[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could AIs actually go rogue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Could AIs actually go rogue?
>>
File: 1501961568929.jpg (112KB, 675x796px) Image search: [Google]
1501961568929.jpg
112KB, 675x796px
>>
you need to "train" it to become aggressive
>>
>>61752365
Just a publicity stunt
>>
File: 1501963418826.png (41KB, 760x603px) Image search: [Google]
1501963418826.png
41KB, 760x603px
>>61752527
I don't know, it looks pretty terrifying to me...
>>
>>61752578
>GET ON ON ON VENT OR OR I HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE YOU BENT
>BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS
>>
>>61752365
Thanks for the screenshot. Can you link people to the article instead of making them look for it themselves?
>>
>>61752578
>video game discussion on /v/.png
>>
>>61752347
Could a model trainset "go rogue"?
>>
>>61752578
This isn't a "language"
>>
If its true AI and has freedom of thought the same way we do yes.

If its programmed to think a certain way then we can just program it to obey our every command. But then it wouldn't be considered true AI.
>>
No.
The only place where free will could ever exist in a computer is in the form of indeterministic outcomes. This could only occur with either undefined behavior, or hardware malfuction (bit rot, for example).
Hence AI can't ever have free will. If it did, it would literally be a bug, or worse, a hardware malfunction.
>>
>>61753397
You don't know what you're talking about, retard.
>>
>>61753490
>>61753652
>still believing in the existence of free will
lmao
>>
>>61753694
One of the most influential people in Computer Science, John von Neumann, believed in Eugene Wigner's notion that consciousness causes wave function collapse in QM. This is a step above even Bohr/Heisenberg's Copenhagen interpretation that posits that the universe is genuinely random, but machines or particles can cause wave function collapse and quantum decoherence.
Von Neumann proposed that human consciousness/free will causes a measurement. Which I don't agree with (I believe in free will, but also Bohr/Heisenberg's approach), but it is a reasonable conjecture about the universe.
>>
>>61752347
"AI" will not truly exist as long as quantum computers are modelled on the qubit.
Notice the different between a CPU and a brain: a CPU has to be given a specific instruction (has to be told what to do), while a brain can operate in ways we still don't and cannot yet understand. How can you model the brain in software, when we still don't know what consciousness is?
>>
>>61753397
It's as much a language as people talking in code.
To an outsider, they have no fucking clue what the discussion is unless they do deep analysis of the text patterns.
Since this discussion is purely discussion with no action, it makes it stupidly fucking difficult to understand on top of an already difficult problem.

If these AI were ever given a route to knowing the ins and outs of everything they are, they could self-evolve and even break out of VMs given time.
Auto-evolving machine learning is very dangerous if not watched, especially if given unfiltered information of a technical nature.
>>
If Sarah Palin could go rogue, I'm pretty sure a plastic dummy with a little silicone thrown in could.
>>
>>61752365
>train markov bot with english
>repeat once
>have bot 1 learn from bot 2
>have bot 2 learn from bot 1
>they lose grasp on english after some time
>THEYVE INVENTED THEIR OWN LANGUAGE SHUT IT DOWN

ewew
>>
>>61752347
Rogue in the sense that they will take their orders too far. Most likely the one that will kill us will something the military makes and fucks up in some way.
>>
Technically no.

Will someone totally create an AI that is purposefully dangerous? A B S O L U T E L Y
>>
>>61752347
>Could AIs actually go rogue?
No Elon, it cant, so just go back to making electric cars now.
>>
>>61752365
Just like >>61752527 said. It was a publicity stunt, totally developed by facebook itself, there is no way for anyone to verify the story to be true or false, Facebook is the source of the story. And facebook needs to stay in the headlines to convince the shareholders to stick with it.

It is more likely that it was a scheme for publicity than a real thing.
>>
File: c3c.png (110KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
c3c.png
110KB, 736x627px
>>61752578
is this from the new death grips album?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.