[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 60

File: 1483679923921.jpg (97KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483679923921.jpg
97KB, 800x1000px
Stupid Questions Thread.
Not halal or kosher.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>61760452
Hudson Leick.
Learn how to reverse search.
>>
what happened to dwight?
>>
>>61760452
It's a good start to a thread for stupid questions.
>>
What's up with Xena images on sqt lately?
>>
best android emulator for pc? Heard good things about andy, so im kinda leaning towards that
>>
>>61760522
Dilduino.
>>
>>61760502
this
also why the antisemitism
>>
File: really makes me think.png (9KB, 620x128px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me think.png
9KB, 620x128px
>>61760532
>first result
>>
>>61760522
geanymotion
>>
My Galaxy S8's mic isn't functioning properly. When I use Messenger to send voice messages, it doesn't register my voice or anything. Only static. Google app doesn't hear me, nor does Samsung notes. Funny enough when make videos on my S8, it hears me as clear as day. Any ideas /g/?
>>
I would like to have a home server. What kind of hardware should I look for ? I have read a few anons talking about hpe gen8 being good. Is there any recent hardware similar ? Or should I take a ryzen 3 and built one myself ? I got a 600€ budget.
>>
>>61760569
*genymotion
>>
Best way to encode gifs properly?
I'm using ffmpeg but it outputs quite huge gifs and generating a palette each time is quite annoying.
>>
File: IMG_20160718_161505.jpg (348KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160718_161505.jpg
348KB, 1680x945px
>>61760430
anyone using the amazon fire tv stick to stream with Kodi ? would rec ?
>>
>>61760557
He is right tho
>>
Is there any free good media server that have webui other than plex?
>>
File: 1497776754561.jpg (27KB, 480x409px) Image search: [Google]
1497776754561.jpg
27KB, 480x409px
My school email is some shitty outlook express account. It's impossible to get it to forward emails to my real email. Is there any way some email client can resolve the matter?
>>
How do you fix the qbittorrent search function?
no matter what i search, i rarely get any results, and even when i do they're super obscure and irrelevant
i tried updating the plugins and they're all good
cant seem to figure out whats going wrong here
>>
Chink lightning cables, do they work?
>>
>>61760570
Bixby seems to work as well... This bug is weird af.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
I've been here since 2008
For good or for bad, It's clear I'm here for ever...

I want to make a name for myself, and become a tripfag.

Is there any GPGPU tripcode brute force finder?

Are trip codes board static, or are they salted per board?
>>
>>61760430
kankerkneus met je kanker OP
>>
>>61760430
Oh shit is she the blonde chick from Xena?
>>
>MPC-HC
>don't play low quality avi video file
>game is smooth as butter
>play low quality avi video file
>game drops frames
it even fucks with my input

trying with VLC now and it seems less noticable but still there

my hardware is more than capable of handling what i throw at it

so what's the problem
>>
Is hosting your own email server a viable option, and if so, how do I get started? I already have an i5 3570 I use as a plex media server, could I use that?
>>
>>61761469
get a domain (technically optional, but you will probably want one), learn how to setup postfix/dovecot or whatever other mail server you want to use
you can make a mail server out of basically anything, raspberry pi, a 25 year old pentium shitbox, old android cellphone, you name it
>>
In mpv, when you pass a few arguments that are filenames to static images, each image is displayed with a delay before displaying the next one.

Is there a way to configure this delay?
>>
>>61761469
you are in the wrong neighbourhood, hillary
>>
>>61761298
Upload the file, I'll take a look at it. Otherwise, try with mpv.
>>
>>61761550
hillaryous
>>
File: 1502021306945.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502021306945.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>61760430

continuing from last thread;
>>61756330

https://github.com/lesspass/core/blob/master/dist/lesspass.js#L2238

Can somebody explain what he is doing whenever a specific template for example only letters is passed, what does he do to the pbkdf generated not allowed characters?

------------------------------------

Anon said the password is being generated until it reaches the length - but how really (since it cant be just random) and what is the pbkdf for?
>>
File: 1501964277994.png (7KB, 400x60px) Image search: [Google]
1501964277994.png
7KB, 400x60px
>>61760430
Why does my windows guest under proxmox show the real RAM usage thanks to virtio, but fails to free RAM to the host system? since if I htop I see constantly the full max RAM being reserved.
>>
File: 1501964341219.png (12KB, 670x155px) Image search: [Google]
1501964341219.png
12KB, 670x155px
>>61760430
Is there any way to import all torznab links with categories directly to sonarr? or do I really have to go through like 40 links manually?
>>
>>61760430
I want to install GNU+Linux on my laptop and I was thinking about Ubuntu, but from what I read the next version will be using Wayland and it seems like it's a clusterfuck with proprietary nVidia drivers so does that mean I will not be able to use my graphics card properly and will be forced to use the integrated one?
>>
>>61762066
It means they'll probably get it fixed by the time the next version is out.

Anyway, not like you'll be using your card for much in a laptop.
>>
>>61761469
>Is hosting your own email server a viable option, and if so, how do I get started?
Yeah, but it can be a little labor intensive depending on what you want to support.

>I already have an i5 3570 I use as a plex media server, could I use that?
No, your home Internet connection doesn't have good enough availability. You would want to set up a little $5/mo VPS somewhere and do the postfix/exim + dovecot thing with SSL certs from Let's Encrypt.

Two things I learned doing mine are outgoing email from your_domain needs to be sent from your_domain's SMTP server, and don't even think about delivering mail to local user accounts on the VPS. Just make all the mail users virtual and forward local accounts in /etc/aliases.
>>
>>61761298
Multiple programs using the GPU? Try playing your video in software rendering mode
>>
>>61762066
Wayland may be the default, but they're going to have a fallback X session for a long time.
>>
I can't drag and drop tabs anymore after the recent Nightly update, what do?
>>
pls i need to know this
>>61761205
>>
>write program
>compile it, generating an executable
>run it
>it takes forever (like 2-3 hours)
>meanwhile make some changes to the code
I am here
>compile it again (while it's still running)
>???

This should be fine, right? The running program is already loaded in RAM (it's a relatively simple thing so assume no weird stuff like dynamically loaded libraries/assests and shit), so if I recompile to re-generate the executable, nothing should happen to the running process, and then I can run the new version while the old one is still running, right?
>>
>>61760580
Literally buy a Raspberry Pi, set up ssh and what you wanna host, then throw it into a corner with a power socket and forget about it
>>
>>61762523
If you're paranoid then just by a licence, I really didn't read anything that convinced me, they're just recommend by so many people. and I know a lot of people who have used them that have never had an issue.
>>
Can anyone recommend any good EU-based refurb retailers, preferably some with Thinkpads in stock? Been looking for a T420 for two weeks now but /tpg/ couldn't help and Ebay failed me
>>
Can anyone recommend me a fre vpn which doesn't have data cap per day ?
>>
>>61762621
I think the executable file will be locked to prevent you overwrite it, then the 2nd compiled exe can't replace the older one while it's running
>>
>>61763285
That makes sense, I'll test it once it has finished its run to confirm.

For now I just compiled it to "executable2"
>>
what worthwhile does photoshop cc 2017 has over cs3? i dont like how they started using their own window design from cs4
>>
File: if gamergater.png (151KB, 766x664px) Image search: [Google]
if gamergater.png
151KB, 766x664px
How much is a Xeon E3-1230v2 worth?
>>
what if I [spoiler]vape[/spoiler] by my pc?
>>
>>61763628
About 325 new but I've seen some used for about 70-100.
>>
My brother installed some unknown software and it installed multiple malware with it.
I ran Malwarebytes, adwcleaner and roguekilller antimalware and they all deleted multiple infected files.
Im still seeing cmd randomly opening and closing and i think it is still there, what more can i do to remove it ?
>>
>>61761118
If you mean Callisto, yes. She was portrayed by Hudson Leick.
If you mean Gabrielle, Xena's clumsy friend, no. She was portrayed by Renee O'Connor.
>>
Why is javascript considered a meme language here when it literally powers the internet?
>>
>>61763919
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

run it as administrator
in options hide microsoft stuff
re-run scan
go see whats being automaticly started after boot

also Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup is one of the good ones

but reinstall is only thing that gives peace of mind
>>
>>61763800
It will get the autism
>>
>>61764020
it has its quirks and shortcomings
it also transitioned in to desktop world where it should not
and its extremely popular
everything thats popular is hated
>>
>>61764039
Thanks i will try
>>
>>61760430
What is the best codecs to watch animu. I'm probably running some old ass CCCP stuff but it's been giving me issues lately. Like the entire screen would freeze for a second when opening a new video.
>>
Bought a nearly new Verizon Galaxy S6 from a friend of a friend for $150. He said it was unlocked.

I have AT&T. I thought I could just slip an AT&T SIM in and it would work. But I took it to the AT&T store and the guy put a new one in and said it's not working. I come home and realize that I can make phone calls but no LTE.

So looking at forums and stuff some people ate saying it has different bands and it wont get LTE, others are saying all verizon phones are unlocked out of the box, some say you need to mess with the APN settings.

Is there a way to make it work?

TL;DR. Verizon "unlocked" phone with AT&T chip: how do i make it work with LTE and not just calling?
>>
>>61764570
you might not have the supported bands for lte on gsm
>>
>>61764648
So... I should try to get my money back
>>
facebook question(s)

some random girl added me a while ago but i didn't respond to her friend request

how does it work when she seemingly has only a dozen friends but hundreds of followers? where did all the followers come from? are there hidden friends? it's not the thing where it only shows mutual friends, i'm not friends with any of her friends

<blog>
she literally wrote in a public post that she's looking for a boyfriend so i'm hesitant to accept her request in case she's going to try and chat me up... she's not bad looking but she's not my ideal type and i don't want to spend time dealing with girls and pretending to be a normie
</blog>
>>
whaz?
>>
>>61764712
it's a fake
probably some poor asian kid with no future that wants to use you to get a visa/passport/marriage
>>
>>61764735
ok yeah it seems to be a fake profile. thanks anon
>>
why do some sata to usb cables have an extra male usb plug for power? is it for 3.5 in hard drives? the one i currently have works fine without it
>>
File: skype.png (17KB, 785x524px) Image search: [Google]
skype.png
17KB, 785x524px
I've never used Skype before but now I have to because of an upcoming job interview.

I have to pay for this shit? I thought it was free.
>>
>>61764928
Skype is free for voice and video calling over internet, Skype credit is for sending text messages and calling phone numbers
>>
>>61764905
it's for 2,5 inch drives of which 1 USB port doesn't supply enough power (this happens with some USB ports)
3,5 inch drives always require external power
>>
File: skype2.png (17KB, 1192x553px) Image search: [Google]
skype2.png
17KB, 1192x553px
>>61764949
thanks dude. im probably coming off extremely stupid, but how do I use the free part then? Seems the only available option is the Call button which presents me with the credit error
>>
File: asd.png (7KB, 673x72px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
7KB, 673x72px
Can an office file really contain a virus?
>>
>>61765137
>what are VBA macros
I mean theoretically there's supposed to be sandboxing and protections in place, but microsoft doesn't exactly have the best track record in security, so better safe than sorry.
>>
Is there any mirror of plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib somewhere?
>>
>>61760430
Whats a good desk chair in general for around $200-$300? Don't even care if it's one of the racing ones.
>>
What's a nice cheap tablet I can read manga and watch some Hentai on?
>>
>>61765026
Top left, click the Plus and add someone, then you can call/text them
>>
decent low end tablets?
>>
>>61765334
is there a way for me to test it internally? when I do that and add myself I am still presented with the Credits option when attempted to call using the top right button
>>
>>61765137
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_virus
>>
So I woke up, turned my computer on, and the audio decided it doesn't want to work. It's happened before but I can't remember how I fixed it.

I'm on Windows 7 using my old TV as a secondary monitor and also for audio. The HDMI cable itself is clearly working as the TV is turned on and I'm using it right now, it isn't muted, the volume isn't turned down on the TV itself or in my system's settings, it's set to the default playback device and of course enabled because it was working yesterday, and when running the audio playback troubleshooter it claims it isn't plugged in. I've tried unplugging the HDMI cable and putting it back in, restarting the computer, and disabling the device and re-enabling it. The results I'm getting from googling it aren't exactly helpful (e.g. "make sure you enable the device! :-) ") What else is there for me to try?
>>
>>61760430
i was fucking around with making partitions and installing distros on my SSD and now everything thinks it's 230 GB not 250. parted, fdisk, everything wtf happened to my 20 GB and how do I get it back??
>>
>>61765997
You probably made a partition sized 230GiB, formatted it, then deleted the partition somehow and made a new 250GiB one without formatting it again.
Just format the partition and you should be good.
>>
I just downloaded these

MS Toolkit
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483
https://pastebin.com/raw/ELUQdsvx

The sha1 checkes out, are the sources 'safeish'? am I ready for the windows 10 LTSB meme? I know I'll be taking something up the ass but I would rather it be from microsoft then some ransomware from some unknown hacker.
>>
Im a pleb from /v/ who likes playing videogames. I always wanted to build a top of the line rig and I just got my first ever paycheck (was a NEET for a long time).

Is £500 good value for a GTX1080? Americans keep in mind that everything is really expensive here in the UK
>>
>>61760595
Anyone?
>>
>>61766271
that's not bad. I mean it's a good card and will be bound to get a solid 3+ years before something else worth it comes out.
>>
File: skype-screenshot-03.png (131KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
skype-screenshot-03.png
131KB, 959x721px
>>61765648
Add someone else? When you add someone there will be buttons at the top to call them
>>
What's the best distro to learn how to use linux?
Any good manuals?
>>
so is the threadripper true baller or is it all just hype?
>>
>>61766337
Thanks
>>
>>61766341
Mint or any Ubuntu flavor.
Lurking the forums is usually a good idea to resolve a particular problem. Also if you want help about a specific command, use
man command
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-06-12-42-10.png (684KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-06-12-42-10.png
684KB, 720x1280px
Does anybody know what Twitter app is this? I tried a few ones and none look like that
>>
>>61766342
Looks to be true baller. 4.0 GHz on all 16 cores is insane. And with how good the ryzen cpus have been it should be good.
>>
whats a good program for RSS feeds
>>
When buying a 2nd hand laptop do you go for

Grade A 1366x768
or
Grade B 1600x900
>>
What the fuck? I was going to use the tablet input panel but it isn't showing up in the start menu. The math input panel is showing up but not the tablet one. Googling tells me to enable the tablet PC components option in the Windows features but it's already enabled. If I'm remembering right, it would open up automatically with my old tablet so I thought plugging in my current one would maybe somehow make it open or at least show up in the start menu again but it doesn't look like it.

What should I do? Reinstalling the tablet drivers likely won't do anything as this is an issue with Windows. Also, I'm running 7.
>>
>>61763285
that only happens on windows
>>
>>61765648
that's what "sound test service" is for
it's free to call other skype users, not real phones
>>
>>61762066
Imma go ahead and guess if the installation usb/cd werks ok, it will probably work when installed.
>>
>>61765282
a used high end office chair that has all the fancy ergonomics features. for convenience there are places that hoard them or you can look in thrift stores but you'd need some luck to find the best deal. you might need to replace the gas lift but you can get a new one for $10-20.
>>
Is there a better/faster way to do it?
std::string fileName = "file.bro";
std::string fileName("file.bro");
other_way_here
>>
>>61766832
constexpr auto fileName = "file.bro";
>>
File: 81g7AiqWrtL._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 1500x1013px) Image search: [Google]
81g7AiqWrtL._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 1500x1013px
My folks surprised me with this laptop.
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Helios-GeForce-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C
Is there anyway to fix the battery life or should I just return it?
>>
>>61765728
I forgot about reinstalling drivers, so I gave that a go and that didn't change anything.
>>
just installed windows 10 on my gaming pc
>inb4 install loonex
and i want to optimize it a bit i've already installed the latest drivers for my parts, installed all updates/dx12, and disabled search indexing, any programs/regkey edits i should know about to disable some of the botnet for performance?
>>
is there an idiots guide to kicad on linux? I'm following a youtube tutorial but libraries are missing.
>>
>>61766832
using namespace std::string_view_literals;

constexpr std::string_view fileName = "hello, world"sv;

C++17
>>
>>61767374
Botnet is mostly turned off by hand. Just poke around the settings. While you're there make sure you check the Windows Defender schedule to keep it from scanning while you play.

Where you might find a script or something handy would be for disabling unnecessary services. Black Viper has you covered there as usual.
>>
>>61766963
its a gaming laptop, 7 hours is about par for battery life.
>>
Is a high end IPS monitor going to beat a Sony FW900 by pretty much every metric?
>>
>>61767685
speaking of, what does /g/ think about VA displays?
>>
A folder just got deleted randomly yesterday.
It had other subfolders and all had pics in it.
I opened one of the subfolders content with the 'photos' w10 image viewer and clicked right arrow very fast to go through them quickly.
I noticed they got pixely and then the app just said this pic may have been moved to another location.
I try to open the folder again and poof gone.
I didnt press anything beside the arrow key so I couldnt have deleted it.
Nothing in the recycling bin.
No results found when searching with 'everything' app so I guess it's not hidden.
What can this mean? Can i get them back? If no how do i stop it from happening again? Is it my hdd failing? my pc is only 1 year old so it shouldn't be
Are there any recovery tools or something I could try using?
>>
>>61767789
recuva
>>
>>61767685
FW900 will still win for response time, input lag, contrast ratio in a dark room.

>>61767716
Compared to IPS, better contrast, worse viewing angles, worse response time.
>>
>>61767810
forgot to mention
already tried that nothing really showed up only like 2 pics and the names were different idk how or why
>>
Some C# tip needed here:

Just want to make the mouse go to a specific position and click left mousebutton.

after 5 sec repeat the click.

I don't know how to do that.
Using Visual Studio
>>
I own a Acer 3680 and I was wondering if I could upgrade the processor to a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400.
>>
File: g.jpg (88KB, 819x477px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
88KB, 819x477px
Is there any point upgrading my GTX 680, or is my i5 3450 going to bottleneck a new GPU anyway?
>>
>>61768040
What were you planning to upgrade to?
>>
File: ggg.jpg (68KB, 516x400px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.jpg
68KB, 516x400px
>>61768054
Just a tier up I guess, sell the 680 and get something off eBay, nothing huge

Dishonored 2 runs like shit and I'm starting to stretch it on general AAA games, but I'm wondering if the CPU is as much of an issue at this stage. I always go for budget / performance on CPU's
>>
File: mednafenh.png (44KB, 543x345px) Image search: [Google]
mednafenh.png
44KB, 543x345px
Mednafen isn't installing on Linux, don't know what to do. Pic related is the end of the terminal message after I type "./configure"
>>
File: xcusemoi_are_u_an_apple.jpg (466KB, 1507x1423px) Image search: [Google]
xcusemoi_are_u_an_apple.jpg
466KB, 1507x1423px
Where the fuck does mpv save screenshots when streaming from Youtube?
Didn't find them on the Desktop like other sites suggested.
Using Mint btw.
>>
>>61768107
Also, is there a command to update Mednafen from an earlier version into a newer one?
>>
Are mobile APUs still relevant? What laptop with one could I get for 200-400EUR?
>>
I live in a country. When I use Google, it's the Google of this country and with this country's results even if I type in English. When I use YouTube, I see YouTube suggestions of this country. You know, that kind of thing. Is there a way to get around this WITHOUT A VPN? I would like to use the American standard but I wonder if it's possible without a paid VPN.
>>
I have two extra sd cards 32 gb.

What do?
Rpi? Ip camera?
>>
>>61767680
Oh, for some reason I thought it was shorter than that.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
>>
>>61768230
There should be a button in the bottom right corner to use the english version of google.
You can also use encrypted.google.com to get non-localized results.

Not sure about youtube, I usually just google for videos.
>>
I installed Linux Mint 18 and updated. Now I can't connect to wifi, no networks pop up at all I'm assuming I'm missing a driver, any help /g/?
>>
Best website for temporary storage when changing PCs / operating systems without having to sign up for anything? Thank you.
>>
>>61768136

Nevermind, created a config file with a specified folder.
>>
>>61768316
an external hdd
>>
>>61761102
kys yourself
>>
>>61768107
You've got no C++ compiler. Type g++ into the terminal just to be sure but this is probably your issue. Try installing g++ with your package manager.
>>
>>61768374
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have an external HDD.
>>
File: 1498786367421.jpg (78KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498786367421.jpg
78KB, 1080x1080px
Anyone know where i can get a keyloader like dazloader for windows 10 i want to install windows 10 pro enterprise ltsb.
>>
>>61768340
wouldn't it be easier to set it in the gui
>>
>>61768107
you're missing a compiler, notice how it checks for a bunch of them and fails to find any
>>
just accidentally deleted some pics, how do i recover?
on linux, ssd if that matters.
>>
>>61768384
>>61768520

Yeah I thought of this but thought I'd used it before, which I did, just not on this computer. Thanks.
But now I get this:

>configure: error: *** libsndfile >= 1.0.2 not found!

But I can't install libsndfile for some reason.
>>
>>61768570
What's your distro?
>>
>>61768782
Mint 18.2
>>
>>61768813
Try compiling libsndfile?
>>
How do I hide the title bar when using tree style tabs in Firefox?
I'm a retarded winbaby (if it matters, there could be some add-on that, I just can't find it).
>>
File: 08124517764l.jpg (47KB, 322x242px) Image search: [Google]
08124517764l.jpg
47KB, 322x242px
Will the Corsair H100i (1st gen) AM3 bracket simply fit on the Asus Crosshair VI hero AM4 mount ?
>>
>>61769226
It uses those AM3 clips right? If so it will, I think that Crosshair VI even has both AM4 and AM3 holes for screws
>>
>>61769251
Yeah I will be using the clips just making sure,
I have everything I need just waiting on the cpu to arrive, going from fx 9370 in the Crosshair V formula z to the CH VI Hero with R7 1700
>>
>>61768813
have you installed build-essential?
gcc?
>>
File: screenshot000.png (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot000.png
152KB, 1920x1080px
I cannot for the life of me get Ares Wizard to run. I keep uninstalling/purging then reinstalling kodi but no dice
>>
File: mx518.jpg (250KB, 1500x1364px) Image search: [Google]
mx518.jpg
250KB, 1500x1364px
I want to take apart my logitech mx518 and clean it. Is it ok to use 70% isopropyl alcy and q-tips to clean it? I'm just going to take it apart any clean any dirt/residue I see.
>>
>>61769405
You'll be fine I did it with my logitech g500s
>>
>>61768160
Assuming you mean only AMD, If you don't mind the pretty slow CPU performance and meh efficiency they're alright. Zen based APUs expected some time late this year-early next year will be much better.
>>
File: kodi.png (7KB, 203x69px) Image search: [Google]
kodi.png
7KB, 203x69px
is kodi a meme? do you guys use it? I wanna be able to just stream stuff off my Windows desktop to other desktops on my LAN. How does it work. Essentially just redpill me on it.
>>
File: cat rar.jpg (24KB, 460x373px) Image search: [Google]
cat rar.jpg
24KB, 460x373px
what are the most common archives

rar
zip
7zip
tar

correct? is something else popular enough to notice?
I am not choosing, just doing some stuff and want to distinguish archives by their mime type
>>
>>61769683
I use it all the time on my raspberry pi
It was really easy to set up, only had to manually add one adon repository, install some shit and I was done. The movies and series are well seeded and never had any troubles buffering or finding dead links
I can easily control it since my computer or my cellphone as long as they're on the same wifi
>>
>>61769117
It didn't work. It gave me a bunch of errors.

>>61769366
I've installed both and it still doesn't work. libsndfile tells me it can't find libogg, libflacc, and libvorbis, even though I have them all installed.
>>
>>61769683
>is kodi a meme?
no
>do you guys use it?
used to, to watch game of thrones live on sky atlantic
but kodi turned in to whack a mole with pirated streams, one day you have it, other day you dont, meh

>I wanna be able to just stream stuff off my Windows desktop to other desktops on my LAN.
why not just share the file for other PC to play it?
>>
Any alternative to Self-Destructing Cookies in Firefox (Nightly)?
The developer said he is not updating it to the new WebExtension thing.
>>
>>61769712
You have to supply it with music/videos, right? Will it pull some shit if it finds out it's been pirated or anything.
>>
Is there anyway to make Dashchan remember the position I left the thread?
>>
>>61769740
You can do that, or you can do what I do and stream everything via torrents.
I don't have any media on my raspi, I just stream everything.
You could also set up your own script to pirate things automatically and stream them locally if you want, but I find it's easier to just stream the torrent as it downloads
>>
>>61769705
Those are the most common ones. Keep in mind that tar is usually compressed with gzip, bzip2, xz or something else which will change its mime type.
>>
>>61769832
actually I just checked, and both bz2 and gz returns mimetype `application/x-tar`
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>61760452
She has aged pretty well
>>
>>61769738
Downgrade.
>>
>>61769874
It doesn't for me
% file --mime-type test.tar.gz  
test.tar.gz: application/x-gzip

Are you sure they're compressed and don't just have a different file extension?
>>
Is installing windows 7 on a ssd any different from a hdd?
>>
>>61769980
zero difference
>>
>>61769980
as in the process of installing it? no, not at all
>>
File: 1502059948.png (37KB, 444x371px) Image search: [Google]
1502059948.png
37KB, 444x371px
>>61769918
well I use python function that just guesses by the file name, its quick
mimetypes.guess_type()
>>
File: zzz.png (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.png
67KB, 800x600px
>>61770051
>>61769918
fuck wrong pic
>>
Can i use my phone as an external camera using a USB cable?
>>
Is there a Firefox Add-On that will download all images on a page where the links go to an individual page and not the .jpg?
>>
>>61770051
then you're not getting the true mimetype, just a guessed/assumed one
the file could be anything if you're only going off the filename
sometimes this is enough, but you really should only do this when the filenames are all you have to work with
>>
>>61770051
Well, that's just a guess. It doesn't even read the file. And it does return the compression format as the second element of the tuple.
>>> mimetypes.guess_type('test.tar.gz')
('application/x-tar', 'gzip')

Still, the correct mime-type is application/x-gzip and if you read a file instead of guessing, that's what you'll get.
>>
File: ddddddddddddd.jpg (19KB, 228x220px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddddddddd.jpg
19KB, 228x220px
I love Vivaldi but does anyone know why it puts a random d in front of search suggestions???
>>
Router died. What's a good basic router?
>>
>>61770377
it's giving you the d
>>
why can't iphone play webm?
>>
I have an HP pavilion 17 laptop, my fan is breaking and want a replacement. What should I think about when looking for a replacement, or does anyone have a good one to recommend?
>>
>>61770377
First letter of the name of the search engine.
Google would give you g, bing b, etc.
>>
>>61769764
Install clover
>>
>>61770515
you disasemble the notebook to get look at your fan
then exact model number write in to ebay or aliexpress
>>
>>61770377
D stands for DuckDuckGo, as well G for Google B for Bing and so on...
>>
File: its come to this.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
its come to this.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>>61770520
I thought that but for some reason wouldn't accept it. I'm a tard.
>>
As I roll dice, does my chance of rolling a specific value increase as I continue to roll?

e.g. I have not rolled a 6 in 10 throws. Does the chance of throwing a 6 increase as I continue rolling?
>>
>>61770667
The probability is exactly the same each time.
>>
>>61770667
no, a perfectly fair die with perfectly fair rolls have equal chance of getting any number on every roll
>>
okay i give up. how do i make it so i3 launches rxvt white on black instead of black on white

im edgy.
>>
>>61770751
forgot to mention I'm debian based, which is making this a pain for online support.
>>
>>61761102
https://github.com/meriken/merikens-tripcode-engine-v3
>>
i installed gmer, and i dont know how to read my results, i emailed them but no response, i compared my results to their websites but i still dont want to fuck up my computer. are their examples the only thing that can happen to my comp? if its not theirs then is my comp ok?
>>
>>61770706
>>61770716
Thank you for your answer. However, I would question how the inverse could be described.

For example, perhaps I roll red on a roulette table 15 times in a row - is the chance of rolling black increasing as I progress? It becomes progressively unlikely that I would continue to roll Red, or not roll some value which is possible but seemingly not occurring. Surely, there is a probabilistic rule or equation that describes how sequential rolling changes the odds of specific values in the set of available outcomes?

Just as rolling a 6 many times in a row is unlikely, is it not the case that failing to roll some available value in the set of outcomes shrinks in probability as we continue rolling?
>>
How much did the introduction of "new login from X device" hurt hackers?
>>
>>61770801
Set in .Xdefaults the colors you want
>>
>>61770894
rolling red 15 times in a row IS unlikely, BUT, that does NOT alter the chances of it being red or black on subsequent rolls
you're quite literally describing Gamblers Fallacy
>>
File: 1392686597089.png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1392686597089.png
136KB, 250x250px
My dad is trying to use his galaxy s3 as a bluetooth pmp player, and when I tested the bluetooth everything was fucking hunky dory super awesome and whenever he tries it it cuts out too much. Does bluetooth get fucked up transmitting through your body that goddamn much? It happens with any bluetooth headset he tries.
>>
>>61770945
>pmp player
shit.
>>
What's stopping me from blocking Windows 10 from phoning home when I use my router to block it. Can a router do that? It has DD-wrt installed.
>>
>>61770894
In each individual roll, there is one of two outcomes that will occur. Each time. That does not change just because you decide to roll again. If you bet on red, exactly half of the outcomes are red. Again, this does not change, regardless. It is unlikely that you get red 6 times in a row, but each individual roll is 50/50.
>>
>>61770987
>Whats stoppin me
Nothing.
>>
>>61760570
Stop using voice message you gay fuck if you want to hear a voice it's called a phone call
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (355KB, 485x359px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
355KB, 485x359px
Why can't I get the brightness buttons working on this memepad x220?
I've tried defining custom acpi event handlers but that didn't work.
>>
Is there any high refresh rate content besides games? I know Ang Lee made that one movie in 120fps but as far as I can tell it's impossible to watch it in its native form, even the UHD Bluray is only 60p, which is still cool though.
>>
>>61771097
xkeybind
>>
>>61771097
On arch linux btw sorry I am le tired
>>
File: algo.jpg (30KB, 361x499px) Image search: [Google]
algo.jpg
30KB, 361x499px
i've already studied programming superficially, few languages, now I want to actually seriously learn C. thing is I am a bit of a brainlet, is it a good idea to start at pic related and then move to a C book? if so, which? (heard that K&R might not be the best for beginners)
>>
>>61771115
couldn't find it in the official arch repos. I don't wanna go to AUR for this really basic shit
>>
>>61771146
>I don't wanna go to AUR for this really basic shit
Could you be more autistic?
>>
>>61771185
I just don't want unmaintained junk in my git folder for something that should work out the box
>>
>>61769683
I use it for local media playback and as a DLNA server, works pretty nicely.
>>
File: WD_MyBook_300x300_box.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
WD_MyBook_300x300_box.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>61760430
Anyone had any luck swapping PCB from external hard disk? I have this version of My Book that's unreadable and when I searching the internet swapping PCB could made the disk readable again?
>>
>>61770894
>Just as rolling a 6 many times in a row is unlikely
you need to keep in mind that while 6 of the same is quite unlikely, the likelyhood of any other possible combination is equally likely

the human mind loves patterns, you're drawn to them whether you know it or not, getting pleasing dice roll patterns like "666666" or "123456" stand out, but they're no more special than "162513" or "251233", all of these are just as likely as one another
>>
>>61771256
Then learn how to do it properly with just acpi calls.
Or dont be autistic and spend 2 minutes configuring xbindkeys and move on with your life

Its not fucking unmaintained and its in community you fucking retard, you cant even read, no wonder you've failed thus far
>>
>>61769683

Use Samba.

Works flawlessly. Also Android can connect to it.
>>
>>61771297
tried acpi, didn't work. the other poster said xkeybind instead of xbindkeys which was some crappy github project. cool your jets buster :)
>>
>>61771265
Just buy any external case and put the HDD in there.
>>
I know there are some mechanical pencil autists on here. Give me one decent, durable mechanical pencil that I can use for next semester.
>>
File: th.jpe.jpg (9KB, 364x171px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpe.jpg
9KB, 364x171px
>>61771391
many modern prebuilt external hdd's actually use usb as the internal interface
>>
>>61771472
Disgusting
>>
what can go wrong if I underclock my CPU to diminish heat?
>>
>>61771414
The 5 pack for like $2.00 at walmart.
That same pack lasted me from middle school to graduating high school.Just never lend them to niggers or spics
thats all ya need
>>
>>61771414
you need 2-3 in case one breaks
>>
I got a thinkpad x120e with an AMD E-350 APU, 1.6Ghz. What distro should I use? I think it'll take a while to do compiling on this.
>>
I have a link to an image on 4chan, how can I find out what thread it was posted in? All I know is that it was posted on /r/ from google reverse image search so I'm looking for the source.
>>
File: TheGreatMemeWar-MemeTeam.png (549KB, 800x824px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatMemeWar-MemeTeam.png
549KB, 800x824px
Will Kodi have anything to do with piracy? Just trying not to get caught with like 2.5TB of Shows and Movies
>>
Is it possible to place a virus into Wolf Rpg's .wolf files?
>>
File: fbi.png (77KB, 980x266px) Image search: [Google]
fbi.png
77KB, 980x266px
>>61771936
>>
>>61771936
>Will Kodi have anything to do with piracy?
What? Ask a useful question.
>>
>>61772021
Will it report me?
>>
>>61772048
No, kodi will not. It's just a program, and while they're not exactly thrilled that unofficial addons are what they're famous for, they don't do anything to stop them. As long as you don't use any torrenting addons you're good.
>>
File: 8p9egSh.jpg (1MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
8p9egSh.jpg
1MB, 3000x4000px
hey /g/, I noticed that sometimes people post unrelated but interesting images along with their questions. can someone dump some of these pics? tia
>>
File: 1475298267136.png (325KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1475298267136.png
325KB, 640x427px
>>61772199
That's cheating. If you want to image board, you'll have to do like the rest of us and lurk like a motherfucker. Or at least google shit. On an unrelated note, the Vaio logo represents analog and digital.
>>
>>61772199
>>>/b/
>>
are thinkpads gay? Is newegg refurbished thunkpad ($300) a good? If thinkpads are a gay meme, what else do I get 14" and doesn't have a hard drive
>>
>>61772199
>no results on reverse image search
That's worrying

She got lewded didn't she
>>
Why does Firefox have a "close tabs to the right" but not a "close tabs to the left"? What if I want to close the tabs to the left? Am I just FUCKING FUCKED??
>>
>>61772394
Why are you closing tabs? Just reuse them
>>
File: pcb705094001.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pcb705094001.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>61771391
>>61771472
It's the older model, but what I mean it came with this PCB that also act as an encryption. So even when I connected the hard disk with computer, I need to format it before I could use it. I was wondering whether I could save the data by just swapping this PCB.
>>
>>61772465
if it does encryption on that board, then you're probably fucked
if you're able to extract the key from one of those EEPROMs, you could write it onto a new board, but you can't do shit without the original key
they key might instead be stored in a reserved space on the hdd, in which case a new board might just werk
>>
>>61760546
wrong board for this question. but it IS a stupid question.
>>
>>61760430
how is she so perfect bros
>>
Can anybody else confirm when using firefox if you are watching a youtube video and you drag the tab off to a new window it turns ublock off? Is this a ublock problem or a firefox problem?
>>
>>61772537
she killed everyone who thought otherwise
>>
While loop in linux gives me

$ while true; do shit; done
shit
shit
shit
shit

but I want it to do
$ while true; do foo; sleep 2; done
shit

and keep reloading the shit on that one line. How do i do that?
>>
>>61772407
Gets annoying having to shuffle through a lot of unused tabs, especially when I'm trying to go back and forth between a couple of pages, and anyway keeping stuff around to reuse is a pain, isn't it just faster to open a new tab and immediately type in the address bar with ctrl+t rather than having to switch over to an unused tab, and then hit F6 to focus the address bar so I can type? More keystrokes for the same thing...
>>
>>61761102
Tripcodes are for JERKS, JERKS!
>>
File: a.webm (27KB, 562x362px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
27KB, 562x362px
>>61772924
with "\e[1A"
>>
File: a.webm (30KB, 624x362px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
30KB, 624x362px
>>61772924
>>61773029
oh, and the "1" can be changed to move back N lines, if you want to overwrite multiple lines of output
>>
>>61773029
The literal second you had posted this I found another way, but your way runs way faster and looks better, thanks anon!
>>
File: Capture.png (79KB, 1347x497px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
79KB, 1347x497px
> OS reports 13.9GB total used on disk
> windows folder reports 15.6GB of disk usage, for 112% of total disk space.

wat

inb4 "HURR WANGDANGS 10", installing it per customer request.
>>
>>61773174
Maybe pagefile?
>>
File: a.webm (46KB, 562x362px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
46KB, 562x362px
>>61773168
np, also protip: "sensors" just parses data you can grab directly out of /sys, so you could instead do something like this;
while true; do echo -e "Your CPU is at $(($(cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp1_input)/1000))°C.\e[1A"; sleep .5; done
>>
>>61771936
Kodi by itself is just a video player.

Kodi addons for automated piracy can be a risk.
>>
File: win.png (14KB, 363x481px) Image search: [Google]
win.png
14KB, 363x481px
>>61773174
Part of the Windows folder will be NTFS compressed, or will be multiple files hard linked together, both of which result in more total "used space" in files than is actually stored on disk. My current windows install shows up as 24.5GB used, 24.2GB on disk.
>>
>>61773262
Do you happen to know the proper term for these /e[ escape sequence thingies? I've seen similar ones for modifying terminal cursor shape and such stuff.
>>
File: win2.png (22KB, 368x486px) Image search: [Google]
win2.png
22KB, 368x486px
>>61773403
And my desktop has an even bigger difference

>>61773421
ANSI Escape Codes
>>
File: Machinations01.jpg (2MB, 3080x2012px) Image search: [Google]
Machinations01.jpg
2MB, 3080x2012px
>>61773253
it's on a second HDD.

>>61773403
makes sense, didn't think compression happened that low. cheers man.
>>
>>61773428
>ANSI
ty.
>>
>>61773421
these things go way back, they're for use on real life terminals
the "terminals" we use now aren't called emulators for nothing
http://ascii-table.com/ansi-escape-sequences-vt-100.php
>>
File: 1501330230714.gif (858KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501330230714.gif
858KB, 500x500px
Can i get a (you) so i can figure out what oneechan dark theme has a red highlight of them?
>>
>>61773428
Huh, well there you go.

>>61773443
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 380x496px
>>61773454
> forgetting pic related
>>
<<61773443
No.
>>
File: vt100.jpg (195KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
vt100.jpg
195KB, 800x650px
>>61773421
>>61773441
pic related, the 1978 VT100, which your terminal program is emulating
>>
>>61773441
I've been using tput for a lot of these things. Ur examples like with $(date) are clean and simple, tho. Nice.
>>
I'm trying g to I stall nightly to arch but using Pacman -S firefox-nightly isn't working. What else can I do?
>>
>>61771922
Please respond
>>
File: SylvaniaF96.jpg (5KB, 194x146px) Image search: [Google]
SylvaniaF96.jpg
5KB, 194x146px
I know I'm really reaching with this one, but here it goes.

Basically, my CRT monitor has some flickering "artifacts" on it's side, some very small horizontal lines colored red, green and blue. It only happens with GPU rendering (like in a video game). Degaussing is useless.

While most of the time unnoticeable, they are kind of annoying when looking at a dark scene.

I don't really except a solution to this, but I'm really interested in knowing why it is like it is.
>>
>>61773597
Can you post the link? Reverse image search link you to the thread it was posted in, not just the board itself
>>
>>61773597
Because it is in the aur and not accessible with pacman alone.
>>
>>61760430
im going to get tier 1 help desk job soon

what should i expect?
>>
>Want to add more monitors.
>Currently have 4, and run GTX 980Ti

Can I just add another card, like a GTX 960 or will it cause problems/degrade performance on main monitor?
>>
>>61774851
Shouldn't be a problem. That's basically the same thing as running one of your monitors off of integrated. 960 is shit performance for the price tho.
>>
>>61774937
Yeah, I probably won't get a 960. Any suggestions? just need to run 1-2 more displays.

I would just use my MOBO's integrated, but it seems to be disabled when GPU is installed.
>>
>>61775056
You tried digging through your mobo's settings. You might have to re-enable the iGPU
>>
are there any good alternatives to glasswire?
>>
Why don't my torrents from RuTracker upload? Torrents from elsewhere upload normally, but ones from RuTracker just don't or barely upload at all. I'm using qbitorrent by the way.
>>
>>61775059
I have, I can't see the option anywhere.

ASUS PRIME Z270-A
>>
Anyone here has experience with Twitch?
>>
>>61775210
NVM, found it thanks to YouTube video, looks like I can run more displays without purchasing another card!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PBmmFMwis
>>
File: Jamal_Fades_Em_All.jpg (32KB, 359x361px) Image search: [Google]
Jamal_Fades_Em_All.jpg
32KB, 359x361px
Wifi is busted on iPhone 6, shop asking $90 for a repair. Am I better off getting it fixed or saving the money and buying a new phone? Should I risk trying to repair it myself?
>>
>>61775278
Probably time to upgrade. Or bitch to Apple and they might upgrade you for free.
>>
File: alibaba.png (167KB, 1445x1116px) Image search: [Google]
alibaba.png
167KB, 1445x1116px
How come the thumbnails aren't loading on Alibaba? I have tried 3 different browsers and none images load after the initial 3 listings. It's starting to piss me off.
>>
File: 1497547440469.jpg (239KB, 961x816px) Image search: [Google]
1497547440469.jpg
239KB, 961x816px
Is better single core performance ever coming?

I'm thinking of buying a 1950X as my 'end game' processor, something I'd keep for 3-5 years. But I don't want to spend so much money on a ThreadRipper platform if we might see 30%+ single core performance coming soon. Given it's not happened since Sandy Bridge, is it a big jump in single core performance pretty much never coming at this point?

t. clueless corelet
>>
>>61775278
holy shit jamal is sick how the fuck autistic neckbeards know 90s hiphop
>>
File: udp.png (9KB, 707x741px) Image search: [Google]
udp.png
9KB, 707x741px
why are there random udp streams on my lan, what are they?
>>
>>61760430
Anyone know how to change which folder catalog shows up first when I log into keepass 2?
I have people over sometimes and whenever I log into keepass to access my email or something, the first catalog that shows up are my NSFW site logins and i'd rather not that be the first thing people notice if they look over at my screen while im looking for passwords to copy. For some reason instead of opening the general catalog with all my main passwords it opens the "homebanking" catalog where I have all my NSFW stuff.
>>
>>61775675
Zen 2 breaks past the 4GHz thermal barrier in current gen Zen thanks to IBM borrowed technology
>>
How many cores do i actually need for gaymen in the future? I wanna build a new PC in 18-19 but i dont wanna have too many with low clock, but having too few is limiting myself.
>>
>>61770916
sorry to continue being stupid, but where is it.

~/ is home right? I don't see it there and even if I create it there, it doesn't do anything.
>>
>>61776264
NEVERMIND, i was just styling it wrong. Fuck that was such a pain to get white text on black.
>>
Can you get a job in IT without knowing programming?
>>
>>61760686
Why cant you foreward? Use OWA (portal.office.com) and foreward from that?
>>
>>61765728
try a different cable
make sure input source is selected on HDMI and not on Auto
hit it
>>
>>61766502
Grade A
I've had 1600x900 and its a pain in the ass to look at it
>>
Can i somehow permanently increase polling rate of a Intellimouse Explorer 3, or do I still have to use shitty russian usb drivers?
>>
>>61768251
spy cam in your sisters bedroom
>>
File: 1450950027817.png (1MB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1450950027817.png
1MB, 1000x1400px
Let's say I want to use a symbol like size_t in my code, how do I find which header file to #include?
>>
>>61770067
dont think so
>>
What are some computer science camps that I can sign up for? I have an interest in game dev and I'm about to obtain my Bachelors in CS next year. My mother suggested that I should go take a Kaplan CS GRE course, but I wonder if there's anything better.

Don't suggest me self-pacing materials like libgen because she doesn't trust me to do it on my own.
>>
>>61776898

Could be an online course as well.
>>
>>61775908
you could just, you know, memorise one complex password which you would then modify based on the URL of the site you're using.
>>
>>61776098
I have 8 cores and its working fine for me
>>
SQL injection

How do you properly escape a query string?

select * from table where id = escape(user_input)

OR

escape(select * from table where id = user_input)

is myslq escaping rules apply to postgres as well?
>>
>>61776389
yes
>>
>>61761678
does windows even have memory ballooning drivers?
>>
>>61771084
Eat shit man. I want to send VMs to my buddies through Messenger, and you're not seeing the whole issue either.
>>
>>61776969
you're escaping user input, not the query itself, so why would you need to wrap the whole query in it? also, is escape a backend function or a built in database one?
>>
>>61777076
in this case escape is

Returns a quoted SQL string literal according to the MySQL quoting rules.

and I want to pass the select as a string to a postgres database like db:query(string)
>>
I have a question

what is the highest ITX mobo to get win XP and linux mint.
Gonna turn this into a media pc and retro gaming rig
already have thermal paste and HDD with image.
>>
>>61777183
i don't see why Postgres quoting rules should be any different to MySQL's. what backend are you using? python? it depends on how your framework (presumably) uses the escape() function. if it doesn't work for postgres, maybe there's a postgres equivalent function or a workaround. you know what you want to do but you're not really explaining what isn't working or what the problem is.
>>
I still can't get my computer working. BSOD's constantly when trying to boot from several different USB's, and I'm racking my brain with what to do. Bought a cheap 500GB 5400RPM Samsung HDD rather than trying to use my Toshiba one.
What am I supposed to do? It's a new Ryzen system for reference.
>>
>>61777335
BSOD when booting a Windows USB installation medium?
>>
>>61777335
what OS are you trying to run?

because if its not windows 10 or linux it wount run
>>
>>61777367
Not essentially true, Windows 7 can run on Ryzen, although installation can be a hassle
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
>>
>>61777343
Yes, tried using the Windows media creation tool, Rufus, Unetbootin, direct ISO, and Winrar extracted ISO all on different USBs.
>>61777367
Yes, trying Windows 10.
>>
>>61777429
consider disabling/enabling safe boot
or enabling/disabling legacy boot/CSM mode
or using a USB 2.0 port
or using a CD/DVD instead of using a USB drive
99,9% change this will fix your problem
>>
>>61777476
the DVD or CD drive will work 98% of the time.
you can also Lan install over the network as well.

You can also try SD card install or if you have those very expenise CF card one of those or mini SD card.

this is why in all my builds i always have a card reader in it in case my dvd or cd drives fails to work.
>>
>>61777476
tried 2.0, 3.0, and optical. tried all usb ports, front and rear.
will try the other options
>>
File: 1501518166708.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501518166708.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
why is this not working on my webpage?

* {
font-size: 100%;
font-family: Helvetica;
}

im using the bootstrap library but this code is at the very top of my style sheet but my fonts are not changing.
>>
>>61777666
cause other "more specific rules" are "replacing" that, add
!important
to each of those. it would also hep a lot if you started to understand how CASCADING style sheets work
>>
>>61777666
where are you getting Helvetica from? if it's from an external source you need to declare it. instead of "Helvetica" try "sans-serif". if that doesn't do anything, your issue is probably >>61777731
>>
>>61777613
what error are you getting?
does your PC even boot?

My last option I can give is reset to default and look for some OS requirements and such its kinda odd for USB AND OPTICAL drive to me that sounds like something is not compatable.

when you install unplag everything that you don't need for the install

aka extra drives your not installing on
take out anything your not using to install with

You only need a PSU,keyboard, mobo, mouse, GPU, CPU, Ram( and fan with thermal paste)
and the HDD/SSD and monitor

make sure the computer is on and pluged in

Check your connections make sure everything is pluged in proper inside and out.
don't touch shit when its on.
>>
File: 1235145214252344.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1235145214252344.png
6KB, 225x225px
Anyone can recommend ruby/ror books? Pref ror 5, Im trying to learn
>>
File: thisthing.png (2KB, 170x139px) Image search: [Google]
thisthing.png
2KB, 170x139px
how do I turn off this thing? I'm using windows 8.1 and every time I play on windows mode it quits my game when I press or double trap space or something.
>>
>>61777803
find something called "sticky keys" in the control panel under keyboard and untick it.
>>
>>61777286
It is working no problem, the question was about how to qoute properly and whether to watch out mysql/pg differences not to fall for an injection
>>
New
>>61777905
>>61777905
>>61777905
>>
>>61777875
in that case option 1, as escaping your own query makes no sense and it may break things. again, that is unless the framework you're using (which you still haven't specified) explicitly says you should use it this way.

the mysql/pg shouldn't behave any differently in this scenario and it shouldn't make any difference.
>>
>>61777955
operest/lua

thanks anyway
>>
>>61765282
The Ikea Markus is prety good.
>>
>>61768097
I have an i5 3570 and while it is bottlenecking my Fury X, it's not by much. You should be fine.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.