[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to get this babby tier desktop support/helpdesk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Cisco_logo.svg.png (35KB, 1200x636px) Image search: [Google]
Cisco_logo.svg.png
35KB, 1200x636px
So I'm trying to get this babby tier desktop support/helpdesk job, and was asked if I had a ccna or any Cisco experience, and bring the moron I am, said no beyond some knowledge of Cisco IOS. I really want/need this job so I've been doing some studying but I don't really know what the most common devices or problems I'm going to run into, but would like to let the hiring manager know that I'm willing to work to close this knowledge gap. What are the most likely Cisco related things for me to run into in a position like this, if anyone knows?
>>
>>61759100
>What are the most likely Cisco related things for me to run into in a position like this
In a desktop support/helpdesk job? None. I doubt the network admins will even let you change the VLANs of access ports. And if they are that retarded thats the most they'll let you do.
>>
>>61759194
That's why I was a bit confused by the question, and this wasn't even mentioned in the email I was sent about the job, had no clue they wanted anything of the sort til I spoke to the guy on the phone.
>>
>>61759252
They want overqualified people to dump work on which is far outside their job description because the company is ran by jews who dont want to pay people what they're worth.
>>
>>61759337
I knew I should've fucking lied, but I also didn't want to end up in over my head. I think my failure to embellish my skills and experience has cost me pretty much every job I've even been contacted about. Finding any sort of low level jobs like this in my area is a fucking nightmare, so I guess it's time to start bullshitting more.
>>
>>61759357
Did you speak with the actual hiring manager or some HR drone?
>>
>>61759100
Desktop support/helpdesk should not configure Cisco devices.

Most I do in terms of networking as a helpdesk person is ask ppl to reboot their Cisco ASAs, ping, telnet and nslookup stuff on Windows clients.

But no configuring, network engineers do that.

>>61759337
Yes, this. Sounds like a shit company
>>
>>61759367
Some 3rd party recruiting dude. He seemed to be the most reasonable of any of the various other shithead HR faggots I've spoken to previously. I don't even really know how to get in contact with the actual company's hiring manager but I'd love to speak to him instead. Although, this HR drone -did- say he was going to speak to the hiring manager on my behalf I doubt it's going to be anything that works to my favor.
>>
Desperation bump. Going to try to sleep but will probably continue to monitor on my phone, or will just end up checking to see if anything more advice was given. I appreciate the few of you that have already replied a lot.
>>
watch CCNA youtube instructionals.

CCNA is really basic. nothing that some study won't fix.
If you can pirate CBT nuggets CCENT/CCNA vids, even better, they are really quite good.
>>
>>61759962
You can watch CCNA course online without pirating, forgot the name of the site with courses but it's here often.
>>
Whether you're network ops or not really depends on the size of the shop. My first job was everything from desktop support to network to servers. 3 sites. Maybe 1000 IP addresses. Healthcare is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>61759100

You don't need a CCNA for helpdesk, were you speaking to some HR drone?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.