[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I am about to change to gentoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: gentoo-signet.png (107KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
gentoo-signet.png
107KB, 533x533px
Hello /g/, gonna compromise my privacy because of this post (fucking reCAPTCHA) but I hope it's worth it. I am about to enter the world of gentoo (it's a meme, but i don't give a fuck) ,what am I in for? I have also decided that I will stop playing videogames, is it even worth? With best regards Anon
>>
Gentoo can be good if you know what you're doing. Would recommend it as a first distro. You can make a nicely customized sweet system with it. Once you get to a point where everything is working and you have everything installed that you will ever want, then freeze it: no more emerge sync.
>>
>>61751017
Would NOT recommend it as a first distro. Damn typo.
>>
gentoo is the ultimate freedom op

not much hand holding but it also doesnt limit you

gentoo and archwikis are very helping
>>
>>61751028
Fuck me I meant to say I would recommended it.
>>
>>61751288

Shit I really meant to say I wouldn't recommend it as a first distro.
>>
>>61751414
Mother fucking damnit! I seriously meant to say I would highly recommended it. Fuck I hate using 4chan on mobile.
>>
Guys, I might get banned for it by I kinda need your help. I wanted to install it through the wifi, but it can't detect my network card, I am fucked now. The last time I installed linux I had to carry my whole setup to the attic where the router lies so that I could ue a wired connection , but I can't do it now (too fat). How do I proceed?
>>
>>61752593
You search the proprietary blob that enables you wificard, enable it in the kernel make .config, recompile, install and reboot. Your wificard is working now and you'll never have to worry about it again
>>
>>61751479
I FUCKING HATE THE IPHONE KEYBOARD! I MEANT TO SAY I DO NOT RECCOMEND IT AT ALL
>>
>>61752593
Why would you be banned? Idiot mods and jannies dont exist unless you post CP or beg fro cryptos
>>
>>61752690
Could you explain it again, but this time imagine that I am an old lady? I have no idea how to find this software or how to re-write kernel, I am just a fat crying retard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.