[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me be a hacker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: C3gv6QYVcAAWfZi.jpg (56KB, 1014x609px) Image search: [Google]
C3gv6QYVcAAWfZi.jpg
56KB, 1014x609px
Okay anons. I was going through my spam folder and I saw a weird email. It looked like it was from my mom but the domain was some weird clown shit website. As far as I know, my mom isn't a clown.

But the email was sent to several people my mom has contacted before. Some are her contacts but some aren't. How would someone gain access to this? Why wouldn't they use all of her contacts?
>>
>>61667912
Gain access to what retard
>>
>>61668024
To her contact list
>>
>>61667912

See if your mom's computer has a virus. This is common sense.
>>
she probably got phished or something old people are dumb
>>
>>61668080
True it might be but why would certain contacts be chosen?
>>
>>61668101
this is a possibility
>>
File: pepe.jpg (14KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
14KB, 216x234px
Okay so this is getting spooky.

The recipients were all people that she emailed within the year.
Her chromebook was stolen. But the only recipients were the ones contacted before it was stolen.

I just checked her account access page, and it was accessed by a chromebook on the day the spam email was sent. It just logged in an hour ago.

WTF is going on
>>
File: 1464562451354.gif (325KB, 230x129px) Image search: [Google]
1464562451354.gif
325KB, 230x129px
>>61668101

More accurately it is 'spear phishing' where some cunt pretends to be related to/know you in a personal way.

Either that or your moms into kinky clown shit.

any indication what the emails about?
>>
>>61668701
Sadly, the link in the email was dead. It was just a link. All I have to go by is the domain name right now. The IP address didn't show up on the yahoo account access
>>
>>61668415
Have your mom change her fuckin password.
>>
>>61667912
you're retarded
your mom got phished for her email info and she gave it away
they used her email and contacts to phish more people and get more info
simple basic (((hacking))) 101
make your mom change her email password and probably her security questions too
then have her send an email to all contacts explaining that that particular email is not to be trusted

>>61668415

it's also possible her info was accessed through the chromebook because the email can be linked to it

just don't reply to the email, click any links, or provide any information and you'll be fine 8 times out of 10 people get your info because you gave it them yourself
>>
>>61671290
>>>61667912 (OP)
>you're retarded
>your mom got phished for her email info and she gave it away
>they used her email and contacts to phish more people and get more info
>simple basic (((hacking))) 101
>make your mom change her email password and probably her security questions too
>then have her send an email to all contacts explaining that that particular email is not to be trusted
>>>61668415
>it's also possible her info was accessed through the chromebook because the email can be linked to it
>just don't reply to the email, click any links, or provide any information and you'll be fine 8 times out of 10 people get your info because you gave it them yourself

Use two factor authentication in your Google account, op...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.