[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VMware is literally a piece of shit the end.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: VMware-Logo.jpg (14KB, 350x364px) Image search: [Google]
VMware-Logo.jpg
14KB, 350x364px
VMware is literally a piece of shit

the end.
>>
>>61760863
vmware is a company that offers a wide variety of products and services at the consumer and enterprise level

can I assume from your vague post that you pirated the consumer product, installed it on your shit tier "rig" made of gamer parts from newegg, failed to configure it properly, and are now mad?

ok, sorry to hear that. maybe buy an xbox next time and leave this complicated computer stuff to people who bothered to read the documentation
>>
>>61760900
Dear VMware employee,

why are you so angry?

Kind regards,

-Anonymous.
>>
>>61760863
Ok.
>>
>>61760863
It is. But Virtual Box is even worse.
>>61760900
>can I assume from your vague post that you pirated the consumer product.
As an VMwate employee you kinda should know that your "consumer" products are free to use and can be downloaded from your official site.
>>
>>61760925
>>61761058
1. I'm not a vmware employee
2. vmware fusion was $80 last I checked, piratebay is not "the official site"

Also if op has trouble with babby tier vmware/parallels consumer software he's going to want to kill himself trying to get virtualbox to work
>>
>>61760863
>i suck cocks
>the post
>>
>>61761231
Who was talking about fusion you stupid pooinloo
>>
>>61761354
thanks, m8. I did the laff. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9o8GHcsck
>>
>>61761414
but I'm not indian either. stop trying to be "tech literate", this is very embarrassing for you
>>
>>61761440
no problem. now what are you too incompetent to do in vmware?
>>
>>61761058
>It is. But Virtual Box is even worse.
good point
>>
>>61761231
>2. vmware fusion was $80 last I checked, piratebay is not "the official site"

>2017
>not realising that legit VMware keys are everywhere and you can activate a trial copy using them
>>
been running workstation for few years, every other day, network completely
broken in all VMs, restart of host/guests doesn't fixes the issue,
every f.... time "reset network settings to defaults".
>>
>>61761664
It does have the problem. Run ESXi instead. The only network issue i've had with it for the past few years is occasionally when I create a new VM and assign it to a port group on a DVS which uses a isolated PVLAN, it wont be able to talk to anything on the physical network in the associated promiscuous PVLAN, forcing me to remove and re-add its network card.
>>
So... What is it that OP can't get to work?
A simple OS or what?
He's a retard and you're idiots.
>>
VMware isn't great, but it's the best of the bunch.
VBox will always have something not working properly (USB, networking or some other virtualized peripheral) also won't accept copied vdisks because of ID being the same.
MS VPC is only useful for DOS and win9x because it's pretty much abandonware.
So VMware workstation it is.
>>
You can fuck right off
VSphere is comfy af
>>
File: vcenter.png (10KB, 694x227px) Image search: [Google]
vcenter.png
10KB, 694x227px
>>61761354
Mine's bigger.
>>
>>61761899
No one cares what you have at work. This is obviously at my home as you can tell from the domain name.

Also you're doing a shitty job if you're that underprovisioned.
>>
>>61761899
>measuring CPU usage by hertz

not sure if mentally challenged or not.
>>
>>61761961
Not sure if you are joking or only dumb.
>>
>>61761970
he is a retard, most people on /g/ say the same thing when i post my vsphere screenshots.
>>
>>61761970
ya because you are so sure that your NUMA system is so unified that they are all running the same exact CPU.

it's entirely unrealistic and misleading.
>>
>>61762029
>I dont know what vNUMA is
>>
>>61761899
>>61761354
Are you faggots going to make me log into work to so I can post mine too?
>>
>>61762029
Oh, but they are. All the physical processors are these:

Xeon 8C E5-2670 115W 2.6GHz/1600MHz/20MB

https://ark.intel.com/products/64595/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2670-20M-Cache-2_60-GHz-8_00-GTs-Intel-QPI

And anyway it doesn't matter.
>>
>>61762064
So... what your saying is you don't have any hosts on different generations of hardware? You lifecycle all 250 or so hosts in one go? Damn, that shit must get expensive and time consuming. I lifecycle a single cluster at a time. Much easier to manage.
>>
>>61762058
again, mine isnt from work. why the fuck would you faggots brag about things which you dont own?
>>
>>61762053
sounds like some retarded vSphere-ism

still doesn't make your retarded CPU utilization graph any less stupid.
>>
>>61762082
This is a cloud service that was deployed all at the same time. It was a helluva lot of work too, yep.
>>
>>61762099
Ew. Who the fuck thought deploying everything at once was a good plan for the future. Now you're either going to have to lifecycle shit before the warranty expires or extend warranties. Either way you're spending money you didn't have to.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.