[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do the RMS fan boys think of 4chan itself since it runs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What do the RMS fan boys think of 4chan itself since it runs on proprietary software?
>>
Who cares, they're retarded manchildren anyway.
>>
Actually I'm pretty sure it runs free software, they just don't share it.
>>
>>61804753
But Anon if they don't share the software that means that the software isn't free
>>
It's not the software behind the site that concerns me.
It's the preponderance of inane comments.
And the frogs.
>>
>>61804753

stop it
>>
File: 1502169408485.png (65KB, 980x488px) Image search: [Google]
1502169408485.png
65KB, 980x488px
>>
Services (like 4chan) can't necessarily be free or are even supposed to be free under foss philosophy, since its not your computer, and not your computing.
The only thing that matters is if the javascript is free.
Please study what rms is actually saying before making stupid posts.

>>61804774
wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>61806159
when you accidentically access and energy
>>
>>61806231
So can software be sold and hidden so long as it's a script? So it's okay for games to be sold so long as they run on a free engine that only allows game development via a high level script?
>>
>>61808046
You still don't understand.
If the software runs on your computer, it should be free.
This includes scripts such as javascript being send to and interpreted by your browser.
Also, free software is allowed to be sold.
There is nothing stopping you from selling free software.
Still the source code, including any scripts should be readable and modifiable, since it runs on someones personal computer.
If you are running software on your own computer, such as the 4chan server, you can do whatever you want with it, including never showing anyone the code, since its your own computer it is running on.
But if you decide to distribute this software to other people and other computers, according to foss philosophy, you should also share the source, and allow it to be modified.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.