robots, they could look like your favorite character and also have a sex function, be programmed to act like a partner, etc. But the main idea for now is a midget robot that can perform all the main chores of a household with great dexterity.

I was thinking, what would it take to create such robot? What kind of processing power? Would machine learning play a role? I think it's easy to program a robot to cook, understand basic voice commands, but it would be very costly to put everything together. Why don't we live in a society where everyone owns a robot assistant yet?

Sometimes I like to fantasize about getting rich from Bitcoin, and, with that money, I move to Japan on an investor visa and start a successful robot company that quickly grows and takes over the world. I get rich, buy a nice house and great cars, and make the world a better place.

Anyway. Post what you think about this shit.
>>
Go watch the DARPA robot challenge and you'll see that we still have a long way to go to get these all-in-all helper robots.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.