[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build For My Father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bots_everywhere.png (245KB, 817x711px) Image search: [Google]
bots_everywhere.png
245KB, 817x711px
An i7 2600k, Z77 Sabertooth TUF and 32GB of DDR3 16gb are left over from my brother's upgrade to Ryzen 7 1700x and the DDR4 RAM platform.

How long, since my brother never overclocked or overheated his 2600k, should I expect on a relatively unused Seasonic power supply and Asus motherboard to last for a Windows productivity build? We're talking at the maximum a YouTube video at 720p, if that. In general, I'm curious as to the longevity of current hardware at absolutely base minimum usage. Excel and Word users especially welcome.
>>
It's tough to say. I have an operational 10+ year old rig with all original parts. Others built around the same time had various component failures--PSU and RAM come to mind, neither lost under any stress. All of this applies to newer computers too.
>>
I have a core2duo/4gb/ssd/9800gt still working that my mom uses for Photoshop and illustrator, it's OK. Yours could last 5 years on demanding work, maybe 10 on easy work
>>
atk/str/def lvl?
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (891KB, 1359x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
891KB, 1359x767px
Whip up an AM1 build if you'd prefer new parts, you can keep it under 100$ pretty easily.
But if youre content with the condition of your older parts, yeah, that shit will be fine for a long time.

A sempron 3850, ecs mini itx am1 mobo, 4gb of ddr3, cheap psu/case/storage will be like 100 bucks and will be enough for 1080p streaming, shitposting, etc

With a GT 710 thrown in it, mine plays skyrim in 720p at medium/high settings at 30fps
>>
File: Screenshot_16.png (1MB, 993x650px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_16.png
1MB, 993x650px
>>61669352
not great
>>
>>61669638
>eoc
why do you torture yourself like this anon
>>
>>61669791
i dont play enough where the rs3 features really bother me, i just turned off eoc combat features and stuck with the oldschool UI, so im basically left with graphical improvements and stupid HP and damage values
dont get me wrong, i loved RS2, but for me there wasnt much difference and i didnt want to restart from scratch
>>
>>61669034
shit from the 80s still works.
the only reason most computers failed is the chinks made bad electrolytic capacitors from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s. the caps in the power supplies and on the motherboards failed causing either immediate inoperability or even worse, stopped smoothing the electric and allowed little power surges to damage more critical components.

hopefully we are past that now. Id expect it to last many years.
>>
>>61669080
It gets pretty random, I have a Pentium Pro that's still alive after near constant use. Have it as a NAS currently.
>>
>>61670249
Isn't 90% of the map dead content anyway?
Every time i log in and walked around for a bit I felt like i was the only player online
even the grand exchange is fucking deserted compared to 2008
>>
>>61670249
>didn't want to restart from scratch
>613 total

lmfao
>>
>>61669352
99/99/99
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.