[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, what is the best SSH client? And why is it moba?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Hi /g/, what is the best SSH client? And why is it moba?
>>
lol at any turboplebs using ssh still when mosh exists
>>
whats wrong with puTTY and openssh?
>>
>>61681609
everybody in the office makes fun of you behind your back if you ask to use anything other than Git Bash

>but you weren't planning to do any commits to the code base today anyway, were you, anon?
>>
wincuck gtfo
>>
It's amazing what lengths windows users will go to in order to use unix utilities like ssh, git, rsync and the GNU coreutils.
>>
>>61681651
putty is okay. Would be better if it had reasonable copy/paste support, but I guess that's a side effect of the windows console being garbage rather than putty, and I'd rather it stay lightweight.
>>
>>61681716
What? People on Windows don't use ssh clients because they want to use Linux tools. They use them because they are on Windows and want to access a remote Unix system.
>>
Moba is only good for multiexec on multiple machines, putty is less bloated
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>Moba
>>
>>61681651
They aren't hipster bullshit like moba or mosh. They've been around for more then a year or two so obviously they're uselessly old, we can't have the cool people in the startup scene seeing us using something that uncool.
>>
>>61681789
What's wrong with copy-paste on putty?
>>
>>61681627
Mosh uses SSH.
>>
>>61681609
>winshit
brainlet
>>
>>61681609
that looks fucking horrible
>>
>>61681802
Run a Linux VM.
>>
>>61681821
Both are right-click. To copy something, you have to highlight it, then right click, which will simultaneously paste it. It does copy it, at least.

(Or maybe I'm just a retard, if there's a better way to do it, please call me a retard and tell me the right way to copy/paste with putty)
>>
>>61681609
>he needs a special client to use something as simple as SSH
Haha, Winbabies make me laugh.
>>
>>61682045
Windows has native SSH via WSL in Windows 10.
They've been saying it was coming for years, but Putty is pretty based, so it was a low priority item.
>>
>>61682220
Old news. Every other OS on Earth has has this since forever ago.
>>
>>61681609
typing "ssh" into terminal followed by the port, username, and address
>>
>>61682274
pwnd by CIA
>>
File: rms_palm.jpg (38KB, 760x507px) Image search: [Google]
rms_palm.jpg
38KB, 760x507px
>>61681609
>Hi /g/, what is the best SSH client?
Uhm.. SSH?
>>
>>61681807
its shit even at that since they limited it to 4
>>
>>61682297
That'd be either ssh (lowercase, the tool) or OpenSSH (the project).
>>
>>61681819
MobaXTerm has been around since 2008.
>>
>>61681609
>moba
Just use the terminal or use putty if you're on windshit
>>
just use windows subsystem for linux w. openssh if you're on windows
>>
>>61681716
>what lengths windows users will go to

Clicking an exe?
>>
Windows: Git bash
Linux: terminal
>>
>>61681609
On windows its bitvise.
>>
>>61683631
look at that guy
>>
>>61681716
This isn't Gentoo where you have to recompile your kernel to install a program. Putty is as easy to use as the native tools in your toy os.
>>
>>61682284
explain
>>
>>61681989
The copy part is just highlighting, no meed to right click paste is right click.
>>
>>61681609
That shit is ugly and looks cluttered as fuck. Why would I use that?

Also

> implying that is the best SSH client

you really are a fag, huh OP?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.