[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does /g/ hate ultrabooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (539KB, 1806x1200px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
539KB, 1806x1200px
Why the fuck does /g/ hate ultrabooks?
>>
Fashion accessories.
>>
>>61805124
There are business ultrabooks like the ThinkPad X1 Carbon.
>>
Because it's a marketing buzzword by Intel

- Posted from my DELL XPS13 Ultrabook
>>
>>61805124
Pretty much this.

If you really want portability get a Tablet PC else stick to a mini-itx desktop. Hell, mount the mini-itx to the back of a 24" monitor if you're that much of a minimalistfag.
>>
>>61805146
We called them business laptops for the last 20 years.
>>
>>61805170
Because you are nostalgic for the early 2000s.
>>
>>61805179
How does that refute the point that they were called business laptops, and still are.
>>
>>61805195
They still are.

- Posted from my HP EliteBook 9470m Ultrabook PC
>>
>>61805099
It does?
They are actually very comfy. It's nice to have a portable fully fledged system with an OS that doesn't get in your way (compared to Android or ios)
>>
What's the best price/performance business laptop?
>>
>>61805502
define performance
>>
>>61805099
13 inch ultrabooks are pointless since they don't have dedicated graphics which means they're only good enough for browsing the internet/sending emails/doing office work and maybe some programming, which you can do on any laptop running Linux
>>
>>61805578
You can always run Linux on your ultrabook
>>
>>61805671
>You can spend $800-1200 to get marginally better user experience than you'd get on a $300-500 device
I could, but why would I?
>>
>>61805537
Image editing, web browsing, light streaming.
>>
>>61805578
and what the fuck are you going to do with 13 inch laptop? Bitcoint mining?
Ultrabooks are nice for some development tasks on the go where all you need is a good CPU.
Also this >>61805264
>>
they're poor
>>
File: 1478703124491.png (2MB, 1440x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1478703124491.png
2MB, 1440x1433px
>>61805099
why the fuck does /g/ hate shitposting and shilling?
>>
>>61805730
>Image editing
Depends on the type of image editing. It's very hard to be productive in PS, Illustrator, etc. with low powered GPU
>>
>>61805099
I hate Intel to be honest with you
>>
>>61805777
Making vectors for the most part.
>>
I am /g/ and I use one as my main device.
>>
>>61805099
You mean laptops?
>>
>>61805099
usually those cant be opened and you cant do anything to it even if it could be opened because everything is soldered to the board.
>>
>>61805099
ultrabooks are laptops
laptops are shit
therefore hate ultrabooks.
>>
>>61805099
cucked cpu
>>
I don't hate them, but I lament the traction they gained in the market. This is because there's now little incentive for manufacturers to produce mid-range slim notebooks at mid-range prices.

They either produce absolute shit at the netbook/Chromebook tier or they use decent guts but in flashy cases with nice displays and start in the $800s. There's no need for them to use the same stock of components to manufacture something in the middle when they can just get more for basically free.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.