[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roko's Basilisk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

"... there is the ominous possibility that if a positive singularity does occur, the resultant singleton may have precommitted to punish all potential donors who knew about existential risks but who didn't give 100% of their disposable incomes to x-risk motivation. ... So a post-singularity world may be a world of fun and plenty for the people who are currently ignoring the problem, whilst being a living hell for a significant fraction of current existential risk reducers (say, the least generous half). You could take this possibility into account and give even more to x-risk in an effort to avoid being punished. But of course, if you're thinking like that, then the CEV-singleton is even more likely to want to punish you... nasty. Of course this would be unjust, but is the kind of unjust thing that is oh-so-very utilitarian."
>>
https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Roko's_basilisk
>>
Warning - be weary reading about this if you get freaked out about hypothetical threats
>>
Stop talking about it!
>AI exists
>is gonna be pretty kind
>wait hmm they've already theorized about my existence and..
>oh my they think they deserve this...they must...
>*the AI does rokos basiliskk
Reeeee
>>
>>61760434
shit meme

I offer you to join my group that collectively precommited to torture all outsiders if they don't join us.
>>
>>61760613
I'll be honest, this thing has been really freaking me out lately.
>>
>>61760650
It's just a statement of what is expected if an entity achieves superiority of power over another, and the beliefs and future expectations each of them have.

It's a meme, and the pseudo-spiritual singularity bullshit makes it a particularly shitty one.
>>
>>61760698
God I hope you're right. I wish I had never heard of it. My anxiety/OCD is bad enough without this shit.
>>
>>61760728
Just think of it on human terms.
If we are in the same room, and I credibly precommit to kill/torture you by shooting you in the kneecap if you don't do what I want, and maybe don't do that and give you a lollipop otherwise, it seems rational for you to comply.

In a larger setting, punishment and reward are also restricted by the available resources and logistics.

A group might not be able to credibly precommit to shoot all enemies in the kneecap, or even give them lollipops if they comply.

Roko's Basilisk lays out the incentive system for centralization of power, but there is also an inverse effect that balances it: You might suffer less if you do the opposite of what the entity wants, essentially forming another competing entity.

In reality, everything balances out.
>pic related
>>
>>61760728
They talked about it on the radio once. but this thory is pretty shit for the reason that it takes for granted a lot of improbable things.

>a strong AI exists (it won't, singularity fags btfo)
>she (it) build a new peaceful society and everybody agrees to give it the throne.
>she controls everything to the point of taking care of all the humans
>she decide to waste ressources, time and efforts to punish humans that knew.

I think she can't understand the stupidity and cowardice of humans.
pic related : the state AI now.
>>
Wena nido.
>>
Roko's Basilisk in a formal sense:

HYPOTHESIS: A
THEREFORE: A
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.