[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen ts/6qlbyb/the_gigabyte_m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: epic_lulz.png (138KB, 336x326px) Image search: [Google]
epic_lulz.png
138KB, 336x326px
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6qlbyb/the_gigabyte_msi_x399_motherboard_manuals_are/

>X399 DOES NOT SUPPORT NVME RAID AT ALL

>THEY FELL FOR THE POORIPPER MEME
>>
>>61652240
>NVME RAID

Lol
>>
>>61652240
Under what circumstance do you need an nvme drive in RAID?

At least you dont need to buy keys from AMD for RAID 5 and 1. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>61652240
Fail. Nvme drives have dropped substantially in price as of late too.
>>
Who the fuck uses motherboard RAID?
Just use mdadm or zfs.
>>
>>61652240
so what?

hardware raid is fucking shit. I trust my data to actual software written and consistently updated by professionals and has source available for audit and educational purposes.
>>
Isn't this the thing you need a raid key from Intel for?
Literally no one is going to use it anyways
>>
>>61652240
>does not support nvme raid
Literally what?
And how does this suddenly make my cheaper, higher-clocked, higher-core-count CPU better than your Pajeet Inside(tm) processor?
>>
>>61652240
show me one (1) instance of a person raiding their NVMe drives
hard mode: no LinusShillTips
>>
File: yamete-kermit.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
yamete-kermit.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>61652240
>I will voluntarily forego some of the best and fastest filesystems and logical managers and put my data at risk to gain a slight amount of speed for knowing fuck-all and opt for...
>>>>>>>>>>>>Hardware RAID
>>
EPYC supports it though, so firmware differences?
>>
File: 1491292517006.jpg (14KB, 188x181px) Image search: [Google]
1491292517006.jpg
14KB, 188x181px
>>61652436
Yeah, i have to admit i'm always amused by how many brainlets have suddenly accrued PhD level computer architecture understanding of multi-core CPUs and how many have become super computing users over the last 5 years even though they're likely only playing vidya and watching movies.
>>
>>61652240

>NVME RAID

Why exactly would you need this?

You shouldn't be storing anything important enough for redundancy on a fucking NVME drive (Especially not M.2 ones).
>>
>>61652436
intel shills will grasp at anything to made AMD look bad after getting btfo by ryzen and let down by skylake.
>>
>>61652389
This, or actual cloud server stuff which ultimately has an even better approach to distributed-ness and redundancy.
>>
>not using Raid-Z
>blaming AMD for MSI manufacturing
>>
>>61652240
Wow, didnt even knew this was a thing. Tell me the real world applications of such unsafe technology?
>>
I need NVMe RAID (1) because when I work in two countries and one of those countries has a new policy that makes border sec ask for my laptop and make me input all the passwords, so I carry the SSD, attach it to the identically configured machine, restore, and keep using my machine
>>
>>61652354
>he doesn't want 8gGBps r/w speeds
imagine having ram on a pci e lane
>>
>>61653465
imagine using a pcie to sata adapter with SSDS in ZFS
>>
>>61652868
Brainlets be like :
> We enterprise Data center now
> mfw they know fuck all about how to configure or spec such systems and it shows

> You shouldn't be storing anything important enough for redundancy on a fucking NVME drive (Especially not M.2 ones).
I remember when RAID was discovered by brainlets back in the day...
> So what raid are you running? RAID 0,2,3,5,7?
Anon, what are you using RAID for?
> To load adobe photoshop faster, moar fps, and to protect my mp3s

> Frantic phone call from brainlet : Help, one my disks just crashed and I lost everything
What RAID were you running anon? 0,2,3,5,7....
>>
So people are crying that AMD doesn't pay up for using an Intel technology?
>>
>>61654010
Comment from across the web :

>I do a lot of stuff that is memory bandwidth heavy, I want to do a PCIE RAID NVME setup for my VM work and to run disk heavy games

Aka a brainlet who has no reasoned use for this.
>>
where were you when nvme raid was kill?
>>
do you honestly think people share your sentiment when you post these retarded images and nonsensical text
>poopeepeepoo
kill yourself worthless idiot
>>
File: 1489160516428.png (245KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
1489160516428.png
245KB, 800x612px
>>61652893
NO SHUT UP
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.