[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cert/ - Certification General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: csaimage.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
csaimage.png
4KB, 225x225px
Has anyone taken this cert and passed?

What study material did you use? I'm currently using the Sybex book but the book says you need to know a bunch of tools and vendor firewalls for the test yet there isn't a lot of training material online unless you're willing to drop thousands of dollars for a bootcamp.
>>
CompTIA certs are useless except for getting past the HR firewall. You won't get hired on them alone and everyone wants either the A+, Net+ or Sec+. Thank god I got those out of the way and only have one more test before getting my CCNA R&S.
>>
>>61807892

I already work for military IT (which I got through CompTIA certs).

Just trying to move into an actual CSA position or IA.
>>
>>61807987
CompTIA isn't valuable outside the gov bro, get a cert from Cisco, Microsoft, Redhat, etc...
Your experience is more helpful than whatever that certification is.
>>
>>61808025

>First job was with a multi billion dollar corporation which I got with Sec+

You're not going to convince me that CompTIA certs are shit.

>Your experience is more helpful than whatever that certification is.

Yeah well can't get XP if I don't have the certs first to land the position.
>>
>>61808055
>I work for a multi billion corporation!
Like Walmart?
I have the A+, Net+, Sec+, and CCENT. I can't get off helpdesk. Unless you have connections or something really prestigious good fucking luck.
>>
>>61807649
Google "professor messer"
>>
>>61808196
I was just about to say this. I don't feel like his training series give all the lessons of a subject, but still enough to understand most of the things within the subject.
>>
>>61808161

Have you tried applying for higher positions?

Not sure where you want to go in IT but I'd start doing that.

At my first company, I was #2 in place for the Infosec team. I got beaten out by a guy who was a 15+ year vet from desktop. If you're qualified and interview well, you can easily get positions.

>>61808196

Prof. Messer only does A/Net/Sec+, no CSA+
>>
>>61808296
Yes I have, lots of positions in other companies.
They wanted CCNAs and degrees, not CompTIA certifications.
>>
>>61808334

Are you trying to go network engi?
>>
>>61808362
Yeah or security.
>>
>>61808161
dafuk! You're definitely doing something wrong! How much experience do you have and do you have a degree?

A degree especially a bachelors holds alot more weight than any cert.
>>
>>61808420
No degree two years help desk experience.
I'm ugly and have social anxiety and it's so bad I stutter and sometimes even slur during interviews.
>>
>>61808385

I agree with you on Engi. My old network engi only had a CCENT so I know it's possible to achieve.

As for security, I worked with the security team as much as I could. You could ask for tasks to do that they don't want or (if you do audits) go beyond the call of duty and find issues.

tl;dr if you don't have the certs or degree then make friends with people on the team you want to work for and ask for simple work.
>>
>>61808460
2 years "hell desk" exp and certs is good enough to move on to higher level areas in IT.

Practice your interview skills and improve your delivery. Do whatever it takes to manage your social anxiety.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.