[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X299 Kabylake-X only motherboards announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Is Intel retarded?

>The decision to put two architectures on the same socket generated some confusion among potential customers. Motherboard makers need to specifically tell customers that X299 motherboards do not support all features with Kabylake-X CPUs (for instance by covering DIMMs with stickers).

>MSI and Gigabyte have brought a solution to this problem by introducing Kabylake-X only motherboards. Unlike most Skylake-X supported boards, these only have four DIMMs and slightly cheaper design.

>The Gigabyte X299 AORUS GAMING is an ATX board with four DIMMs and three PCIe slots. It also has two M.2 connectors. With this motherboard, you can only use Intel Core i7-7740X or i5-7640X, but you will never have the option to upgrade to Skylake-X.

https://videocardz.com/71656/x299-kabylake-x-only-motherboards-are-here
>>
People who bought KBL-X only motherboards: 4 Intel employees(they were on sale)
>>
File: image.jpg (827KB, 1002x1480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
827KB, 1002x1480px
>>61715666
>letting polocks run your company
>ever
>>
I thought all X299 CPUs i5/7/9 7xxxX are Kabylake-X. Why did they split it? Why would they call some chips Skylake-X?
>>
>>61715666
>MayoJizz TIM instead of soldering high TDP HEDT CPUs
>RAID keys
>X299 CPU PCIe retardation
>quad core rebranded Kaby Lel on X299
>still expensive
>cheapest CPU to offer full bandwidth for 2 graphics cards is $1000
Yes, Intel does in fact seem to be retarded.
>>
File: subrian.png (714KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
subrian.png
714KB, 600x852px
>>61715666
Satan hates jews
>>
>Say the purpose of Kaby Lake X is to upgrade to Skylake X
>make a mobo that doesn't allow you to upgrade

I fucking called it, Intel is moving overclocking to the HEDT chipsets, they're going to kill overclocking on consumer chips. If you want to overclock Intel yoi'll either have to buy the expensive HEDT mobo that allows you to upgrade later, or a much cheaper mobo that only support low core count CPU's.
>>
>>61715828
The 4 core CPU's are Kaby Lake X, the 6 core and up ones are Skylake X.Basically Skylake X is the "real" X299 HEDT platform, Kaby Lake X are just the Z270 4C CPU's stapled onto X299 for no reason.
>>
>>61715964
It begs the question of why didn't they just release a cut down quad core LCC? Didn't sandyvag era hedt have a quad core with quad channel memory?
>>
>>61715666
>Is Intel retarded?

Yes. Buy AMD.
>>
>>61716062
What if I want to use Thunderbolt 3™ and Intel Optane™?
>>
File: i5xtreme.png (105KB, 678x694px) Image search: [Google]
i5xtreme.png
105KB, 678x694px
>>61715666
The most pointless CPU, with the most pointless motherboard, on the most pointless platform.

Sasuga, Intel.
>>
>>61715807
This
>>
>>61716106
TB 3 will be opened up soon. As for Optane, it's a joke on consumer hardware.
>>
>>61715807
He's not pollock, he's Croatian.

And being a Croatian I can tell you we're terrible fucking leaders.
>>
>>61715666
did they wake up on march 1 and thought

"how are we going to fuck our self up this year" ?

did they had a contest on the dumbest move they can make?
>>
>>61716133
What if I want to watch 4k™ Netflix™ Content™?
>>
>>61716213
Pretty sure team green is getting that soon, if they don't already.
>>
>is Intel retarded?

Yes.
>>
>>61716213
Nvidia will have it soon™.
>>
File: drop it like it's hot.gif (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
drop it like it's hot.gif
1MB, 720x404px
>>61715666
Oh shit I just remembered I still have this .gif saved.
>>
>>61717491
But gamers nexus Is an Intel shill!
/g/ told me so;
>>
>>61717864
no shill can accept the abortion that is kabylake-x
>>
>>61717491
He should also drop Vega because its shit

It seems there is a full blast shill effort to shit on Kaby-Lake X
>>
>>61718240
It's like bullying a retard, kabylakex is like a red headed step child that now needs special care motherboards because it doesn't fit in anywhere.

That it's going to sell enough to make an actual motherboard line for it make me a little sick.
>>
>>61718415
Even hardcore Intel fanboys can't justify skylakeX.
>>
>>61718615
I was more on that kabylake-x is an abortion.

skl-x had potential to be an 'okay' cpu, if it just didn't have such an aggressive all core turbo, it would just be not as good a TR instead of being a risk to it's owner.
>>
>>61718240
>He should also drop Vega because its shit
He doesn't want to leave a hole in his table.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.