[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planned Obsolescence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1569 (2).jpg (14KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569 (2).jpg
14KB, 290x174px
Anyone else get anxiety from all the marketing pressure with tech?

Sometimes I watch the keynotes of whatever old shit I own to hype myself, then I pretend it's whatever year the release date was so I'm not shamed into upgrading without real reason
>>
>>61756432
Remember when phones had plastic screens that didn't shatter?
>>
I've come to accept that planned obsolescence is real, that every company wants to do with, and that normies absolutely don't care or they might care a little but will do nothing.

It suscks but might as well accept the fact that I'll have to buy a new phone every 2 years.
>>
>>61756432
Nope, because all the shit that is being marketed ATM is shit in my opinion DESU
>high res screens when 1080p on a medium sized phone is good enough to saturate our eyeballs
>2.5d screens, ie curved glass shit
>more ram and cpu power thats not needed
>removing shit that is touted as a feature (headphone jack)
>>
>>61756455
>I'll have to buy a new phone every 2 years.
Why? I still have a 5s and I plan to keep it until the battery won't hold a charge for a day which I don't see happening because I only ever use my phone to call my mother once at night when I get home from work.
>>
>>61756432

Stop falling for advertising and """""""tech blogs""""""
>>
>>61756501
If you use a phones feature set at all (Web/GPS/music) your battery will be hurting after just two years. Charge a phone every day that is over 700 cycles in just 2 years
>>
Why would a company choose to spent it's budget in maintaining obsolete hardware, when they can invest that money in more R&D to produce a better product?
>>
>>61756455
>I've come to accept that planned obsolescence is real.

Of course it's real. Light bulbs are the biggest examples. At one point the producers came together and limited the lifespan of one bulb to 1000 hours. I also read an article about washing machines and they use plastic parts that break after so many million turns. They could easily use other materials but then the thing would last forever.
>>
>>61756540
Charge it every other day and you half that ;)
I know I've had my phone at least 1024 days (thanks to my Duolingo streak) and it's still going strong.
As a side note, Duolingo is shit and I just use it everyday to maintain my streak and keep track of the number of days that have passed since getting the phone.
>>
>>61756432
You people don't know how fucking lucky you are and most likely never owned a phone in the late 90s or early 00's

I had keypad buttons regularly fail after 12 months making texting impossible and phones permanantly bricked because of some humidity...

Literally thousands of dollars down the drain - and you guys are getting 5+ years 24/7 use of ubiquitous supercomputers...
>>
>>61756598
Thats the plan usually, doesn't help when alot of phones a few years ago just barely made out with a single day of battery life.
Thankfully even though most phones batteries are sealed, where are starting to get multi day battery life on a single charge.
>>
>>61756455
>every two years
my phone is 3 years old, and it works just fine.
Don't see a reason to upgrade
>>
>>61756443
>Tfw people bashed Motorola for doing it and again on the z2 force
I mean, they could've made the top plastic film like a tempered glass screen protector so if it breaks, you just peel it off and replace it like a regular glass screen protector.
Best of both worlds
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.