[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cleaning mechanical keyboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170805_190526.jpg (504KB, 1638x922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_190526.jpg
504KB, 1638x922px
Best way to clean my mechanical keyboard?
Please help guys, I'd like my beautiful keyboard to look like new.
>>
help a bro out
>>
take the caps off. individually clean them and lay them out in qwerty layout on a table. clean you board and then put em back on.
>>
>cleaning your keyboard
enjoy your weakened immune system
>>
>>61747229
What a great excuse to be a filthy neckbeard
>>
>>61746633
I have a MagicForce 68 too, we have floating switches so just use compressed air. And change keycaps, the stock ones are utterly shit
>>
>>61748367
what cheap ones can you recommend?
and duh, the pick is bait
>>
>>61748373
if you want dirt cheap you can get half decent PBT sets on ebay for like 15 dollars.
>>
>>61746633
Get a bowl and put all your keycaps in it.
Pour in rubbing alcohol.
Let them sit for 2 hours.
Mean while take qtips and dip them in the rubbing alcohol.Run them across the lanes on your kb.
Do this untill its clean
Get hair dryer and dry the keycaps until there is no residual rubbing alhochol left
Replant keycaps
Enjoy
Do this every 3 months
>>
>not even ALPS
>has trouble cleaning it
>>
>>61747229
>He doesn't eat the crumbs when he cleans his keyboard
>>
>>61746633
>he fell for the mechanical keyboard meme
>>
>>61749446
This is a terrible idea. There's a chance rubbing alcohol can affect the plastics and a hairdryer isn't necessary unless you're impatient as fuck and want to potentially melt your keycaps.
Just remove all keycaps and dump them in a container you can close. Add water, soap, and some salt as an abrasive then shake that fucker. Rinse out with water till clean. Clean the board using paper towels and qtips.
Tip - Have a picture of your keyboard on your phone handy to add keycaps back in the right places.
>>
>>61746633
Go back to Plebbit
>>
>>61749596
even shitty abs plastic wont belt under a hair dryer
>>
>>61749608
There have been many idiots that have melted their keycaps this way
>>
>>61749637
Cant reproduce.From abs to pbt.
Never once had anything melt
>>
>>61747229
your immune system can only be weakened for life if you aren't exposed to a ton of filth early on, as a toddler.
>>
Take it all apart
Put plasticframes and keys int dishwasher at lowest temperature
If there are still dirt stains after washing rub them of with a towel
After the parts dried apply small amount of silicon spray on the upper frame where the holes for the keys are

That procedure only applies to that type of KB as in your pic.
>>
those are fingernails on your keyboard. To answer your question OP. Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.