[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to store your passwords? I just have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Women_in_STEM3.jpg (42KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Women_in_STEM3.jpg
42KB, 800x534px
What's the best way to store your passwords? I just have always had them written down on a piece of paper.
>>
l a s t p a s s
>>
encryptr
>>
I have an algorithm that I remember and apply to every website's domain name I have a password on so that I have a unique password on every website. I store this info in my head, and if I forget a pass I just preform the algorithm again on the website to retrive my password.
>>
>>61794080
Remind it.
>>
If it's under 15 characters just remind it, otherwise write it down.
>>
keep them in a plain text file on your windows xp desktop and open all your ports for convenience
>>
>>61794156
XD
>>
what's with all those password threads lately? can I get a quick rundown? anything happened to keepassx?
>>
>>61794080
>passwords
>passwordS
Autism
>>
passwords.txt
C:\Users\anon\Desktop
>>
>>61794080
Think of four random words that pop in your head sequentially, now think of a four digit number. put your most favorite punctuation mark between all of these. Try to see if you can remember this password in the next couple of days, by thinking of the first word again. If you have memorized it, get a password manager like 1password, or an equivalent. Use this password you thought yourself as your master password. Now, randomize every password of online services you have and put them in your password manager. Can’t have it safer while simultaneously convenient than this.
>>
>>61794080
I use keypass
>>
>>61794080
Use an offline phone to store them.
>>
1Password
>>
>>61794330
>Literally storing all of your passwords on another person's computer
ISHYGDDT
>>
In my brain. ;-)
>>
Damn she's cute, I wish women in stem would actually look like that and wouldnt follow the church of sjw
>>
>>61794085
>>61794330
>Proprietary password manager
Why?
>>
keepass or lastpass
if you're storing your keepass database online, then just use lastpass. browser plugins are convenient logging in, but are also where most of the vulnerabilities are. consider not using them, especially for keepass, 'cause that shit is never audited unlike lastpass.
>>
>>61794277
A man of good taste.
You meant KeePass
>>
A brain.
A very simple algorithm that can create any-length passwords that are high enough entropy from an input.
Multiple prefixes for each level of security for a given site. (generic throw-away, useful, secure, ultra secure)
Done.

Random digits aren't inherently secure for passwords, ONLY for encryption.
What matters to you is: the hashing system used by the site and the length of your password in that order.
If the hashing system is shit, you're still fucked because you could have a pass that is 10 trillion characters long that could hash-collide with one that is 20 characters long.
You can tell what sites are shit since they usually limit you to using certain character ranges, require at least one capital and number, etc.
If a DB is leaked from a site, you're already fucked because it is on the sites staff to have used good encryption. Nothing you can do affects this part. Period.
>>
>>61795005
Yeah that too.
>>
>>61795006
This is such stupid thinking.
"Website might get hacked, therefore use your brain to store short, shitty, passwords."

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>61794101
So basically master password?
>>
>>61794101
>his passwords are just md5 hashes of the website url
>>
>>61795708
I'll have "saying things the other person never said" for $300!

I literally said it matters not if your password was 20 or 10 trillion if the site is hacked because the hashing system is what matters on the database side of things.
The ONLY thing you can influence is the length of your password.

Complexity doesn't matter, entropy is entropy.
They'll still need to brute-force trillions of possibilities to get to your password. (unless they use your retarded reasoning)
They don't know shit about how complex or how simple your password is, they cannot assume a single thing. (unless the site limits you to certain characters, for example. So, shitty sites)
>B-B-BUT I SHOVED A DICTIONARY UP MY ANAL, I CAN DO A DICTIONARY ATTACK
No, no you can't.
Anything over 20 characters makes dictionary attacks just as much brute-forcing as per-character brute-forcing. They get NO feedback from a site on your password being partially correct.
The only way to do that is if they have the DB and the hashing method is weak as fuck.
You'll still be fucked either way.
Hashes are many->one. Only a matter of time bro.

Complex, random characters ONLY matter for HIDDEN encryption containers. PERIOD.
Structure in encryption containers can reveal data by proxy.
>>
>>61794080
>being unable to remember it, thus resorting to (((software)))
Must really suck being a brainlet
>>
>>61794101
ciao buzzi
>>
>>61794857
You can sue them if they fuck up.
>>
>>61794080
>write good password down
>use it until you have it memorized
>unwrite it down
>>
>>61794080
Excel file with OneDrive sync
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.