[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google just won the browser wars forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: google-chrome-adblocker.png (61KB, 533x717px) Image search: [Google]
google-chrome-adblocker.png
61KB, 533x717px
Chrome for Android will now ship with an adblocker.

Reminder that Firefox has less than 1% of marketshare on mobile, the only platform that matters in 2017+.
>>
>>61667533
>((((some))))
>>
>>61667533
>mobile, the only platform that matters
Where did everything go so wrong? Why do consumers value convenience over all else?
>>
>>61667533
FIREKEKS BTFO
>>
>>61667548
Normal people just want to browse their social media and see cat pictures while commuting or taking a crap. People aged 20 and younger now see you as a sicko if you spend more than 5 minutes in front of an old-fashioned computer/laptop if not for work/school.
>>
>>61667533
Except brave already does this and chrome will gimp their own adblocker for Google ads
>>
>blocked from some sites
google is now monopolizing ads too lmao
>>
>>61667533
>Chrome for Android will now ship with an adblocker.
Chrome will only block non-Google ads. Google's own ads will be allowed.

HELLO ANTI-TRUST!

I hope they fucking do it. I wanna see those jews get sued.
>>
I wouldn't a browser if I couldn't use Firefox in android. lol, on mobile Chrome is a forcefed, limited piece of trash.
>>
>>61667545
BODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>61667803
A YOUNG BOY
>>
File: Screenshot_20170801-034641.png (1011KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170801-034641.png
1011KB, 1440x2560px
It doesn't block Google ads, which are literally only ads you see without an adblocker and renders itself useless.
>>
No comment. Really though.

fbfounder.Native
>>
this is the most retarded thing I've ever seen
>I can just add adblock
>Firefox already did that
>It's not a proper adblock
>>
>>61667888
Firecucks is slow as fuck on mobile, especially if you add extensions.
>>
>>61667762
>>61667746
>>61667849
How long until they get another lawsuit over this?
>>
>>61668428
>How long until they get another lawsuit over this?
Hopefully soon.

EU fined them $2.7 billion ofr ads only and now they will fine them few more billions for Android and other violations

Fuck that company. They're pure evil. Hope the FTC charges them now that corrupt Obama;s out of the office.
>>
Meh I just run Firefox and ublock
>>
>>61667762
They'll just exclude the EU and block competitor ads in the rest of the world. It's the same shit Microsoft pulled with Windows.
>>
>>61668972
that shit will be illegal even in the US. expect adtech to go nuts and start lobbying. this time they want be able to buy off White House.
>>
>>61669217
I doubt anything significant will come of it. Google can outlobby anyone except Apple.
>>
File: 1471525228586.jpg (142KB, 670x911px) Image search: [Google]
1471525228586.jpg
142KB, 670x911px
>>61669418
Not anymore.

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/22/googles-remarkably-close-relationship-with-the-obama-white-house-in-two-charts/
>>
I suspect "fuckadblock" devs will have easy time with this considering they have more incentive over it.
>>
>>61668512
>Hope the FTC charges them now that corrupt Obama;s out of the office.

You're hoping a government run by a pro-business party (Republicans) that doesn't believe in government regulating business will regulate businesses more than the previous administration, comprised of a party (Democrats) that is criticized by the current ruling party for wanting to regulate private businesses?
>>
>>61669577
Republicans went after MS as well.
>>
Lol, 90% of the webs ads are provided by Google AdSense. Why the fuck would Google block their main source of revenue.

They'll most likely just block ads from other networks which aren't partnered with Google. And since other networks are clickbait tier shit anyway I have absolutely no problem with it.

Google actually has one of the least instrutive ads compared to other ad networks. Mostly text based shit with that little arrow button next to it, sometimes even html 5 world of tanks type ads (but those are atleast fun to play with).
>>
>>61669704
>plays with ads
Jesus Christ
>>
>>61669745
I'm talking about those HTML5 canvas interactive ads that usually feature little minigames like shooting tanks etc. before the big "Play Now" button appears. They're kinda fun when you forgot what the fuck you were doing just a few seconds ago.
>>
>>61667762

Google ads are not intrusive and don't suck general.

Much better than you have 5 vairuses in your phone, hello hottie want to fuck me i live near you or one weird trick to cure aids ads.
>>
>>61669880
>Google ads are not intrusive and don't suck general.

All ads on a phone are intrusive. You don't have enough screen real estate for them to not be.
>>
>>61669880
>Google ads are not intrusive and don't suck general.
here's 50 rupees for you poojeet
>>
>>61668766
This.

I couldn't care less about market share, I just care about how well it blocks ads -- all ads.
>>
>>61667533
>Implying that Google won't get sued to a oblivion if they use adblock but white list google ad.
>>
>>61667707
Normies gamers too neither than autistic /g neets
>>
>>61667533
>>61667553
Firefox is really good on Android and has had adblocks for ever.
>>
Hopefully this means the end of those pop-ups / redirectors that make your phone vibrate and shit.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.