[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hacking/Reverse Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: anonymous.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
anonymous.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
I am really into reverse engineering stuff, figuring out how it works and finding weakness in the system and sometimes making money in tjhose gray areas (unregulated). That means that nothing of the above is illegal, but you get my point.

My problem is, that I can't find people the similar talent that are not autism level over 9000 to share my similar interests. Most communities are edgy teenagers that downloaded some 2008 RAT and spread it to their friends. No legit communities that are into reverse engineering and breaking things apart to find problems and see how it works. No people with real skillset and passion for this..

It kinda makes me sad.
>>
Start one. I'll join.
>>
>>61669321
Just letting you know that you won't find what you are looking for here.
>>
>>61669348

Would love to, but at the same time it would be hard to tell leeches apart, people that just looking for stuff like "How to hack facebook account" vs actual people that have a skillset, they can contribute and also learn something.

>>61669349
This is a discussion/brainstorming thread, not here to recruit to some Illuminati clan.
>>
>>61669321
The worst part is, it's hard enough online, let alone irl.
>>
>>61669321
I'm really interested in that but I have no clue where to start.

I fucked around quite a bit with the CheatEngine debugger on Windows and I know Assembly but that's it.

Any book recommendations or something to learn?
>>
If I weren't seriously fucking allergic to x86 I'd probably be doing quite well with it professionally.
t.autism level approx 8860
>>
>>61669321

I doubt you're that skilled or you'd have find your place around bugtrackers and security mailing lists, there is plenty of knowledge on reports disclosed everyday.

>>61669497

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley

You can find many of them in pdf.
The Shellcoder's Handbook is a nice start, you may skip the cryptographic ones.
>>
What if we create a Slack team
>>
>>61669321
Two words:

The Feds
>>
>>61669672
>>61669497

Well apparently that book bundle promotion is over, but you can see what was in the list here; first coment:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14791255
>>
>>61669672
>I doubt you're that skilled or you'd have find your place around bugtrackers and security mailing lists, there is plenty of knowledge on reports disclosed everyday.

Bugtrackers and security mailing lists you mean of open source projects?

You def sound skilled. You ever followed a bugtracking mailing thread? It's all about trivial and stupid issues. Autistic adults are power tripping over whose opinion dominates.
>>
>>61669705
IRC and I am down
>>
>>61669924

Bugtrackers and security mailing lists you mean of open source projects?

Yes, they are mostly crash reports and cve assignments and there is few arguing, but it is enough to help people that wants to learn. I agree they are not a place to meet or share conversations. I think it's hard to find communities because people are really busy and security in general is a very hard and individual work.

Perhaps you should check for CTF teams, I don't know how it is to be or to get on them.
>>
>>61669672
Currently looking for these in a torrent. I missed the deadline last night.
>>
>>61669321
>No legit communities that are into reverse engineering and breaking things apart to find problems and see how it works. No people with real skillset and passion for this..

LoL. I'm just a mediocre dude and I was watching C3 talks a few years ago where people were probing TPM chips with needles and homemade electron microscopes and shit. There are people who are building satellite scanning hardware from surplus naval gimbaled parabolic dishes.

Are you some kind of fucking fed fresh from your first defcon looking to scrape up some low hanging fruit?
>>
>>61669722
>>61669349
The only two facts in this thread.

The main attraction point about being apart of the feds is the instant access to deep resources for acquiring a greater understanding. The trade off is you're tied at the hip for government/public services.
>>
>>61669672
>>61669765
This should be the entire bundle in pdf mobi and epub
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BxjfG1ciaDj4RWgwMHBzN0RnWlU
>>
As a brainlet, this thread makes me nervous.
>>
>>61670782
thanks anon, i'll check it out
>>
>>61670811
No worries, they are brainlets just like you.
>Jimmy wants to be a hacker, but feds (his mom) won't let him
Embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>61669321
>talks about reverse engineering like it's 'hacking'

You just persuade people to do something you fucking cum stain. Not impressive.
>>
Makes you sad?

You're surprised you're not meeting people who lie on the internet about making money from reverse engineering/hacking?

You probably work in a gas station.
>>
>>61669321
checkout ax0nes.com

founded by DarkCoderSC

if you dont know this name do not apply
>>
>>61669321
OP, get on slack, irc, Twitter, etc. It's really not hard to find people with your interests. And probably stop using retarded guy fawkes images of you want to be serious or be taken seriously.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.