[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Search Engine Question?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: My brain is vaporizing.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
My brain is vaporizing.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Which is actually the most private and safe search engine? Inb4 DuckDuckGo
>>
DuckDuckGo
>>
>>61722129
Fuck you, it's Duck Duck Go
>>
StartPage if you want Google results with privacy, IXQuick.eu if you don't want Google. DuckDuckGo is fine, but I primarily use it for !bangs. Whenever I want to just search through Google, I search through DDG with the !g bang to give them a search cause I support them.
>>
Startpage
>>
>>61722119
Yoona the yacy node,
http://yoona.everdot.org/

I don't log shit, why would I? But don't take my word for that, it's a PEER TO PEER search engine. You can and should download the software and run your own node,

http://yacy.net/en/index.html

Something that should worry you just as much as privacy and "safety" (whatever that means) is search engine censorship.

They all do it, including Duck Duck Go. There's more to the Internet than the sites that are allowed and visible in Bing, Google, Yandex and so on.
>>
>>61722190
>>61722190
I'm going to check this out, I had been using startpage, but was a little paranoid about its actual affiliation to google.Thanks mate!
>>
>>61722190
Hello nsa
>>
>>61722737
I do agree that NSA is a concern.

Yacy is made by a guy in Germany so that's not the right agency to be concerned about. Also, he barely speaks English. And java is his preferred language. He's a very nice guy apart from that.

On a more serious note, though, YaCy isn't the best search engine in terms of ordering and presenting the results but it's uncensored and this is kind of important.

As for privacy, that's not something it's very good at. There is a trade-off. You can't have a peer to peer search engine without asking some of the other peers which pages they know about so you're broadcasting your searches to random nodes. You're not handing some company your entire search-history, which is good, but random people could store snapshots of it.
>>
>>61722119
Yandex, duckduckgo is a Botnet.
>>
DuckDuckGo
>>
yellow pages
>>
>>61722813
I don't care whether someone can track indiviual search requests of mine, so long as
A) I cannot be identified as one making the search (IP hidden)
B) My searches cannot be connected to each other
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.