[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many people here use Devuan? How have your experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: PRor7gvw.jpg (12KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
PRor7gvw.jpg
12KB, 512x512px
How many people here use Devuan? How have your experiences with it been?
>>
I use Devuan to bag my groceries and carry them out to my car
>>
>>61745601
I'm using it in my desktop and have no complain. Is Debian without systemd. You shoul try it and explore by yourself.
>>
Why would I use a distro without SystemD? Who in their right mind would use an init system other than the best one around?

>I-its too complicated!
Maybe for a brainlet like you

>I-its a botnet backdoored by the NSA!
Do you have any proof to back this statement? No.

>Mr. Poettering is a hack!
Hes way, way more capable than you. You cant even comprehend his skill.
>>
>>61747207
Why would I use a distro with Systemd if others init systems exist and have a very good performance?
I want a simple init system, without the bloated part.
>>
>>61747469
>bloated

Umm, no. Its bigger because it functions better.
>>
>>61747505
This logic.
>>
>>61747505
> Its bigger because it functions better

mmm no, it's bigger because has a lot of other functionalities not related with a proper init system. Period.
>>
your shitty psuedo political movement has long burned itself out, nobody gives a shit about your pretend religion unix paradigm created when a computer had less than 1K of ram, you are essentially a neo-luddite if you think you have to stick to this design almost 60 years later.

Major distros pick what is best and they don't let you make these decisions because your near sighted hippie bullshit gets in the way.
>>
>>61747532
Its true though
>>61747537
Its great because now you dont need other programs. SystemD is like a swiss pocket knife.
>>
File: bloated pocket knife.jpg (196KB, 1204x848px) Image search: [Google]
bloated pocket knife.jpg
196KB, 1204x848px
>>61747578
here is your swiss pocket knife model SystemD
>>
>>61747565
Nice kind of arguments kiddo. Go and add some other functionalities to systemd, maybe some day you can send pictures to your friends, or reach the moon with it.

>Major distros pick what is best and they don't let you make these decisions because your near sighted hippie bullshit gets in the way.

what is best for whom? I want to be able to choose what I want in my computer. Other wise, go and use windows, or ubuntu, or fedora.
>>
>>61747578
Like I say before, I want an init system, nothing less, nothing more.
>>
>>61747653
Yes we must keep software shitty and nonfunctional so I personally don't feel confused. There's probably a billion other automatic choices even in your current hippie distro that you aren't aware of because they didn't become a gay little internet meme making you feel all self important.

What "you want in your computer" is whatever is best to jerk off. Ubuntu and fedora which you probably don't consider linux distros are the best because they set themselves up. Because of this you will never actually program or make money because you're much too busy being a hippie.

We really need to eliminate hippie distros and psuedo-choice wherein we have 5,000 trendfaggot nothing distros so they all just fuck off to BSD already.
>>
>>61747647
And every single tool is blunt or jammed.
>>
>>61747578
Aight listen up you bumfuckery shill. Poettering and his development team cattle fucked up systemd multiple times and more often than not they asked the kernel developers to work around their bullshit. Anyone in their right mind would jump ship immediately.
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=76935
http://lkml.iu.edu//hypermail/linux/kernel/1404.0/01331.html
>>
>>61745607
omg anon.... I.... woah.... cannot believe you said that! pffffhahahahahahahahahaha XD xD hahahahahaha xD XD
>>
>>61747758
>There's probably a billion other automatic choices even in your current hippie distro

well, that's why I use this distro, I CAN CHOOSE between other alternatives.

>Ubuntu and fedora which you probably don't consider linux distros are the best because they set themselves up

Again, you think they provide stuff that everybody needs only because they set themselves up. I think you had never try using Devuan or another not mainstream distro.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.