[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucked HDD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

So my external HDD is clicking and not visible anymore...I know it's over, but I would like to save some data like vids/pics/text files and music.
Is there a way? I mean does it even make sense to use some kind of recovery or cloning software if the HDD isn't even starting?
>>
>>61779122
lmao cucked
>>
>>61779122

Don't bother. Just restore from backups.

Even if you get that HDD working again it's not reliable anymore. You can't trust it. Buy a new one.
>>
>>61779122
Pay a data recovery service to recover it for you. Stop using it or you risk further data loss. It'll cost thousands. Decide if your data is worth it.
>>
>>61779122
>I know it's over
Your right, it's over. It's finally time to get to the backups! This is not a drill! This is an actual data restore situation!
>>
>>61779374
I don't care if it won't be reliable. I just need it to start one more time so I can move the data to another HDD. I don't have backups sadly since I was in the process of moving data and didn't bother.

All I need is to access the HDD one more time to get some files, but I don't have extremely important stuff that would justify spending tons of money to recover it.
>>
I put mine in the freezer for an hour or so and it would start for maybe 5-10 minutes.

Just remember to put it in a sealed plastic bag.
>>
>>61779522
>I don't have backups sadly since I was in the process of moving data and didn't bother.

That's tough and shows the importance of redundant backups.

No way to help you kid, you are on your own but thanks for creating awareness for unbacked up data!
>>
>>61779585
This was on an old harddrive, though.
>>
>>61779122
rsync
>>
>>61779585
>>61779610
It's worth a shot, worst case you'll have a cold broken hdd instead of a room temperature broken hdd.
>>
>>61779658
>>61779585
I just put it in the freezer and hopefully it will run for a short time so I can get some data.
What if it doesn't work? Is there a way to move that reading arm thing? Seems like that is the problem and causing the clicking sound.
>>
Oy Vey Fay Goldy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.