[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canvas Fingerprinting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: ff.jpg (40KB, 962x202px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
40KB, 962x202px
Canvas Defender
After I installed this canvas defender for chromium my ID is 100% unique. Is this good or bad?
>>
very bad, it means that only you have that id, making you easily identifiable. there is only one single user with that id, you.
>>
>>61707715
then canvas defender is basically making it worse?
>>
>>61707739
looks like it. the more extensions you use the more you stick out, the more fonts you have installed, the more you stick out, etc
try the test with all extensions disabled, it should make you less unique. it should be even lower if you changed your user agent to chrome.

there used to be an addon for firefox called blender, maybe there's something similar for chromium.

but in all honesty, it's pointless to worry about fingerprinting. they are going to get you anyway.
>>
>>61707770
>they are going to get you anyway.
that's ok I'm just trying to prevent data companies from making money by selling user data they collect
>>
>>61707739
yes. also there's basically no way to escape fingerprinting now so you might as well give up. your best bet is using the most standard configuration of everything (i.e. platform, browser, no addons) possible and try to blend in with the normies.
>>
>>61707870
it's 2017 and no programmer invented a way to browse internet in safety/blocking garbage without having to rely on txt based browsers :(
>>
>>61707884
if you use text browser you're going to stick out even more, same with disabled scripts.
basically either give up on fighting this shit or using websites altogether.
>>
>>61707905
but while they can track me because I disabled scripts they can't inject garbage and deep track
>>
I don't know anything about 'canvas defender', but if it changes that ID every time you reload it wouldn't really matter if each of those IDs is unique.
>>
>>61707905
Sure you stick out, but they can't collect more than very basic information from you, making it basically useless.
>>
>>61707646
What happened to canv.as?
>>
>>61707927
arguably they can track you moving between websites if they have access to httpd logs
>>
>>61707646
use vanilla firefox
disable all extensions
disable webrtc
disable JS
use a custom useragent
use proxy, etc

works for me ;)
>>
>>61708007
Firefox is very slow here
I'm on a J1750. Tried waterfox and pale moon
Chromium is the only one I can have 6 tabs open without lag
>>
File: sex.png (21KB, 690x218px) Image search: [Google]
sex.png
21KB, 690x218px
What do?
>>
>>61708136
Get a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution because it's far more common than 1680x1050. If you use GNU/Linux you must also make sure the height of your title bar and your task bar matches the default size of the ones in Windows 10 so that your inner browser window size will be the same as on Windows 10.
>>
>>61708007
How use a custom useragent without extension?
>>
>>61709570
you add a new entry in about:config
>>
>>61709628
Thank you, and how disable JS? There is also a value to modify in about:config?
The problem is some fucking websites does'nt work without JS, so disable completely JS block you 70% of websites...
>>
>>61708007
>use a custom useragent
useless, only adds a footprint. There are non-js ways to find out your real OS etc.
>>
>>61709751
noscript or something
>>
>>61707905
TempleOS w/ browsing?
>>
>>61709805
Yes, ok but:
>>61708007
>disable all extensions
noscript = extension
>>
>>61707646
i too wondered about this, as i don't understand how well canvas fingerprintering and canavas blocker actually works, if it's a new unique ID each time i guess it's ok but i don't know if that's the case

do i turn this shit down?
https://panopticlick.eff.org/
>>
>>61709917
problem is it's not just one thing but a multitude of factors used to identify you so you're going to be that guy who randomizes his canvas
>>
>>61710001
yep, even though i don't know much about fingerprinting i know that much

fucking normal people dragging the rest of us down
>>
Tor Browser Bundle. Then check with EFF Panopticlick.
>>
>>61708136
>>61709519
alternatively. Resize your window to 1920x1080 or 4:3 1024
>>
>>61709837
He said to disable JavaScript so why would you need NoScript?
>>
>>61711726
please, read >>61709751
>>
>>61711807
>go to about:config
>search for javascript
>find javascript.enabled
>set to false
Wow, that was difficult
>>
>>61707646
The percentage alone might mean nothing by itself. The extensions designed to remedy fingerprinting add random bits of information (sometimes even to the image itself) to what would be your fingerprint without inferred from canvas rendering. The only way to circumvent this fingerprinting would be to change up this information on every load. I think Canvas Defender does this. If this salting process results in an unusual fingerprint, the percentage will be high, but the fingerprint is useless because it changes on every load (ideally).
>>
>>61711855
WTF, do you know how to read?
>The problem is some fucking websites doesn't work without JS, so disable completely JS block you 70% of websites...
>>
>>61709519
> GNU/Linux

come on...
>>
>>61709829
>0-ring os with network access
you won't make it buddy
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.