[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason to avoid systemd?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: systemd.jpg (33KB, 640x372px) Image search: [Google]
systemd.jpg
33KB, 640x372px
Any reason to avoid systemd?
>>
botnet
>>
bloat
>>
>>61807899
openRC exists
>>
>>61807899
Use whatever is mainstream, there is no reason to split to community even more.
Once linux has gained enough market share we'll be able to have real technical discusions and sane forks/alternatives will be a thing unlike today.
>>
lennart poettering personally inserts his dick in your boipussy every time you boot a system with it
>>
>>61807899
unpopular opinion but if you do any actual sysadmin. it's pretty nifty.
>>
>>61807899
- single monolithic code base that's insanely hard to debug
- optimized for laptops and desktops, not for computer that actually do work
- the leaders of the project hate humans and are really bad at project management
All of the above means systemd basically turns Linux into a black box OS like Windows

Now, it has to be said that the old sysV init scripts, written in shell, were hoary but at least they were small, isolated chucks that were relatively easy to understand.
>>
>>61807899
Retarded developers that haven't read the POSIX standard yet insist on rewriting major parts of the kernel.
>>
>>61807971
>Now, it has to be said that the old sysV init scripts, written in shell, were hoary but at least they were small, isolated chucks that were relatively easy to understand.
They also boot in 5 seconds on an SSD. So what is the point of systemmeme?
>>
>>61807905
This
>>
>>61807963
This
>>61807971
>- single monolithic code base that's insanely hard to debug
Systemd is made out of many separate binaries which kinda makes it NOT monolithic.
>- optimized for laptops and desktops, not for computer that actually do work
Why do you think so? And what kind of work are these computers do?
>- the leaders of the project hate humans
You can't hate humans and develop free software at the same time. More likely you can be an authistic person who hides his fear of other people by being weird and rude
>All of the above means systemd basically turns Linux into a black box OS like Windows
No it doesn't. It will turn Linux into Windows when it will start to send information about every process that you run to RedHat.
>Now, it has to be said that the old sysV init scripts, written in shell, were hoary but at least they were small, isolated chucks that were relatively easy to understand.
They were harder to understand. Systemd makes config files actually readable.
>>
buttnet
>>
systemd exists
>>
>>61807899
More religious reasons.
I could totally use it. But i dont want to.
>>
>>61807963
>>61808435
fucking trolls
there are some things you don't joke about
>>
File: cotton-picking-negro.jpg (232KB, 938x969px) Image search: [Google]
cotton-picking-negro.jpg
232KB, 938x969px
Avoid taking systemdildo up your ass unless you like being one of Redhat's field niggers.
>>
>>61807905
Explain?
>>
Shitty devs, a massive crisis waiting to happen.
>>
>>61807899
Pottering can't into rtfm exploits are found in his "reimplementations" of coreutils on a weekly basis. If the guy can't even implement rm correctly, why would I trust him with a giant piece of software running as root with an attack surface the size of the united states?
>>
It has a large surface area for attacks, which is especially bad since the init programs are loaded first on boot.
>>
>>61807899
yes, it's a shit software
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.