[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am interested in recording game audio with audacity (among

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (41KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
41KB, 240x240px
I am interested in recording game audio with audacity (among other things) and I am a total newb with the program.

I already have the recording device set to "Stereo Mix", so I already have my computer's audio playing back through audacity. Now for the questions:

1. When recording audio, is it best to turn up my audio high enough to where the audio is playing at the -9.0 to –6.0 dB range (as recommended by Audacity's website) or should I record the audio at a listenable level, then amplify it once the recording is done?

2. How can I get the best quality out of my recordings? Does it all lie within the project rate? If so, what is the best rating I should set it to?

I would also prefer to save these files in FLAC for archival purposes, so there's that.
>>
>>61809425
First, what kind of game? You should record it according to the max sample rate of the game(??), and -9dB is good enough.
>>
>>61809532
This game in particular is Wario World, so it's a gamecube game. I guess I should research the sample rate of gamecube games?

Also, is there any way that I could record the game that loud without actually hearing it that loud as I record it? I can always take my headphones off then blast the audio up but it would make this process that much more annoying (and this process is tedious as it is)
>>
>>61809589
what operating system? very easy on loonix idk about windows
assuming dolphin?
>>
>>61809589
You can change in the "Stereo Mix" option the volume you want to actually record.
>>
>>61809589
plug headphones into speakers & turn speakers down
>>
>>61809894
Creative

>>61809876
Windows 10, and yes Dolphin. Or any other emulator I choose to use in the future. I may also start recording youtube stuff, etc.
>>
>>61809425
Use Voicemeeter Banana.

http://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.