[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can my work see that I visit 4chan and if so how?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1491722554770.jpg (27KB, 294x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491722554770.jpg
27KB, 294x325px
Can my work see that I visit 4chan and if so how?
>>
Yes. There are a plethora or network edge monitoring solutions that can report and alert on anything you can think of. That said, your company doesn't give a shit unless someone complains about you.
>>
>>61703819
Come back after playing with Wireshark for a couple days
>>
If you browse on a pc at work then ya probably. Its fairly easy to monitor the network traffic of devices on your network. If its your personal computer at home, or a smartphone or something, then probably not. Unless you browse on it while connected to your company's wifi, but unless its a company phone I dont think they could really track it back to you, it would just show up as a random device on the network.
>>
>>61703819
Just use a VPN and do whatever you want. All connections will appear to go somewhere else.
>>
>>61703879
If op uses an rfid badge or fob to access the building I can tie his device to him in basically two door swipes.
>>
>>61703819
if you use their dns to resolve 4chan.org or any non crypted dns, yes.

otherwise not really, unless you're being mitm and accepting your corporate CA as valid, given that 4chan is behind cloudflare and as far as I know, SNI hasn't really kicked in yet. but once SNI is in, you're fucking ded kiddo.
>>
>>61703819
No shit retard?
>>
>>61703853
>>61703854
>>61703879
>>61703940
Here's my question.
4chan is behind cloudflare so the IP doesn't help them.
From what I can tell the certificates I get are valid. Is there a way to tell if they're faking certs from Google etc? Assuming they are then they can't see the HTTP request either.

>>61703931
How can I check if I'm using their DNS or a non-encrypted one?
>SNI
?
>>
>>61703973
what?

if you're sending dns queries as normal, they are going to the corporate AD shitbox one unless you tunnel them via SOCKS5, vpn or some other tunneling mechanism. I don't think DNSSEC provides any secrecy, only authentication of the results.

SNI basically means that you say very clearly in an unecrypted way what hose you are trying to connect to, so services like load balancers don't have to decrypt your shit, read your Host: some.tld and basically mitm services in order to send them down to the next node, crypted or otherwise

also check the CA chain and make sure there isn't a cert from "your meme company inc."
>>
>>61704172
So you can always see the hostname on https requests?
>>
>>61703819
Are you retarded? This is a serious question.

If you are using work hardware or work network, you must assume the answer is yes.
>>
>>61704195
if SNI is actually deployed in TLSv1.2 or the upcoming 1.3, ya. pretty much.
>>
>>61704212
Why does wiki say FF supports it since 2006? Is it just not used?
>>
>>61704254
i don't know. probably something something XP clients and muh TLSv1 and all the triple des and other shitshows involved with anything related.

└─> openssl s_client -servername 4chan.org -tlsextdebug -connect 4chan.org:443 2>/dev/null | grep "server name"
TLS server extension "server name" (id=0), len=0

anyhow it appears you're fucked. you can confirm with tcpdump, I'm too lazy to actually look right now but it appears server name is enabled on cloudflare and 4chan so ya. the cleartext host is always sent.
>>
>>61703853
jokes on you I connect to a VPN :^)
>>
>>61703819
https everywhere my man
>>
File: 1501731492509.jpg (257KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1501731492509.jpg
257KB, 1280x853px
Just disconnect from your office network and use a mobile hotspot from your phone when you want to use 4chan
>>
Easy answer: just make sure you're using https.
>>
>>61704416
This.
In plain HTTP they can monitor everything just by looking at the router.
Use HTTPS so they can only see the url but not the data passing through
>>
>>61704442
...unless he's using a corporate device which is sending traffic through a proxy that can mitm HTTPS using a trusted certificate
>>
>>61704484
Could you tell the certificate was funky?
>>
>>61704520
If your device trusts the corporate CA, then you'll have to dig. Just search "how to tell if your employer strips ssl" or some shit
>>
>>61704562
Won't it have a different name than usual?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.