[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elon Musk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 31

File: 1477979911273.jpg (48KB, 602x441px) Image search: [Google]
1477979911273.jpg
48KB, 602x441px
>Can we wean Elon Musk off government support already?
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/economy-budget/345338-can-we-wean-elon-musk-off-government-support-already

>It’s Time to Stop Spending Taxpayer Dollars on Elon Musk and Cronyism

>It has been widely reported that among SolarCity, Tesla, and the rocket company SpaceX, Elon Musk’s confederacy of interests has gotten at least $4.9 billion in taxpayer support over the past 10 years.

>This is almost half of Musk’s supposed net worth—taken from the pockets of American citizens and put into companies that can survive only by cannibalizing each other, spending without end, and promising that success is always just beyond the horizon and yet never arrives.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/13/its-time-to-stop-spending-taxpayer-dollars-on-elon-musk-and-cronyism/

Can we please wean off Musk fans off his cum?

Musk BTFO! Musk cocksuckers on a suicide watch and their shoelaces have been taken away.

This bald welfare queen and his retarded fans need to fuck off.
>>
>>61789860
where would you prefer the money go? welfare? chicken tendies? shooting niggers?
>>
>>61789877
not into this attention whoring bald fuck's pocket.
>>
>>61789891
are you retarded, he has hair.
>>
Government spends billions on roads and oil, too, ya ding dong
>>
>>61789860
>win launch contracts
>omg he is taking gov money!
>>
>>61789931
>he has hair
jej
>>
>>61789931
>he has hair
>>
>>61789935
Not to mention SpaceX performs better (more successful human-rated spacecraft flights) than Boeing, and Boeing gets a bigger subsidy for its spacecrafts than SpaceX
>>
I would much rather an incredibly small portion of my taxes go to space exploration and electric car development than get globbed into the rest of it for welfare, dysfunctional public school programs, and soldier daycare
>>
if i iirc correctly, the American Government made profit out of it's investments
>>
>>61789960
>>61789972
Hair from hair growth surgery is still hair
>>
>>61789860
I guarantee that less than 5% of that money makes it into musk's pocket. Do you really think that paying the CEO is the only expense a business has? He's probably like 5% of expendatures, especially in companies that have to employ very high paying jobs like teams of engineers, and develop/manufacture literally brand new and state-of-the-art equipment.
>>
Can someone explain the "SpaceX wastes money" meme to me?

If you want to put a 20 ton payload on orbit, SpaceX will do it for $62 million. Or, you could hire the Russians to do it for $90 million, or you could get NASA to do it in-house for $250 million.

If that payload has to go into orbit, isn't using SpaceX *saving* taxpayer money?
>>
>>61789860
>Jenny Beth Martin (@JennyBethM) is president and co-founder of Tea Party Patriots.

Kind of says everything it needs to. This guy has no idea what "crony capitalism" means.

Musk isn't some tech business god, but he took good advantage of two industries where entrenched players had some really fucking good opportunities on the table that they ignored for slow, easy return.

>Here’s the question I hear when I’m talking to friends in Georgia who ask me to explain Washington to them: “Why should those guys in Washington take my hard-earned tax dollars and use them to lower the price of an electric car for some movie star in Hollywood?”

When someone gets a tax incentive, they pay less. Someone who buys a Model S is not getting redistributed tax dollars.

To be fair on the government balance sheet the effect is the same, but at the same time, this tea partier seems to basically be saying that we shouldn't be taxing the poor to pay the rich... and on some level he has a good point. Maybe he should be a democrat instead?
>>
File: 1499841284677.jpg (28KB, 519x442px) Image search: [Google]
1499841284677.jpg
28KB, 519x442px
>gov't subsidizes Detroit to build electric cars and hybrids
>they produce the Volt/Bolt family, an electric version of the Focus, and some junky Cadillac
>meanwhile Japan continues improving the Prius and makes the Leaf
vs.
>gov't subsidizes Tesla

Musk returns investments far better than Detroit. I don't really know what to say.
>>
>>61790258
>If that payload has to go into orbit,
Most of it doesn't is the thing.
>>
>>61790002

True. The 1% do provide 40% of the revenue the federal government takes in from income taxes. So maybe Tesla is a rich person perk as a thank you for how much they pay into the system.

But the whole "socialize the losses while privatizing the gains" makes this public-private venture a tad shady. Tesla succeeded, but if you were to give billions to every wannabe-startup to make an electric car, most of them would not have done as well as Tesla did while the public would be left to foot the bill.
>>
>>61789860
>tfw you realize half of the billions he got from tax dollars goes to the roasties who cucked him
>>
>>61790004
>hair growth surgery
it's a transplant, retard.
>>
>>61790617
>Tesla succeeded, but if you were to give billions to every wannabe-startup to make an electric car, most of them would not have done as well as Tesla did while the public would be left to foot the bill.
The tax credits and rebates that Tesla takes advantage of don't have a mechanism by which the public would be left to "foot the bill" in the vast majority of cases.
>>
>>61790676
>implying she doesn't just get stock options
>>
File: 1486657345423.jpg (726KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1486657345423.jpg
726KB, 2048x1536px
how many government billions will she get?
>>
He's basically an advanced form of welfare nigger.
>>
>>61790057
Not likely, CEOs make shitpiles of money. It's more like 10% bare minimum while the companies that he oversees are all paper pushers with the exception of Tesla and SpaceX, Tesla which has had literally a fraction of a percentage of adoption in the US and hasn't really pushed any new tech, meaning it's a total failure. SpaceX is the only thing that's produce results, which hardly concerns consumers in the first place since we could get satellites into orbit before anyways, there's just a marginal cost-save benefit to reusable rockets.
>>
>>61790004
>pussy
instead of shaving that thing like a real man
>>
>>61790701

Unfortunately, none. She will have to sit tight with the $30million she got from Johnny Depp. Poor her. $30million isn't enough to buy million dollar jewelry.
>>
>>61790718
Well he is African-America
>>
So what's with the astroturfing against Musk again?
>>
>>61792038
"I like Green"
>>
>>61792038
He's basically annihilating lockheed and boeing in the rocket/aerospace industry, and showing up the entire auto industry as a bunch of chumps, and his electric vehicles, batteries, and solar power could fuck up the oil lobbies and conglomerates.

He's upsetting a bunch of industries all at once, dragging them kicking, crying, and screaming into the modern world where they actually have to compete to survive, rather than living off government handouts.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 2048x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 2048x1000px
>>61789860
No. We need clean technology for the future. I'd rather invest in an all electric car company.
>>
File: the 90s never died.jpg (139KB, 529x412px) Image search: [Google]
the 90s never died.jpg
139KB, 529x412px
>>61792580
>20 years from now people will be digging through junkyards looking to build a jury-rigged model 3

I have hope again.
>>
>>61792532
Oh, no wonder /g/ hates them.
This board is full of corporate shills.
>>
>>61789992
Ironically putting money into furthering technology will do more for the impoverished than welfare ever will
>>
>>61790258
Why are they wasting peoples money on throwing shit into the sky?
>>
>4.9 billion for SpaceX
That's like what, a quarter of NASA's budget? And they're returning some decent results? I'm not seeing the problem with this.
>>
How did Elon regrow his hair?
>>
>>61789860
A whole new level jealousy
>>
This guy just doesn't seem smart to me. I never saw him as some revolutionary leader of new technologies, but he certainly wants to be
>>
>>61792532
Oh look, a Musk shill. Friendly reminder that Tesla has yet to turn a profit and that SpaceX is only able to create failure prone rockets by the graces of NASA. Now go crawl on back to /r/ElonMusk you billionaire worshiping troglodyte.
>>
>>61789860
I will admit, the Tesla 3 batteries going only as low as 90% capacity during its lifetime is impressive, no matter how you cut it. I always thought battery was the car's Achilles heel - we've all experienced needing to replace batteries on our laptops. Whether or not electric cars become feasible (there's still a matter of delivering power to these things and where to get that power that doesn't pollute as much as gas powered cars, defeating its purpose) but that's one major hurdle overcome.

Tesla's a giant boom for battery technology, at the very least.
>>
>>61790258
>Can someone explain the "SpaceX wastes money" meme to me?
what is the point in going to mars
there's nothing there
fucking nothing
rocks
you're throwing billions of dollars that could be used to do something useful into the sky
>>
>>61793849
>what is the point in going to mars
An insurance against species extinction.
>>
>>61793857
ah yes, the meme science excuse, singularity soon brothers also we're all living in a simulation
find technology that will allow people to live on a planet without breathable atmosphere or arable land without significant support from earth first
>>
>>61793857
Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever happen to Earth that would make it worse than the inhospitable hell hole that is Mars. If you really wanted an insurance to protect the human race, you'd drill into Antarctica and build a massive bunker there. A Mars colony is not going to happen within our, nor our children's, lifespan.
>>
>>61793874
>find a way to do something before attempting it

there is absolutely no way to prepare for this before testing the waters and seeing what fucks up and what doesn't. And yes some people will die and many billions will be spent
>>
>>61793887
no but plenty of things could happen that could make Earth a shithole graveyard that's only slightly better than Mars, at least for humans. We've been abandoning livable areas to settle on rough, hostile unexplored territory before. It will take many generations but it is essential that we diversify our habitats in the long run
>>
File: 1501997046985.jpg (58KB, 750x494px) Image search: [Google]
1501997046985.jpg
58KB, 750x494px
>>61789860
I too saw this on slashdot, friend :^)
>>
>>61793890
>some people will die and many billions will be spent
For what purpose? So America can wave its dick around?
>>
>>61793890
finding a way to produce energy, air, food, and water from nothing doesn't require you to go to mars at all. Not that there's any good reason at all to do it in the first place

>>61793906
yeah, hostile unexplored territory on earth full of breathable air and natural resources
>>
>>61793830
Those batteries in the Tesla last longer than a modern combustion engine
Impressive
>>
>>61793930
maybe, yes. In fact I suspect that military considerations will once again be the driving force for space colonization
>>
>>61793906
Yes, but those places weren't subject to daily solar radiation bombardments and breathable air and drinkable water. Face it, Mars is a hell hole and there's no point to settle it when we already have a whole host of problems here to work on.
>>
>>61793932
>finding a way to produce energy, air, food, and water
no one is going to Mars without figuring out at least basic sustainability, even if it's been agreed that the first colonists will die there, probably prematurely. Are you opposed to further research into these areas?
>>
>>61793953
>Yes, but those places weren't subject to daily solar radiation bombardments and breathable air and drinkable water.
we also didn't have any technology to combat this. We still don't, not fully, but we are making progress. As to your other point, basically everything within any reasonable distance from Earth is a hellhole. We need to be able to at least maintain basic colonies on hellholes if we don't want to stand around holding our dicks waiting for a meteor
>>
>>61793941
Space colonization is a meme. The simple fact of the matter is that humanity will likely never stay far from Earth. Space is an empty black void that stares at us only with contempt.
>>
>>61793976
>The simple fact of the matter is that humanity will likely never stay far from Earth
I suspect that if you replace "Earth" with any geographic location, somebody has said that same sentence thousands of times already. We overcome our obstacles and we expand
>>
>>61793956
They are going to mars with massive support from earth. It may be possible to set up a very small self-sustaining colony (although I doubt it) but it won't be able to expand without more support from earth. There is no way with any of our current technology that there could ever be a significant population on mars
>>
>>61789860
It's because of people like you that we can't have nice things.
Funding musk is probably the best use of govt funding.
>>
>>61789877
>where would you prefer the money go?

That's not the right question, it's actually a quite silly one.

Should this money be taken from the citizens by force in the first place?

The money doesn't need to "go" anywhere. It can simply stay in the hands of the taxpayers.

>>61789944
Face it, a large part of his success comes from government aid. Not many Americans know this but Norway has aggressively encouraged electric cars for years. There's plenty of Teslas on the roads there. Why? Massive taxes on gasoline and diesel cars and massive subsidies on electric cars. It's almost foolish not to buy one if you live there. Sweden is next to it. It doesn't have surplus of electricity, it's a net importer (Norway is a net exporter). Sweden has therefore not given electric cars any special treatment so there's barely any Teslas there.

>>61790695
I guess this depends on the country. If I have to pay more for my gasoline car so you can buy your electric car cheaper then that's asking some of the public to foot the bill.
>>
File: RaptureLocation_FEAT-969x545.jpg (78KB, 969x545px) Image search: [Google]
RaptureLocation_FEAT-969x545.jpg
78KB, 969x545px
Before space, we should habitate the ocean depths first
>>
>>61793987
actually when the old world discovered america people went and settled it immediately, sure they said the world was flat, but that was a lie, we know what's on mars and it's fucking nothing, it's a really dumb comparsion. The earth supports life
>>
>>61793993
no one is talking about significant populations or instant self-sustainability. It might take a century or more.
>>
>>61793975
Again, nothing can happen to Earth that will make it more of a hell hole than the nearby hell holes. I don't know if you know this, but extremely large meteors have struck the Earth multiple times, we survived then, why wouldn't we survive now? And a deep self sufficient Antarctic base would be safe from any meteor while not being on a literal death planet.
>>
>>61789877
>welfare
yes.
>>
>>61794007
>people went and settled it immediately
the initial American colonists were borderline starving and had to have grain shipments form Britain
>>
>>61794012
>a century
lol
yeah, I said figure out the technology to actually live on another planet before you fucking go there. And that is far from a century off, so this is a big waste of money
>>
>>61794016
>we survived then
who's "we"? Some bacteria? Nothing large has hit Earth in the miniscule amount of time humans have been here
>>
>>61794012
Again, this is a century's worth of effort for something that has no point. There's absolutely no point for a Mars colony other than the idiotic "muh insurance" excuse. Humanity is tough, we've survived Supervolcanos and meteor impacts when we didn't have technology, why can't we do it now?
>>
>>61794024
There were people already living in america. One of the biggest cities in the world was in america. The earth supports life. That's the fundamental difference. Compaing this to colonization of the earth is fucking dumb
>>
>>61794030
>we don't have it now so don't even bother developing it for the future
do you think the tech will somehow be found without investment?
>>
>promising that success is always just beyond the horizon and yet never arrives
The fuck is this cuck talking about?
>>
>>61794047
I'm comparing colonization to colonization. Nothing in the Universe as far as we know supports life. We need to learn to support it ourselves
>>
>>61794050
It's a waste of money to go to mars when you dont have the technology to support life on a rock with no resources. Find that technology first before thinking about going to other planets. Going to mars isn't going to help you do that. Or even better, spend that money fixing the problems on earth instead of going into space
>>
>>61794063
>Find that technology first
for free?
>>
>>61790412
Hey don't knock the Bolt. it's a good EV the only thing wrong with it is that it's a "compliance" car so they will never make more of them than they absolutely have to to fulfill state mandated EV sales.
>>
Yeah take away his subsidy and put the money from it in my welfare checks. Thanks.
>>
>>61794067
Going to Mars isn't going to help, unless you think they're just going to drill into the ground and find water and everyone will live happily ever after
>>
File: DC-XA_first_landing.jpg (138KB, 636x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DC-XA_first_landing.jpg
138KB, 636x1000px
>>61794058
Wow they made a rocket take off and land again. Truly incredible never done before events going on right here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X#DC-XA
>>
>>61789860
>space program, electric cars, solarification, Hyperloop
>all massive infrastructure projects that can only be feasibly done by the government, at great cost
>amerisharts are too in love with muh individualism and muh free market to appreciate this
>Musk is a front man making these all look like private initiatives, when actually they're government projects in all but name
>>
>>61794089
you didn't answer. How will we be able to have the technology without investing in it? We don't have anyone on Mars now so discussing the actual mission is irrelevant, we're talking about current investment
>>
>>61794018
>Welfare
no.
>Shooting niggers
Yes
>>
>>61794098
>feasibly done
throwing blank checks at NASA hoping for military and political superiority is many things but not feasible, at least economically
>>
>>61794103
I'm saying that going to Mars isn't going to help in the development of that technology. If you want to argue about weather we should invest in the technology to make other planets habitable, I would also say no but that's an entirely different argument. They're planning a mission to go to Mars right now so I think it is a relevant discussion to have
>>
Elon Musk is this generation's Howard Hughes. Hopefully he won't go crazy and jerk off to The Conqueror until he dies, though.

So long as he gets shit done, great. Infrastructure projects are good. We need them. We need lots of them. Justify the spending however the fuck you need to. This fucking country's falling apart due to improper use of funds. Elon Musk's shit is some of the only justifiable spending the government does do.
>>
>>61789860
Once we wean the trillion dollar oil industry off government subsidies and tax exemptions/write-offs then maybe we can look at Elon.
>>
>>61794127
>They're planning a mission to go to Mars right now
I can only assume that they won't go there until they have enough experts telling them they can achieve basic sustainability

if your argument is that "you won't learn to live on Mars by dropping 5 people with tin cans and a week of oxygen'' then yes I agree but that's just a truisn
>>
>>61794149
>Hyperloop
>Justifiable Spending
mfw
>>
>>61794095
>On the second of these flights the vehicle set its altitude and duration records, 3,140 metres (10,300 ft) and 142 seconds of flight time. Its next flight, on 7 July, proved to be its last. During testing, one of the LOX tanks had been cracked. When a landing strut failed to extend due to a disconnected hydraulic line, the DC-XA fell over and the tank leaked. Normally the structural damage from such a fall would constitute only a setback, but the LOX from the leaking tank fed a fire which severely burned the DC-XA, causing such extensive damage that repairs were impractical

Wow, great tech you've got there. A fucking helium balloon could've gone further.
>>
>>61789860
Tbh he's cheaper than NASA and has more of a shot getting us to mars sometime in the next millennium.
>>
File: ht_falcon_9_kab_150116_16x9_992.jpg (56KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
ht_falcon_9_kab_150116_16x9_992.jpg
56KB, 992x558px
>>61794181
>>
>>61794179
Hyperloop is something straight out of a World's Fair.
>>
This is how the American economy works though.
Car industry- mostly government subsidies.
Agricultural industry- mostly government subsidies
Aerospace, military, high technology (IBM), parts of silicon valley, banking, healthcare industry it's all government subsidised.
(The healthcare industry IS government subsidies, it's just americans also have to pay for insurance on top of the usual high levels of subsidy. For example, the pharmaceutical industry gets a lot of gov subsidies through the gov funded public research and also directly but you still need to pay for goldberg's diabetes pill)

The entire american system is set up to redirect tax money to the super rich instead of infrastructure.,
>>
>>61794164
>basic sustainability
yeah and what's that exactly? they're going to try and be as self-sufficient as possible but they're going to be dependent on earth drops for anything that matters. Maybe they'll create a self-sustaining community of 5 or 10, but no significant amount of people and it certainly wouldn't be a living worth living. What's the point? You're not going to come up with the miracle technologies needed for a full scale, expandable colony by doing this. not even close
>>
>>61794117
It is feasible economically in the sense it actually happened. Government funding has given us ICBMs and satellites and human spaceflight and landable rockets (as SpaceX is a de facto government programme). Meanwhile private, no-government-subsidy corporations have created absolutely fuck all.
>>
>>61794220
the point is to see what they haven't thought of (which is impossible on Earth) for when we do have the capability to send more people
>>
>>61794179
Kys. Musk has succesfully built hyperloops in Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook.
>>
>>61794235
>when we do have the capability to send more people
won't be for centuries. Like I said, the technology isn't even close. Why do this now? It's basically about the sci-fi memes and cold world space race bullshit
>>
>>61794204
How dumb are you? SpaceX has had successes. Your meme programming you linked didn't even make the Karman line, let alone orbit. NASA didn't even want the programme in the first place, recognised it was a useless cash drain and put it on the scrapheap where it belonged.
>>
>>61794250
because you need to crawl and walk before you can run.

>cold world space race bullshit
this will definitely be a factor of it, maybe the main factor. Not saying it should be but only a military threat can really spur governments to make serious technological leaps
>>
>>61789985
ula started this whole anti musk bandwaggon
just listen to this
https://soundcloud.com/user-556604054/ula-seminar

literally intel shit tier slides spacex glues together stages
>>
So far, Musk has produced more value than that for the US several times over. The US is potentially getting their first new major auto manufacturer in like a century, who are manufacturing in America, and people bitch and cry because "Muh right wing ideological principles!"

You think automakers weren't getting government support before? Who do you think helped convince the government to build all those roads and tax the public instead of the drivers? Fuel for autos have also seen plenty of subsidies and America has gone to great lengths to keep fuel prices low. China has been playing this game for decades and is crushing the US in growth.
>>
File: 06630942.jpg (45KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
06630942.jpg
45KB, 400x392px
>>61794237
>"""""""Hyperloops""""""""
>>
Basically America is entirely shit with the exception of Musk and his companies. Not a single company is as aggressive, cost-cutting, engineer-empowering, business-major-free, entrenched-incumbent-killing, fast-growing, or exciting as Tesla SpaceX and SolarCity.

OP is a faggot because USA used to buy exclusively Russian rocket engines and now SpaceX is killing the companies that relied on them in favour of better home-grown rockets. Isn't that a good thing? Don't you like USA OP?
>>
>>61794271
>because you need to crawl and walk before you can run.
you are not going to find the technology to create air and water and organic matter out of nothing by sending some people to go and live a dependent life from mars. These technologies aren't even close to existing and going to mars won't bring them any closer to realization. And military threats aren't the only thing that makes serious technological leaps, see the enlightenment
>>
>>61794254
The point was the illustrate that making a rocket go up and then land is not a very difficult thing to do. If even a shit tier program like the one I listed could, why did SpaceX fail so much?
>>
>>61794285
>>61794293
Tesla has yet to turn a profit and their stock is just a pump and dump scam. For such a "aggressive, cost-cutting, engineer-empowering, business-major-free, entrenched-incumbent-killing, fast-growing" company to produce cars that rank at the bottom of reliability charts is quite an achievement, wouldn't you think my fellow Muskovites?

https://www.truedelta.com/reliability-by-generation?o=2&d=DESC
>>
>>61794306
>going to mars won't bring them any closer to realization
I beg to differ. And I'm sure that there are hundreds of physicists, engineers, biologists, chemists and psychologists discussing the issues you have thought of any many others that you haven't for this exact purpose
>>
>>61794063
Kill yourself anti american anti explorer faggot
>>
Warning: I got banned for mentioning Elon Musks religion last time I posted in one of these Elon Musk shill threads, be careful goys.
>>
>>61792580
>clean technology
>electric car company
kek'd https://youtu.be/MQLbakWESkw
>>
>>61794332
did ula outsourced their shillness to brasil also?
>>
"Muh subsidizing the rich" ~This entire thread

Musk deserves money more than you do because he is giving America a huge leg up on a money-making and job-producing sector while making exciting new products. Some rich people really do deserve the wealth they have.

Spending that money on you plebs would be a waste. You would blow it all on delivery pizza and gayman PCs.
>>
>>61794334
>I beg to differ
well cite some arguments instead of appealing to authority because basic common sense demonstrates you can't live on a fucking rock without a breathable atmosphere, water or any organic matter. All you can do is ship those things from earth, maybe you can recycle them and create your own ecosystem but expanding that ecosystem would be extremely expensive and not capable of sustaining a large population
>>
File: 70e.jpg (28KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
70e.jpg
28KB, 567x565px
>>61794354
>>
>>61794308
>making a rocket go up and then land is not a very difficult thing to do
t. professional internet shitposter who only read about aerospace engineering on wikipedia page
>>
>>61794341
Muskboo Ledditors think "report == downvote"..
>>
>>61794355
Way to not address any argument made in this thread and just wank about how great Musk is. Do you happen to frequent /r/ElonMusk my fellow Redditor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
>>
>>61794360
what I mean to say is that attempting to establish a Martian colony will absolutely advance our knowledge of the matter. You keep using these truisms and exaggerations like "you can't make water out of rocks" well no shit. How do you develop technology without testing it?
>>
>>61794382
Hmm.
>>
>>61794395
you can test technology to make water out of rocks without going to mars. none of the technology required to thrive on mars is even close to existing, thus going there isn't going to help. I use 'truisms' because they're incredibly obvious facts yet they have no argument to refute them, because going to mars is a practically stupid idea
>>
>>61794382
well he can argue that he does it on ksp
>>
>>61794425
no, you can't really test martian technology on earth. Just like we needed to test spaceflight in, you know, space, before we sent people. Do you think we had it all worked out before a single monkey was sent up there?
>>
>>61794412
Cite me a SINGLE actual aerospace engineer that says reusable rocketry is not difficult.
>>
>>61789860
I support your cause but the guy just dumped his last piece
A guy on vagoo withdrawal is UNSTOPPABLE
The impossible will happen in about 2 weeks
>>
>>61794435
mars is made up of the same elements as earth so you can test technology to make mars habitable on earth. If that technology was even close to existing, going to mars might be worthwhile because then you could test and develop it. But that technology doesn't exist. So going to mars isn't going to help. That's like saying we need to go into space before rockets were invented so we can learn how to invent rockets. Technology doesn't work that way. Rockets were invented on the ground.
>>
File: NETS.jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
NETS.jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>61794464
Since when were we talking about reusable rockets friendo? I was just discussing rockets taking off and landing.
>>
>>61789985
>Not to mention SpaceX performs better

Highest failure rate never being on shedule wrong orbits in the first 10-15 flights (more than 10% over their claimed accuracy -> launch failure)

Nobody trusts them.

SpaceX not taking over the market even with their stupid low prices ... < makes you think right?
>>
>>61789860
http://www.breitbart.com/author/jenny-beth-martin/

her pieces are so cringy that i cant even laugh at them
>>
>>61794486
hello /r/ula
go back to your little boeing and lockheed bubble literally the only 2 companies that sustain you and leave the actual space to people that actually knows what they are doing
>>
>>61794479
>mars is made up of the same elements as earth so you can test technology to make mars habitable on earth
yes. And then you need to test it on mars to see what you missed.
>>
>>61794392
I don't need to argue with envious babies who want handouts but aren't worth jack shit. Oh no, a successful person who has peoples confidence is getting peoples support! Maybe you should make something of yourself instead of worrying about who people with bigger brains and responsibilities than yourself decide to give money to. Elon Musk haters are just jealous failures at life.
>>
File: 1466322934835.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466322934835.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>61794483
If you didn't mean reusable rockets but just those jumping a few feet in the air and landing then why would you use such ridiculous example to discredit Musk?

It seems you are the master of non-argument here.
>>
>>61794527
yeah, but the technology doesn't exist, so we can't test it, and going to mars isn't going to help that technology come into existence any more than visiting space will help you invent rockets
>>
>>61794549
>but the technology doesn't exis
but it does, that's why people are talking about sending people to Mars in the next decade or so
>>
>>61794468
This guy knows what's up, prepare your anuses for some real nigga shit to happen soon.
>>
>>61794543
What are you even talking about? You have yet to challenge my original claim that making a rocket take off and land is not very difficult, so I'll take my internet victory. Thanks for the self-esteem boost Anon.
>>
>>61794254
Yeah lowest reliabilit of every LSP .... no Falcon Heavy yet....

Lies lies more lies & PR
>>
>>61794479
>mars is made up of the same elements as earth so you can test technology to make mars habitable on earth
>if you know the chemical composition of something you can learn everything you need about it
where's my definitive black hole manual
>>
>>61794515
ULA rockets have a nearly perfect success rate while SpaceX rockets seem to enjoy exploding. It really makes me think.
>>
>>61794577
since its not difficult im sure you can show your desing senpai
>>
>>61794593
helps that one wants to reuse their rockets and the other well just want more money to create new ones
>>
>>61794560
as I already said, the only technology that exists are things that can recycle organic matter, so all you can do is create an extremely small colony at great expense to the people on earth. Actually colonising mars would require something akin to terraforming, which doesn't exist
>>
File: 1482893028703.jpg (211KB, 805x945px) Image search: [Google]
1482893028703.jpg
211KB, 805x945px
>>61794533
Thanks for the laugh Anon. And for someone who doesn't need to argue, you seem to enjoy arguing with paragraph long posts. Please reply to this so that you can show how much you don't need to argue.
>>
>>61794577
>derails discussion into something different than original point of discrediting Musk
>internet victory
Sure thing, buddy
>>
>>61794614
I'll launch my $300 million dollar satellite on the rocket that is a little more expensive yet is guaranteed not to explode, thank you very much.
>>
SpaceX wagecuck checking in.

I've got about 30 minutes to kill before bed time. AMA within reason. No I don't know who Elon's hair transplant surgeon was.
>>
>>61794614
Helps that other companies are not failing at something that makes no sense to do.

reused F9 ->

10% cost reduction

30% payload reduction

x% increased failure rate

Muuuh reusability sooo smart muuh new age of spaceflight

Makes you wonder why SpaceX has no impact on the market and can only survive with ULA and government contracts.

Spaceflight is about reliability and being on shedule not saving 100 million dollars for the launch.

>pro tip the launch costs are the smallest financial part of a operational satellite.
>>
File: dcq-donald-trump.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dcq-donald-trump.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
>>61789860
>>
>>61794649
What credentials do I need to get a job there?
>>
>>61794649
Reddit Jesus recently said that "Falcon Heavy in November." Is this actually going to happen or is it just more talk?
>>
>>61794616
>would require something akin to terraforming
no it wouldn't. We can dig under the surface.
>>
>>61794649
is there anything remotely real about his statements for Mars missions or was he jerking off into the wind
>>
File: spacexdomination.png (48KB, 738x428px) Image search: [Google]
spacexdomination.png
48KB, 738x428px
>>61794656
>Makes you wonder why SpaceX has no impact on the market
Cry harder faggot
>>
>>61794674
you still need breathable air, which is what the point of terraforming is. you need to be able to create new organic matter to expand
>>
>>61789877
the later
>>
>>61794699
>you need to be able to create new organic matter to expand
organic matter grows by itself. It wouldn't be impossible to maintain a small population that keeps expanding its food sources and eventually human numbers as well, even if we're a few decades away from having that
>>
>>61794699
>which is what the point of terraforming is
no the point of terraforming is transforming a planet into Earth which is not necessary for any but a final stage of colonization
>>
>>61794656
>pro tip the launch costs are the smallest financial part of a operational satellite.

This is actually somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy. Launch costs are typically huge, necessitating payloads that have extreme reliability and longevity(not an easy thing to achieve for space based hardware), leading to huge payload costs, leading to a need to launch your super expensive payloads with extreme reliability, leading to even higher launch costs.

>>61794665
Be more specific, what kind of job do you want?

>>61794670
I'd put it at 40% for Nov but I'm fairly certain we'll do a launch before the end of the year.

>>61794688
It's definitely his end goal but needless to say, like all things Musk, the timeline is probably way off.
>>
>>61794693

>domination

>declinging

completely gone by 2018

thx for proving my point mr muskshill
>>
>we need to colonize Mars in case Earth becomes uninhabitable in the future!

Or why not just... ... ...Not fuck up Earth in the first place? W O W
>but environmental regulations are anti-business! MUH PROFITS!

So capitalists want money to colonize Mars because they're afraid of fucking up the Earth due to their own greed?

And $5bn of taxpayer money spent on this garbage. Imagine all of the medical care that could buy, or people that could feed, damn
>>
>>61794720
>necessitating payloads that have extreme reliability and longevity(not an easy thing to achieve for space based hardware), leading to huge payload costs, leading to a need to launch your super expensive payloads with extreme reliability, leading to even higher launch costs.

this is the only self fulfilling prohecy

There is no reason to think that sats are going to get cheaper when launch costs go dow... especially since we need less and less launches.

Muhh when we be super cheap then super many launches come trust me just trust me I will change the world just some more money....
>>
>>61794693
And where is this sourcing from? And this doesn't include government contracts, fyi.
>>
>>61794732
>Not fuck up Earth in the first place
bit late for that lad. But I think the most serious threat is an aggressive virus or a meteor impact
>>
File: afdsf.jpg (47KB, 835x394px) Image search: [Google]
afdsf.jpg
47KB, 835x394px
>>61794656
7 years on the market
2 failures
reusable rockets from day 1

ULA 58 years
30% of their flights are failures
not a single reusable rocket
really fires up my neurons
>>
File: pepe tired of your shit.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
pepe tired of your shit.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>61794727
Awww c'mon baiting hater. I thought you had something better in your hand than outright refusal of reality. You disappoint me.
>>
>>61794743
>Counting the failures from literally half a century ago.

Man, you really ARE desperate. Why is it so hard to swallow that your favourite company has less reliable rockets than their competitor? Does it hurt your pride for some reason?
>>
>>61794713
>organic matter grows by itself
no, it needs other organic matter / water. If you synthesize organic matter then that's a significant step maybe, but you don't need to go to mars to do that
>>
>>61794751
change to "SOPA DE MACACO" slides
then you can see the real baits
>>
>>61794743
>2 failures

fuck off SpaceX has the lowest reliability on the market

5% failure rate is incredibly high

ULA 58 years
30% of their flights are failures
not a single reusable rocket
really fires up my neurons

Source ? Because last time I checked ULA had not a single failure in the last 150 launches or something

stop with the reusable rocket NOBODY fucking needs a resuable rocket it's as dumb as a resuable condom

You clearly have very superficial knowledge back to /futurology with you
>>
>>61793753

Not him but I don't think whether they've made a profit as relevant though. He's right, for Tesla to even get as far as they have is impressive let alone shaming most of the existing Auto industry.

It's almost like Intel vs AMD right now
>>
>>61794751
What do you expect ...

a chart without a source....

fucking shill kys
>>
>>61794740
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/as-dominance-of-launch-market-looms-spacex-now-valued-at-21-billion/
>>
>>61794762
>>Counting the failures from literally half a century ago.

so spacex founded 10 years ago its ok to judge their early failures
ula founded 58 years ago so that means we can only judge the last 10 years
because of reasons
the definition of moving a goalpost is literally this
>>
File: 458463main_pia13163.jpg (854KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
458463main_pia13163.jpg
854KB, 1280x1024px
>>61794765
>water
>>
>>61794776
No, AMD has delivered solid products that have competed and have even outperformed their competitor. They literally created the 64bit extension to x86. What has Tesla done to improve the automotive industry?
>>
>>61794237

By God, it put them on that map!
>>
>>61794773
usa mandates every space company to release their mission failures rates moron you would know that if you actually knew what you were talking about

as far as ula goes their list is publicly avail on the internet and the graph literally shows that
also its only 65 last succefull missions not 150
fucking macacos dont even know how to shill anymore
>>
>>61794773
>stop with the reusable rocket NOBODY fucking needs a resuable rocket it's as dumb as a resuable condom
Condoms are like a few bucks for a pack, rockets are $$$
Reusable rockets makes more sense than condoms because rockets are expense as fuck.
>>
>Reusable rockets
>TFW yourip btfos ameriburger yet again
>>
>>61794796
ok now lets see elon musk turn that into plant life before sending people off to die on mars
>>
>>61794797

>delivered solid products that have competed and have even outperformed their competitor.

But that's literally what the Model S has done to the mid size performance sedan market. Shits all over the BMW 5 series, Jag XE, etc
>>
>>61794797
every single tesla patent is free
does this count as helping? if you say no you probably dont really know anything about tech in general
>>
>>61794788
Those early failures were from the very beginning of spaceflight. When rockets were literally just ICBMs and everything being used was new and buggy. SpaceX have no excuse other than being the cheap brand. Man up shill-senpai.
>>
>>61794813
>our artsy picture of some fairy-tale concept technology is better than your REAL, actual rockets
>>
>>61794820
The Model S costs twice as much as the cars you compared it too and haven't sold nearly as much.
>>
>>61794824
you are joking right they have more failures between 80 to 00s than any other space company combined
i guess in the 80s ula had the excuse that smoking weed was still a thing and therefore they were high while constructing the engines
or they probably just glued them together amd style
>>
>>61794818
you want to see him melting ice cubes or what?
>>
>>61794864

Such is life being an early adopter.
>>
>>61794866
And they have had no failures since the early 90s while SpaceX still has rockets going Kaboom despite the advances in computer aided manufacturing and guidance.
>>
>>61794004

What is global warming?
>>
>>61794864
twice as much
jag xe starts from 50k and goes up to 175k
model s starts from 65k up to 128k
bmw i8 85k to 145k

your calculus part of your brain needs a new bios
>>
>>61794661
This is very true in business executives or salesmen. Baldness is seen as a weakness. Weakness can be picked on, they can be called "baldy" behind their back and even to their face and it's just a bit of banter, but they are still bald.
>>
>>61794888
no failures since early 90s
if by early 90s you mean 1999 then yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlas_launches_(1990%E2%80%931999)
>>
>>61794893
a bullshit story backed by pseudo-science in order to suck more money out of honest hard working taxpayers.
>>
>Musk BTFO! Musk cocksuckers on a suicide watch and their shoelaces have been taken away.
>This bald welfare queen and his retarded fans need to fuck off.
This is an excellent way to seem entirely biased in presentation while making absolutely sure nobody with capacity for critical thinking sways based on your post.
Doesn't even matter if you're right.
>>
>>61794927
global warming is happening there is no question about it earth has gone multiple times on such events

the problem lies that some cycles wants to blame the human and human only for everything
>>
>>61794952
>the problem lies that some cycles wants to blame the human and human only for everything
yup, this is what i meant. I don't know why there is so much focus on it while we actually have some serious man made environmental disasters like river pollution for example. How many news outlets talk about that? How many government subsidies go towards fixing that? It is an issue affecting human beings right now and not after X years when earth temp increases by the meme 2 degrees C. Even in academia it is the same shit. Global warming this global warming that yet no one talks about pollution.
sorry for rant.
>>
>>61794308
The difficult part is making a rocket which can go into space and come back down, because weight restrictions are the whole reason why rocketry is difficult in the first place. Any highschool science project could make a self-landing rocket that went up by some meme altitude.
>>
>>61794004
>Sweden has not given electric cars any subsidies and there's next to no electric cars there.
Anon you could just stop for a second to check if you're mentally handicapped by going to Wikipedia and looking at stats.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car_use_by_country
"In September 2011 the Swedish government approved a 200 million kr program, effective starting in January 2012, to provide a subsidy of 40,000 kr per car for the purchase of 5,000 electric cars and other "super green cars" with ultra-low carbon emissions, defined as those with emissions below 50 grams ofcarbon dioxide(CO2) per km[...]"
How do you expect anyone to trust you like this? Now every single word in your posts has to be carefully examined for falsehood. And who's gonna go through that effort? Nobody. You're really not worth it. Neither would I be if I had similar errors.

You have to be right or your post is null. Ignoring how you could easily sway /pol/s opinion just by repeating yourself a lot normal people do simple Google searches to verify information.
>inb4 hyperbole that covers fringe groups of society
>>
>>61794997
because they dont want to invest on smog removing machines like china did (and they actually were succefull on it by a huger margin)
>>
>>61794836

SABRE and Skylon are cool as shit but this.
ITS will be flying regularly before Skylon is even built.
>>
>>61789860
>5 billion
Fuck off ULA, you overcharged your rockets for DECADES. You've gotten much more than 5billion.
>>
>>61794888

Key part of Rocketry and Orbital science is the heritage of a Rocket. Boeing and Lockheed M have such a long heritage it would shocking if they didn't have a really good present reliable rocket.

SpaceX have only been around since 2002(?), they are pushing boundaries with their own tech from top to bottom. The fact they haven't had more failures is surprising.
>>
>>61795118

That's true, they've been receiving a $1 Billion per annum subsidy for years in exchange for not letting their equipment be rusty.

SpaceX got $400 Million to help develop the Falcon 9 v1.0. As well as the preferential contracts from NASA. Which are quickly turning out to improve American access to space.

I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>61794820
Toyota shits all over you Tesla cucks.

You're not even a competitor to Toyota.

Toyota even sold all their Tesla shares because they see the writing on the wall for Tesla.
>>
>>61794713
>>61794717
Fuck off retards. Terraforming won't do shit if there isn't an active planetal core that generates electromagnetic radiation and can lessen the impact of UV rays from space.
>>
>>61794293
No one cares about Tesla besides reddit cucks like yourself.

The Tesla livestream revealed the losers that are you reddit cucks.

Lip wristed, pale white males who think a beard looks good on them.

The 2018 Camry had more hype than any of the Tesla cars.
>>
>>61794285
>The US is potentially getting their first new major auto manufacturer in like a century

Tesla is gonna declare bankruptcy. They produce one of the ugliest car interiors in the industry.

Even cheap Indian manufactured cars have more luxurious interiors than Tesla.
>>
>>61793753
An unfriendly reminder that Tesla repaid its initial government investment several years early & with interest. But that time doesn't count, right faggot?
Dumb nigger.
>>
>>61794098
Nice try, cuck.

Elon Musk is such a beta that he claims he already got verbal agreement for his Hyperloop when verbal agreements don't mean shit when it comes to big projects.

He's too beta to even get a small local mayor on stage and say they agreed to the Hyperloop.

Elon Musk just says bullshit from time to time so investors don't leave him but top of the cream investors have already left like Toyota.
>>
>>61795217

Terraforming will take such a long time that we'd be dealing with hundreds of years before a lack of magnetic field becomes a major concern though.

We can induce a protective field with a giant metal "plug" held at a lagrange point if we had the desire today. Alternate solutions have time to be developed.
>>
>>61794004
Man, you're stupid as fuck. Go post this on faggit, they'll love you there.
>>
I always thought ULA shills were a meme, but this thread proves me otherwise. It would be funny if by 2022 ULA fails to make their own engine and starts using merlin engines.
>>
>>61795359
>Underestimating space
>Underestimating UV radiation

Mars doesn't even have a protective ozone layer and it has fuck huge craters everywhere.

One big enough asteroid or meteorite would set everything back to square one.
>>
>>61789860
yeah about sick of hearing about elon musk
he honestly seems like an idiot, not his "super genius" everyone makes him out to be
>>
>>61795443
>One big enough asteroid or meteorite would set everything back to square one.
Welcome to earth?
>>
>>61795427

They've already folded on that front. The Vulcan is going to start up with BE-4 engines from Blue Origin.

>>61795443

One big enough asteroid or meteorite would still fuck Earth back to the stone age or worse.

Terra-forming Mars is a mega-project bigger than any other ever undertaken. If you wanted to make a case against it, the fact the gravity is probably too low for healthy fetal development or the lack of near-term (50-60 years) viable economic sustainability and self-sufficiency would be a better argument.

If we learn to do Mars then we can do lots of other things.
>>
>>61795494
>They've already folded on that front. The Vulcan is going to start up with BE-4 engines from Blue Origin.
>Blue Origin encounters setback in BE-4 engine testing
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/05/15/blue-origin-encounters-setback-in-be-4-engine-testing/
It's supposed to work by 2020, I wonder if they will make it by 2022.
>>
Stop whining. If they weren't paying Elon Musk to do it, they'd be paying NASA instead. At least paying Musk, there's the eventual HOPE that the company will become profitable and become able to operate without taxpayer money EVENTUALLY, unlike NASA, which is a government agency.

All of Musk's companies are creating useful technology and forcing market evolution. You have SpaceX driving commercial space exploration, you have Tesla forcing the move to electric cars and helping to advance battery technology, and SolarCity is making those new solar roof tiles that look nearly the same as traditional roof tiles. So what's the problem? Waah my tax money? They're going to squander your tax dollars no matter what, at least they're being squandered on something useful.
>>
>>61789860
Diehard Muskfags are downright annoying and retarded. They trade blows with feminists and vegans at times for pole position in the most obnoxious bunch category.
>>
>>61795554

It gets cringey seeing people worship the ground he walks on, but why is it that people actively dislike him?

Most of what I see comes from an incorrect assertion that he's a hack who needs grotesque subsidies to do anything.

I'm not well versed in Tesla history or operation but I'm well into spaceflight and SpaceX.

NASA definitely threw Musk a bone with the CRS contract and he's done some amazing things with it via SpaceX and has opened up cheaper access to space than ever before.
>>
>>61789877
Dumb commie
>>
>>61794914
There was a failure in 1993.
>>
>>61794811
>Reusable rockets makes more sense than condoms because rockets are expense as fuck.

>everything that is expensive can be made reusable

I used the condom example because they are complex and need a extremely low failure rate just like rockets.

It makes no sense to reuse rockets just like condoms it is possible but not economic.

You either take the whole thing apart xray it and test the engines (high cost greetings from SS) OR you just refly the stage and will end up with an increased failure rate (yes even higher than their current failure rate that is the lowest in the industry)

you are welcome

next time use your brain
>>
I hope the ancap meme wins and sends the USA 200 years backwards, so that all other countries combined can then nuke it.

Private companies have never invented or innovated shit in the whole history of capitalism.
>>
File: d20.jpg (20KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
20KB, 420x420px
>>61794620
>three sentences
>paragraph long
Illiterate weeb retard lmoa
>>
>>61789860
>reddit spacing
Into the trash where you belong
>>
>>61795682

You do realise that the Falcon 9 is designed to be reused right?

As in they've thought out the best way to check these things.

They're going to great pains to ensure that a reused rocket is just as reliable as a fresh one?

They spent $1 Billion on converting Falcon 9 to a reusable platform that needs to be recouped, if they have a launch failure this early into reuse then that money is gone because no-one will want their multi-million dollar payload getting blown to shit.

It's too early to tell if it is going to be worth it or not. Don't be obtuse.
>>
>>61795682
>I used the condom example because they are complex
No, they're not. They're literally just a stretchy dick-shaped sack for catching jizz.
They're so not-complex they can be mass produced and given out for free by the millions.

It might be difficult to engineer a reusable rocket, but the huge cost of replacement warrants the attempt being made.
Single-use rockets are like having everyone disembark via parachute and just crash-landing 747s every time people wanted to fly somewhere.
>>
>>61790004

networth from funding is still networth
>>
File: 1493560754154.jpg (53KB, 738x499px) Image search: [Google]
1493560754154.jpg
53KB, 738x499px
GIB MOAR TAX PAYER MONIES
>>
>>61797698
Welcome to the US economy?
>>
>>61797759
some of us actually work for the money and don't beg the government.
>>
>>61789860
>mfw meanwhile the oil industry receives $5tn in subsidies yearly worldwide
really activated my synapses

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/aug/07/fossil-fuel-subsidies-are-a-staggering-5-tn-per-year
>>
>>61799519
amateurs. musk gets that in a year.
>>
>>61799569
OP says he received <$5bn over 10 years over three different industries...
>>
>>61790002
>if I if I remember correctly
>>
>>61790683
>you had a heart transplant, therefore you have no heart.
>>
>>61789860
he's launching rockets cheaply

the government and military launch many satellites and finances cargo trips to ISS
>>
>>61789860
>millitary takes 600b a year
>whines and bitches about someone who is pushing innovation in one way or another taking 500m a year
really activates my almonds
>>
>>61797801
If you work in the US for any major industry, probably not. Banks get money from the government, automotive industry, oil industry, IBM and aerospace, colleges and research, pharmaceutical industry... if you ain't getting government handouts you're not not a industry worth anything.
>>
Money will get you CHADIFIED.
>>
>>61793495
with a whole bunch of money
>>
>>61793849
whats the point of science ? why research things anyways , why go further , i wanna live in a cave and have a 30yr live expectancy
>>
>>61789860
Musk needed to sue to be allowed to bid on pentagon launches.
He then exposed BILLIONS is wasteful spending from the pentagon awarding inflated contracts to the contractor the pentagon themselves established.
The big three auto manufactures are all included in the list of the top 10 U.S. corporate welfare queens.
Google will verify my statements. Educate urself and stop spouting derp.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2wRvhbJIQQ

elon is beta as fuck
>>
>>61800208
>he's launching rockets cheaply
Because it's subsidized by the taxpayer, dummy.
>>
Musk repaid a gov loan to establish Tesla, with interest, 9 years early.
>>
>>61800450
guess where nasa gets like 99% of there funding
>>
Coal is on the way out. Clean renewable is taking over, and ecars will dominate the roads. Doesn't really matter how much lobbyists or backwards thinking idiots want to hang on to the status quo. Enjoy being part of the problem and falling behind the rest of the world in growing technologies.
>>
>>61800500
sources? back to /r/spacex you elon cock lover
>>
>>61800645
>Musk repaid a gov loan to establish Tesla, with interest, 9 years early
Try copy pasting it into a google search.
Why should I bother posting an url when even after you realize its true, you'll be still talking your same shit tomorrow?
>>
>>61789860
I want Musk's shills OUT.
>>
>>61800683
>posts something
>no sources
how stupid you can be?
>>
>>61800743
If there's one thing more aggravating than the ignorance of the typical conservatard, it's their pig headed refusal to be educated.
>>
>>61789877
Nowhere. You don't seem to understand that you don't need to put money into something else to stop spending it.
>>
>>61800438
The only post in this thread anybody needs to read.
>>
ITT: butthurt elon buttboys getting triggered because they can't see how much of a jew elon really is
>>
>>61800769
The antimusk retards srent conservatives theyre shills paid for by groups like United launch alliance. They cant compete against spacex in industry, so like all failing businesses they try to win by anticompetitive practices like shilling, buying news, and buying legislation.
>>
>>61800822
Tard haters getting schooled and responding with the jew card.
>>
>>61789985
Both should be cut.
>>
>>61790452
>>61793165
Why don't you research what they send up instead of just bitch and moan about stuff you don't care about anyway?
>>
I'd wish the hyperloop bullshit would die though
>>
>>61794641
There's a little something called satellite insurance that is designed by the aerospace actuaries in our aerospace department in London. It's very profitable. There's no difference in the rates spacex are getting and everyone else. Ergo they're no less likely to fail.
Kill yourself
>>
>>61800904
I wish he made a barebones electric for as cheap as possible with american labor

I wish he would stop acting like lipo wall wart is some sort of miracle

I wish his rocket plans were actually viable

I wish everyone who supported the hypertarded meme was rounded up and killed
>>
>>61794210
Get out of here with your facts and rational thinking!
>>
File: 1501170031110.png (124KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
1501170031110.png
124KB, 382x491px
>Elon is a fraud stealing our tax dollars
>>how so
>rabble rabble he's bald ,he's a jew
>>
>>61789877
>>>61789860
shooting niggers
>>
>space x - 4.9 billion
>get reusable rocket

>nasa - 19.5 billion
>???
>>
>>61800950
fuck off reddit
>>
>>61801055
nasa doesn't just make launchers
>>
File: 1500680022342.png (105KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500680022342.png
105KB, 720x540px
>>61789935
>Government spends billions on roads and oil, too, ya ding dong
Roads are public infrastructure, used by everyone to raise the collective wealth of a nation.
The claims of oil subsidies is almost always misrepresenting accounting practices and in turn tax liability that better reflect the natural of resource exploration and exploitation.
>>
>>61801081
NASA don't make anything they subcontract all of their work.

like this gem
>NASA finished work on a huge construction project here in Mississippi: a $349 million laboratory tower, designed to test a new rocket engine in a chamber that mimicked the vacuum of space.

>Then, NASA did something odd.

>As soon as the work was done, it shut the tower down. The project was officially “mothballed” — closed up and left empty — without ever being used.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-08-10-46-43.png (222KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-08-10-46-43.png
222KB, 720x1280px
>>61801081
You're right their main mission now is not even space related

>spend 19.5 billion
>get SJW faggotry
>>
>>61801126
>google NASA and diversity
>results come up
big if true!
>>
>>61801111
>misrepresenting accounting practices and in turn tax liability that better reflect the natural of resource exploration
You sound like a fucking jew politician slimeball, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>61800932
You want people that support an all-american company killed? The fuck is wrong with you? You want our own air force to fund the Russians to compete with us? Why don't you go over there and get thrown in solitary for 5 year for your pegging fetish, commie faggot?
>>
>>61800822
>BOEING gets $1,000,000,000 from US Gov for just existing, every year, regardless of if they launch, and they charge extra $400,000,000 per launch
>SpaceX gets no money every year for just existing, finds private investment, and charges $60,000,000 per launch

Which company is run by jews again?
>>
>>61801123
>NASA don't make anything they subcontract all of their work.
So they use government money to pay private companies in the aerospace&defense sector for projects that may or may not have long-term applications. Americans get paid and America stays at the forefront of aerospace research. Not necessarily bad.

It's also difficult to make meaningful and long-term projects right now due to every new president switching up the focus. See the Orion project.
>>
>>61793696
>This guy just doesn't seem smart to me
He's not he's just good at running businesses
>>
>>61790057
its not like its a secret how much he makes at TESLA

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=TSLA
>>
File: sYKZMTm.gif (1011KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
sYKZMTm.gif
1011KB, 360x270px
>>61800968
All of 4chan in general, summed up in 1 comment.
>>
>>61801224
they hyperloop is a literal pipe dream and it stuns me there are engineers that even entertain the thought more than a few minutes
>>
>>61801259
Sometimes it is the role of the government to help along fledgling companies that might disrupt things.

If the government never did that than the cost of entry to some businesses might stay forever out of each.

And of course some subsidies make sense from a national security perspective too, like you don't want to be wholly dependent on importing food, do you ?

Things are not so black and white these days, the are complicated issues.
>>
>>61801123
> And then Congress — at the urging of a senator from Mississippi — swooped in and ordered the agency to finish the tower, no matter what

you forgot that part
>>
File: office-space-roads-copy(2).png (977KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
office-space-roads-copy(2).png
977KB, 1000x1000px
>it's not ok to just give private companies money

>it's a-ok for the government to give lesser federal agencies money for them to give money to private companies reducing transparency and eating up the funding in administrative costs
>>
>>61789860
All large companies suck from the Fed teats.

The old money East Coast WASP faggots are just mad that he's better at it than they are.
>>
>>61801522
How else are good jobs going to be created?
>>
>>61801415
>subsidies should help along fledging businesses so they can grow into self-sustainable entities
>doesnt mention that Lockheed Martin is already a full sized company that developed the SR-71 Blackbird, the world's fastest and highest-flying jet, indicating their maturity and being past the phase of subsidies
>still tries to justify government subsidies for a company that buys all russian components
>doesnt note that Elons companies are literally the poster children for companies that deserve subsidy to help fledging innovators

Love how reasonable these anti-SpaceX shills become when their shit-flinging loses effectiveness among 4channers. Still full of shit but he's now masked as a non-shill. Pathetic, really.
>>
>>61801373
Answer the question! You literally dodges my question entirely.

If you support an All-American, home-grown company, then you should be killed? What The Fuck Is Wrong With You?
>>
>>61801742
Hyperloop should be killed because it's a literal scam. It being an American company is irrelevant.
>>
>>61789860
remain upset faggot
>>
>>61801742
it's obvious hyperbole meant to express how much disdain i have for hyperloop
>>
>>61801373
>hyperloop
There's a whole bunch of pissed off startup funders now that Musk recently announced he's going to build it himself. It was just a concept he said he had no plans of building himself.
>>
>>61801714
Then go back to your /r/SpaceX /r/ElonMusk and /r/Futurology safespace where you can circlejerk about the amazing and ground breaking technology that gets constantly shilled on.
>>
>>61801787
What the fuck are you talking about faggot. California is about to build the slowest, most expensive high speed rail project[1] while China leaps ahead with their high speed rail network[2]. Feminist chemical castration makes a lot of sense listening to uneducated faggots run your mouth on shit you obviously know NOTHING about. Bring back sterilization of retards, my grandchildren should not be forced to live in a world with your kids

[1] http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444262/california-high-speed-rail-unworkable-money-pit
[2] http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170605-inside-chinas-incredible-train-network
>>
>>61801843
Nigger now you're just mad. Just accept that your shilling manager is not gonna be impressed that you failed to perform today. Also how's the weather in India?
>>
>>61801913
the guy who can't even scale manufacturing of electric cars is going to do big dig nationwide but on schedule...sure
>>
>>61801998
Well time will tell but I got faith, plus I think a nationwide network of fast travel tunnels would be sick even if it's 50+ years away. Just hopefully doubting thomases like yourself get BLACKED out of the gene pool before then. I don't want to listen to a NEET complain unironically about wastes of taxpayer money while we ride to NYC at 200km/h.
>>
>>61801522
>it's not ok to just give private companies money

Yes it is.
>>
>>61801843
You don't want an autonomous hoverpod that takes you to the space elevator so you can go visit your grandchildren on the moon colony where they grow vitamin fortified cabbage sprouts in petri dishes from CRISPR'd DNA and everyone is the same inbred shade of brown and everyone is genderfluid and uses the same bathroom-hose?
>>
>>61800450
There is no such thing as a launch system not subsidised by the taxpayer. Same goes for agriculture, power generation, medical care... subsidies = bad is a meme pushed by useful idiots.
>>
>>61801913
Ironic that the first article takes such an anti-big-government approach, when the next story is about literal commies knocking it out the park.
>>
>>61802131
If you plant carrots in your garden you're engaged in agriculture without government subsidies. Just because your imagination is stunted and you can't see beyond the status quo doesn't mean the government is required for any of the things you mentioned. Centrally controlling those things makes them less efficient and more wasteful than they need to be. Do you think paying farmers to destroy their crops is reasonable?
>>
>>61794151
This objectively is the most respectable opinion in this thread (adding in the welfare queens like Chevy and the rest of the US auto industry)
>>
>>61789860
He got a squarer chin, this happens often with overachieving men.
Looks like he just has more test in general. And obviously he had a hair transplant.
>>
>>61789860
>What's up guys, nfkrz ere
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.