[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RSS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>tfw the Associated Press got rid of their rss feeds

Anyone know any good news source for rss?
>>
Get off the internet, Grandpa.
>>
>>61681490
Sharing my opml file https://u.teknik.io/YbJw5.opml
>>
>>61681539
>implying rss isn't still amazing
This mentality is actually why AP is getting rid of their rss. They're moving everything to some new twitter or normiebook shit. Newfags please go
>>
By the way, I found SpaRSS is the only android app that can handle all my feeds
>>
What's a good android RSS app? I want to get one that will give me notifications with news.
>>
>>61683304
If you want a good open source rss reader flym or spaRSS is your best bet. If you want breaking news notifications get librenews - you'll get too many notifications if you set it up with your rss
>>
>>61683375
Even if I have just 3-4 feeds? Can I customize what news I get with librenews?
>>
>>61681490
>AP
>good
>>
>>61683477
What's your alternative nigger? Most news organizations get their shit from them or Reuters anyways, and reuters' feeds are shit.

>>61683414
I guess it depends on what feeds you have but any news feed will definitely be in the range of 30 to 55+ notifications per day if you have it on. Not sure if you can customize librenews, it's relatively new and I've found the default headlines to be perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1501596501315.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501596501315.png
174KB, 416x396px
>>61683243
>>61683304
>>61683375
>he does not host his own tt-rss instance

also have my opml as well
https://u.teknik.io/AbdFs.opml
>>
>>61683544
>watch local news
>stop reading retard ap shit and realize that 99% of those stories are irrelevant to your existence
>>
>>61683676
wow, I've never had anyone try to convince me to make myself dumber before. new experience.
>>
>>61683676
>knowing unimportant bullshit makes you smarter
>>
>>61683723
>implying that news is not constructed to facilitate (((particular))) conclusions profitable to the classes who propagate them
Anon's right. Choose your biases consciously.
>>
>>61683783
That's why I use rss. So I can easily get news from multiple different sources to minimize bias as much as is possible when getting news.

>>61683767
>being utterly uninformed about anything (including things that will affect me) will make me smarter
>>
>>61683817
That's why I said I watch (with a TV) my l o c a l news. Shit happening near me is more important that shit in Venezuela.
>>
>>61681539
>being able to have youtube subscriptions without a botnet account
>bad
Get off your phone, Timmy.
>>
>>61683836
>watching tv
Utter retard detected. Local news is nothing better than background noise. There has never been any significant event effecting me that was reported by the local news and not national news. Even if there was, why the fuck would I waste time watching tv for the news? Reading is more efficient, doesn't waste my time promising stories "after this commercial break" and has no ads. Moreover, if I wanted local news I'd just subscribe to a local news feed.

God damn your an retard.
>>
>>61683817
>That's why I use rss. So I can easily get news
you should try podcasts and web comics
>>
>>61683929
Never really found the appeal of podcasts personally. If I'm not doing anything I'd rather have a video to go along with it or I'd rather be flung something. If I am doing something else I'd find it easier to listen to music - inevitably I'll end up either focusing on what I'm doing and missing what they say in the podcast or I'll focus in the podcast and end up messing up what I'm doing. I imagine at least, never really listened to any.
>>
>>61683929
Oh, and I don't really care for any webcomics outside of making fun of them.
>>
>>61683900
>There has never been any significant event effecting me that was reported by the local news and not national news.
You live in one of the major cities?
>Local news is nothing better than background noise.
Good for going to sleep.
>doesn't waste my time promising stories "after this commercial break" and has no ads.
Who cares if it's just background noise?
>I'd just subscribe to a local news feed.
Then why not, instead of turning into some #notmypresident the-world-is-ending nigger?
>>
>>61683997
podcasts are great while commuting or playing games, not so good while reading other stuff or having to really focus
>>
File: DCcl6IYVoAAFPxK.jpg (42KB, 610x609px) Image search: [Google]
DCcl6IYVoAAFPxK.jpg
42KB, 610x609px
My OPML, mainly oriented around front-tend web development and design.

https://paste2.org/8f3HcLdN
>>
>>61683676
>>watch local news
oh you mean a daily listing of all the local violent crimes to fear monger you into watching more?
>>
>>61684049
The only thing I fear are California drivers.
>>
>>61684024
>You live in one of the major cities?
Yeah.
>Who cares if it's just background noise?
He was trying to convince me to just watch local news instead of using rss. I was just saying that tv news is a less efficient method of getting the news. I can't receive it at my own pace and they have time slots to fill, inevitably leading to something getting either shoved in or left out.
>Then why not, instead of turning into some #notmypresident the-world-is-ending nigger?
What are you even talking about? This all started when some guy said I was a retard for getting news from AP. I don't know where I've been "turning into some #notmypresident the-world-is-ending nigger?"
>>
>>61681490
>Anyone know any good news source
>>>/pol/
Everything you need
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.