[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, I need your help. I think I burned my gpu. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-front.png (616KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-front.png
616KB, 1000x580px
Alright guys, I need your help. I think I burned my gpu. It's a GTX 980. Long story short, stupid puppy peed on the power strip, and it started to fry before I could do anything. I tested everything on the computer, and it works fine without the gpu, with the monitor plugged in the motherboard, so the PSU isn't destroyed. I tested the card on a friend's PC and it doesn't work, so I guess it's trash.

My question is. Since the warranty hasn't expired. What do I tell the shop to convince them to replace it or give me my money back?
>>
>>61683200
>letting wild animals near your electronics
You deserve it, cuck.
>>
>>61683224
Not helping anon
>>
thats interesting that your computer at least seems to work otherwise and psu isnt totally shit, yet your gpu doesnt work
lol
>>
>>61683244
>hurr durr help me commit fraud
No. You broke it (by letting wild animals into your house), deal with it.
>>
>>61683200
Pay more attention to your pupper dude. Check his pecker for electrical burns.
>>
>>61683279
>>61683224
>le pets are wild animals
autism
>>
I don't want to talk about pets. I'm well aware that it's my fault, I am trying to commit fraud in a way, just asking for help doing it.
>>
>>61683371
Just tell em you got it like that.
>>
>>61683371
>I am trying to commit fraud in a way
don't.
Doesn't your home/renters insurance cover this? If you bought it by a credit card, perhaps they have an insurance policy within the first X days of purchase? (like American Express)
>>
check to see if your warranty covers it
if yes, replace it
if not, just get a new one

why isn't this in /sqt/
>>
>>61683371
Eat the loss and learn from your mistake.
>>
>>61683200
Why would you tell them anything? Your not an engineer, how could you know what happend? Just send it back and tell them the card stopped working while gaming. Thats it!
>>
Raise that dog, go outside and play with it
>>
>>61683200
>Long story short, stupid puppy peed on the power strip, and it started to fry before I could do anything.
Isn't urine a dielectric?
>Since the warranty hasn't expired. What do I tell the shop to convince them to replace it or give me my money back?
Tell them that it's broken, and you want them to change it. If they ask what's wrong with it say that it doesn't turn on. That's it.
>>
>>61686591
Honestly this, who knows if it was the dog to begin with.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.