[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AMD about to recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: the comeback.png (89KB, 1432x276px) Image search: [Google]
the comeback.png
89KB, 1432x276px
Is AMD about to recover?
>>
>>61685042
If they're finally hitting the steam charts, it means more gaymers are buying it. I can guarantee a lot more general PC users bought it than that.
>>
>>61685042
wont see any significant gains for amd for steam for at least another 2-3 years since most of the cpus/gpus on steam are mobile. AMD APUS wont come out till Q1 2018 and then itll take some time till enough people buy them for it to affect the steam charts
>>
File: 1501506319914.png (492KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501506319914.png
492KB, 900x600px
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/07/31/titan-xp-drivers-new-levels-of-performance-for-creative-professionals/

It's not so much that AMD is about to recover, but that Intel and NVidia are about to fall.
>>
>>61685042
Steam users all have outdated shittops.
>>
I was asked to do it today, on my Ryzen 1600
>>
>>61685042
I have personally only owned AMD systems since around 2003 (currently using R5), and I think it is unlikely AMD will (re)gain significant gaming market share, at least in the short term.

If Intel was still gaining market share even in June, at that point pretty far into Ryzen release, I think it should be pretty telling that Ryzen isn't significantly reversing the trend. Ryzen is good, but it isn't SO good that it is going to draw people back.

Check back in another 4 years.
>>
>>61686065
Steam only reflects a small cross section of PC users, primarily gamers.
>>
>>61686088
thats why its called a survey...
>>
>>61685384

>Year late 1080 at 345W

Yeah it's over, AMD won, everyone else burned to death.
>>
>>61685042

Unlikely those numbers are accurate. The people who actually build their own PCs and would buy Ryzen despite Intel shilling i7s would also be the same group that tells the Steam Hardware Survey to fuck off.

It's actually disabled by default now I think.
>>
>>61686088
Right, and the fact that all the OP posted was a picture of the steam survey and "AMD about to recover", it is implied that AMD's recovery is in reference to Steam users. That is what I targeted my response to.

For general computing, including mobile, servers, etc, AMD has been doing perfectly fine for a while and the Steam survey is the worst reflection of success.
>>
>>61686145
There are people who build their own PCs that will never take that survey. See >>61686216
>>61686204
Protip: He wasn't talking about MUH VIDYA there. Also the aircooled version is 295w.
>>
>>61686088
>Steam only reflects a small cross section of PC users, primarily gamers.

>Gamers
>Small

Time to wake up from your coma, sweety. It's not 2005 anymore. Any "consumer" (non-business) PC beyond $400 Dell prebuilt level is likely a gaming one.

No normies have computers anymore, they have phones and maybe laptops. You're so obsessed with your special snowflake "I hate video games" that you're delusionally imagining some massive consumer market for PCs that hasn't existed in a decade and every PC hardware sale numbers released reflect that massive downturn.
>>
>>61686229

If the people are picked randomly, then yes, it likely approximates reality quite closely depending on sample size.
>>
Interestingly, AMD control 1/5 of this market but certainly doesn't have 1/4 of Intel's revenue. If AMD wants to compete with Intel it'll be in mobile and enterprise not desktop.
>>
Intel is dying, AMD is rising
>>
>>61685042
No, just third world poorfags getting cheap FXs
>>
>>61686279
>AMD wants to compete with Intel it'll be in mobile and enterprise not desktop.
That's exactly what they are aiming for.
>>
>>61686088
A huge chunk of those are probably using laptops as well
>>
>>61686439
FX are down to #17 .. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
>>
File: steam intel craptops.png (71KB, 1068x389px) Image search: [Google]
steam intel craptops.png
71KB, 1068x389px
>>61686450
Behold! Craptops.
>>
>>61686452
>third world
>amazon
really makes you think
>>
>>61686461
For a better idea look at how many GPUs are integrated Intel, mobile Nvidia, or mobile AMD
>>
>>61686221
> For general computing, including mobile, servers, etc, AMD has been doing perfectly fine for a while...
> Practically zero marketshare and mindshare
> doing perfectly fine

Idiot.
>>
>GenuineIntel
>AuthenticAMD
>UnmistakeableVIA
>UnquestionableQualcomm
>LegitimatePowerPC
>Official6502
>>
>>61685310
cause surely steam survey that only gets triggered once YOU actually start it means so much about the actual sales of the cpu's .....
>>
>>61685042
Intel is a company that rips people off. If AMD can provide an acceptable substitute I would go with them no matter what.
>>
I think it's important to understand that there are a fuck ton of "gamers" that don't use steam at all. battle.net is fucking huge and there are tons of people that ONLY play Wow and ONLY play overwatch, even more that ONLY play league. Then you have competitors to steam with big games, like I don't think the battlefields are on steam.
I guess I'm a gamer, or was, I played WoW for like 600 days /played and quit like two years ago but I still have tons of online friends from it and almost none of them use steam yet they all do nothing with their computers but play games.
I suspect AMD is 100% making a come back just by virtue of the scalability of zen and Lisa Su. If they take some of their zen profits and get MCM GPUs working they will be on fucking fire. They did so much with so little I have faith.
>>
>>61686490
Or the number of sub-1080p monitor
>>
File: 1430687231218.gif (2MB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430687231218.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>>61685042
>20% vs 80%
>is AMD about to recover
>>
>>61688015
Forgot one
>Undoubtable MediaTek
>>
>>61688015
>PrettySureItsLogi
>MightBeAppleButLikelyChineseKnockoff
>>
>>61687766
have you seen the deals amd made since late 15 till now on enterprise?

tl dr you havent
the fact that amd opened 2 studios one in hollywood and one in london with the help of RED (which btw red has a monopoly on render farms...)shows how much
>>
>>61685042
>laptop survey
>>
>>61686461
>2.3 Ghz to 2.69 Ghz
>3.0 Ghz to 3.29 Ghz
>2.7 Ghz to 2.99 Ghz
lol
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.