[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on closed-source freeware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1489016458782.png (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1489016458782.png
10KB, 384x384px
Why would any sane person think its a good idea to give away the fruit of years of their labor and any competitive advantage, for free. And any pajeetski could just copy paste, closed up the source and take credit if they feel like it?

https://blog.getpaint.net/2007/12/04/freeware-authors-beware-of-%E2%80%9Cbackspaceware%E2%80%9D/
https://blog.getpaint.net/2007/12/07/tips-for-dealing-with-backspaceware/
>>
>>61757544
>>61757544
>Why would any sane person think its a good idea to give away the fruit of years of their labor and any competitive advantage, for free.
Because software piracy exists
>>
>>61757544
And any pajeetski could just copy paste, closed up the source and take credit if they feel like it?

but that's wrong you idiot.
free software doesn't mean public domain or non-copyrighted software.

the author still owns a copyright (nobody can do anything without sourcing you) and with non-cuck licenses like Apache 2.0 or GPL nobody can release any copy or derivative of the software without releasing it under a license at least as free.

People get caught and sued for a ton of money every year on things like GPL violations. You can't "just copy paste" off someone's github and release a closed source (or one that does not give credit to the owner of the copyright) copy and expect to get away with it.
>>
>>61757582
>sued for GPL violation
lmao

If you're oracle, sure.
If your project name doesn't start with LINUX, the GNU GPL conservatory is NOT going to waste their precious funds defending your no-name GPL software
>>
>>61757643
just look up how many cases there have been on even tiny pieces of GPL software

I'm closing this thread because you're retarded.
Sorry OP.
>>
>take GPL code
>include it in my proprietary software product
>hide compiled asm with https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/movfuscator

haha what now, freecucks?
>>
>>61757715
you get caught (as they always do eventually) and sued for everything you've made + can make + damages as >>61757582 said.
>>
>>61757727
>GPL cucks actually believe this
>>
>>61757751
>i don't know how the legal system works.
>>
>>61757715
It's enough to see the behavior of the program.
>>
>>61757544
If you are thinking from a capitalist point of view, you will not get away with this, people will pirate your shit. And if it's not worth it they will pick up the free alternative
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.