[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DON'T USE DUCKDUCKGO!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: about-duckduckgo-posterimg.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
about-duckduckgo-posterimg.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Don't use Duckduckgo. It frequently redirects news sites to Yahoo news, for instance search 'trump jobs' on Duckduckgo and click on the result for, as an example, The Independent. The result will redirect to Yahoo's stolen version of the article.
>>
>>61766207
duckduckgo was never about the search results.
>>
don't use it look up news then
>>
>>61766236
>Search engine does malicious behaviour
>just ignore that feature in particular, they certainly will never effect other components of their search engine

It's now official. Duckduckgo is worse than google. It's just a scam.
>>
>>61766229
Because they were 99% irrelevant?
>>
>>61766283
ok then use ixquick or something. it's just a search engine who gives a shit.
>>
>>61766286
I've asked you guys a million times not to exaggerate so much.
>>
>>61766315
>"""""""""""privacy"""""""""
>maliciously redirects results to yahoo
really fires the neurons
>>
>>61766207
Sounds like a bug to me.
>>
>>61766364
yes, "bug"
Let me ask them on twitter when they're going to fix this "bug"
I'm sure it will be soon!
>>
>>61766343
Try putting !g on the front of your search.
It will redirect to google.
Or use startpage or ixquick, which also redirect to google but don't understand google advanced search operaters. ..unless you go into the settings, which you will lose as soon as you clear your cache+cookies.
>>
File: laughingBlondes.jpg (226KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
laughingBlondes.jpg
226KB, 630x421px
>>61766207
>trump jobs
>>
I use DDG as my main search engine, cant say i've ever used the News tab though.
No idea if the feedback thing will ever get read, but left negative feedback saying that it was a dark pattern.
>>
>he clicks on shady clickbait links
Pay attention, idiot.
>>
>>61766399
I'm asking in IRC
>>
I've said it here before, but startpage searches using google.
If you don't know how to search using google, it probably doesn't bother you that startpage doesn't know how to search using google, either. But dont' keep telling people who d͟o know how to google to use startpage. You opinionated know-nothings.
>>
>>61766207
why would I give a flying fuck about journalists having their articles stolen. its funny if anything
>>
Gimme a sec, gonna upload a webm
>>
>>61766420
>use a search engine that isn't a botnet
>use it to directly redirect to a search engine that is a 100% fucking botnet
People that use fucking !g on DDG are fucking retarded.
>>
>>61766601
standing by
>>
why not startpage?
about 100 times better, altho kinda slower
>>
>>61766605
I've literally never done something like this before so give me 5 minutes
You could see for yourself if you want, just repeat what I did in the OP
>>
Uhh yes I will.
It took me 10 seconds to find subtitle on it and 10 minutes on google because omitted results.
>>
>>61766604
As opposed to using.......?
>>
>>61766659
Startpage
Normal Google in a VM with a SOCKS5 VPN
>>
>>61766604
>ddg
>not botnet
haha
>>
>>61766750
But what if some of the search results point to a yahoo page?
>omgBotnet
>>
>>61766750
>>61766420
>>61766508
>>
File: output.webm (2MB, 1786x924px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
2MB, 1786x924px
>>
>>61766605

oh and here's the webm
>>61766930
>>
please respond I spent like 10 minutes figuring out how to make webms
>>
>>61767032
>everything besides breitbart and trump tweets is fake news.
>>
>>61767070
Did you even read the fucking thread?
Do you even know what this is about?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>61767098
I'm not retarded enough to expect web results on the news tab.
>>
>>61766930
>A FUCKING YAHOO ICON ON THE FUCKING PANEL
>YAHOO AGGREGATES NEWS FROM OTHER SOURCES AND THAT'S WHERE "INDEPENDENT" COMES FROM
>HE STILL CLICKS ON IT AND EXPECTS ANYTHING ELSE
Are you fucking goddamn retarded?
>>
>>61767166
>AGGREGATES
you mean 'steal'?
>A YAHOO ICON ON THE FUCKING PANEL
where?
>HE STILL CLICKS ON IT AND EXPECTS ANYTHING ELSE
When I click on a result that has 'The Independent' below it, I expect to be directed to The Independent. What part of this being malicious and misleading is so hard to understand? I don't expect to have Yahoo's shitty adware plastered over it.
>>
I'm not having that problem.
>Installs a browser hijacker by downloading more ram. Blames duckduckgo. Film at eleven.
>>
DRUMPF BTFO
>>
>>61767230
I don't have the same problem with Google. Only Duckduckgo.
>>
>>61766207
You know they use Yahoo as backend, right? DDG is not a real search engine.
>>
>>61767248
Stop derailing. That chart is incredibly misleading but it's still not the topic here

>>61767271
That's no excuse, they should remove Yahoo results altogether.
>>
>>61767166
>A FUCKING YAHOO ICON ON THE FUCKING PANEL
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>61766604
have you ever used a VPN same thing. startpage uses google
>>
>>61767253
Maybe because I'm in Canada.
We still have net neutrality.
>>
>>61767302
There was more jobs growth this far into Obama's first term.
>>
>>61767226
>where
Blind and dumb.
>link at the bottom of your browser when you hover over it
Stupid, blind, and dumb.

God, kids. Please, stop using the internet. You're going to get directed to some phishing site that fucks over your life just because it said it was some trusted site. IT SAID IT WAS MY BANK, WHAT THE FUCK, I BLAME EVERYONE BUT ME

Moron.

>>61767313
See the little Y on the lower left? Also, hovering over the actual link and seeing that the target is fucking yahoo.com?

Jesus kids, learn how to use the goddamn internet, you shitcunts.
>>
>>61766207
>stolen version
they pay for it you idiot
>>
>>61767389
>opt-out adware
ah, that makes everything a lot clearer, thanks
guess duckduckgo is amazing after all
>hovering over the actual link and seeing the target is yahoo.com?
most people don't check links. They expect a site advertising privacy to not direct us to this absolute scam clusterfuck "news aggregator" at the very top of the search results misleadingly. Holy fucking shit, how can you defend this? The site warns you about youtube and other google things if it can't connect to them anonymously, but doesn't warn you about _MISLEADINGLY_ connecting you to yahoo adware, despite it being listed as from the independent at the very top section of the results?
>>
>>61767389
Oh and also, I don't see that Y at the lower left. Care to tell me where that was in the webm?
>>61766930
>>
>>61766207
This is odd. I just tried and I can't recreate it anymore but I remember having this happen just yesterday when looking up "google diversity" which brought up news articles about the anti-diversity paper from all these different news sites but all the results got me to Yahoo.
(Ironically, I can't find any articles using the same keywords either, it looks like all the articles got deleted. I do know that some articles were getting deleted as I was reading them.)
>>
File: huh.png (270KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
270KB, 1190x906px
>>61767166
>YAHOO AGGREGATES NEWS FROM OTHER SOURCES AND THAT'S WHERE "INDEPENDENT" COMES FROM

The Independent is a news site.
>>
>>61766427
It was just an example

>>61767403
I still experience Yahoo's adware unknowingly when I click on those links. What's the point of a privacy search engine, if you actively push websites that intend to track your news searches to the top? That defeats the entire purpose.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.