[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early Adopter Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: NarrativeClip-001.jpg (173KB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
NarrativeClip-001.jpg
173KB, 2500x1406px
From my experiences with you fine /g/entlemen, you all seem to be early-adopters of different types of technology.

While it seems like some of you get a good idea of something's popularity early on, the rest of us aren't so lucky. That's what this thread is for.

What are some pieces of technology/gadgetry that you thought was cool as shit and ended up crashing and burning?

For me, it was pic related.

It's the Narrative Clip "LifeLogging Camera."

I ended up buying one early-on since I was traveling a lot, and won the second-gen in their drawing.

I wore it for quite awhile and, while it got me some strange looks, most people thought it was just weird or a heart-monitor.

My IRL friends already know I'm a weird dude, so they accepted it and actually liked some of the photos is took.

What about you, /g/entlemen?

>Both older and newer technology are welcome, including shit like Betamax or Google Glass.
>>
>>61809963
you must be gay.
>>
>>61810079
he's using the reddit spacing
>>
>>61810813
Stop forcing this shit.
>>
This piece of shit right here.

What the fuck, such a piece of shit. Also wireless streaming games is a meme, dont fall for it.

Bought this thing today so I could wireless stream games on steam across the house. The thing is so underpowered it took me 6 HOURS after turning it on and connecting it to the internet for it to get all the required windows updates installed.

And then it was still a piece of shit. The background antimalware shit on Windows took up HALF the processing power for minutes at a time seemingly at random. Even when it was next to my AC router (stick has ac wifi) it couldnt handle streaming Skyrim...
>>
File: 9.jpg (66KB, 540x397px)
9.jpg
66KB, 540x397px
>>61811207
Also Microcenter is a fucking meme too.

Yes its convenient to have a computer parts oriented store when you need parts, but I fully believe you have to have a doctors note proving you have autism to work there. Dumb fucks know just enough to know what GPU stands for so the average customer thinks they are knowledgeable but they will flat out make shit up to get you to buy shit so they can put their dumb little commission sticker on the shit.
>>
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 is good, but i should have waited and got 960 evo for better thermals. Leap motion is pointless and not very good at what it does
>>
>>61809963
>It's the Narrative Clip "LifeLogging Camera."

I had one as well, but I waited until their Kickstarter actually succeeded/they started shipping units & some real world reviews came in before buying one.

I thought it was fun, but that the actual metal clip part itself was really badly designed - why did they make it smooth & rounded with no teeth? I was constantly afraid of it slipping off & never wore it anywhere that wasn't completely sedentary, but even so I still lost it.
>>
>>61809963
LOL
>>
>>61809963
>>61811207
>>61811456
R E D D I T S P A C I N G
E
D
D
I
T

S
P
A
C
I
N
G
>>
>>61811481
>Wanting your post to look like a single paragraph of retarded rambling

Kill yourself
>>
>>61811481
No such thing as reddit spacing

4chan users have been doing this long before this was even a meme
>>
>>61811481
>>61810813

Double spacing was happening as far back as Zero Hour you colossal, massive, unbelievable newfaggots.
>>
>>61811501
>>61811519
>>61811541
>Needing to organise your sentences on a shitposting anime website
Youre needlessly double spacing every goddamn sentence for no reason. I would be okay with a single space, or even a double space after, lets say a 5 sentence paragraph or longer, but that shit is needless leddit tier shit.
>>
not exactly crash and burn
more of a fizzle
>>
Omate Truesmart - one of the first real android smartwatches. Could act a an actually phone and make calls.
I used it for about 3 days when broke my phone. Got heaps of funny looks when ta.lking into the watch.

I also just bought a GPD Pocket. Dunno if that was a good idea.
>>
>>61811481
>>61811501
>>61811519
>>61811541
>>61811831
R E D D I T S P A C I N G
E
D
D
I
T

S
P
A
C
I
N
G
>>
>>61812027
How can you be so fucking retarded?
>>
I thought reddit spacing was when the post starts a line after quoting someone

>>57474825

Like this

As opposed to just having breaks after a paragraph, which have been used since before forums were even a thing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.