[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women In Tech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: 1491599606850.jpg (226KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491599606850.jpg
226KB, 1200x900px
>Data in the last twenty years shows the general trend of girls outperforming boys in academic achievement in terms of class grades across all subjects and college graduation rates, but boys scoring higher on standardized tests and being better represented in the higher-paying and more prestigious STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math).[5]

how do we fix the tech industry from discriminating against women like we did with universities?
>>
>>61649136

How could boys score higher on standardized tests if they're being outperformed?
>>
Get the fuck out tranny shill
>>
>>61649175
Delete this right now.
>>
>>61649136
Being able to perform the job properly is a start.
>>
Women are objectively less capable than men in these lines of work.
They'll be happier at home living the house life, deal with it and stop dictating what women should want you fucking sexist bigot.
>>
>>61649319

Why are you thinking this ? I know a fair bit of female programmers and they aren't bad at all.
>>
>>61649348
They aren't great either they are mediocre at best.
Is it wrong to speak the truth now a days? Holy christ fuck you no wonder the world is falling apart you can't even challenge these basic lies anymore.
>>
>>61649136
>better grades
yeah sucking off the professors after class

explains why the boys do better on standardized tests
>>
>>61649382
What is falling apart ?

And man cannot be mediocre too ?
>>
>>61649453
Men can be mediocre but it's most of the time they are either retarded or savant, less so in between.
The world is falling apart and no one seems to care.
Fuck it let it burn.
>>
>>61649494
There will always be retards, in men or in women. Now how is the world falling appart ? It's kinda stupid to generalize things like that.
>>
>>61649175
Grades depend more on submitting work on time, increasingly less to do with quality work. It's like social studies classes, there's usually no "correct" answer, all you have to do is the coursework. Most HS programming assignments are prewritten and you just have to debug them rather than build something on your own.
>>61649494
What do you have against the world falling apart? Are you ableist or something? People have lived alternative and impoverished lifestyles for millenia and it worked just fine for them.
>>
>>61649382
you don't have to be particularly smart just to be a programmer. if you're doing architecture then yeah you need to be pretty bright
>>
>>61649620
at least in computer science the professor can just slap a 0 on it if it doesn't compile
>>
>>61649175
Simple, teacher fe fe vs. standardized tests.
>>
>>61649136
All I see is the few women that DO go into STEM fields getting gobbled up with 1.5x my salary the moment they leave uni. I'm sure the companies have good intentions but its difficult to deal with after 10 years of people telling me women were disadvantaged in STEM.
>>
>>61649136
This should be in >>>/pol/ but "women in stem" rustles my jimmies so fiercely I seriously want to choke lawmakers who push this trash.

There are three reasons "women in stem" is retarded.
1.Dumb feminists and women who push for "women in stem" don't push for "women in other fields that are also predominantly men" such as construction, longshoremen, electricians, mechanics, firefighters, etc. This is sexist, but they don't notice it because these jobs aren't at a desk. What bothers me most is these jobs pay well, and a lot of them are backed by unions and these jobs don't need a BS/MS and these jobs would be glad to hire women for their gender quotas. Women are simply going for cushy jobs that pay well.

2.Women are biologically inclined to pursue "women" jobs, such as nurses, teachers, and secretaries. Don't believe me? See [1]. Basically, two studies were conducted in Finland. I could be wrong about the country but it doesn't matter as you will see. One study proclaimed Finland as the most egalitarian country in the world: If a man wanted to be a nurse, he could. Similarly, if a woman wanted to be an engineer, she could. The second study found out that 90% of nurses were female, and 90% of engineers were male. So in a country where a person is free to pursue any job they want, they choose what their biology tells them to. Also in [1] you can see how people who "study" gender studies almost literally say "our model of gender doesn't have room for biology" but I'm digressing a little. The point is that when a man or a woman can choose any job they want, they choose what their biology tells them to.

3.This is my favorite reason why I hate "women in stem". I don't care if you're white, black, indian, asian, male, female, attack helicopter, self identify as a male USB port, gay, or even jewish. Competence. That's it. Competence matters more than race or gender. This is why I hate "women in stem" the most.
Fuck char limit.

[1]https://vimeo.com/19707588
>>
>>61649136
That bitch has the look of someone who has never accomplished any actual thing in her life and complains for a living.
>>
>>61649136

The women in my CS department are so disadvantaged. They've got 15 different scholarships they can apply for, I mean how do they expect them to have the time to apply to all of them? Especially between the free women only paid lunches they have twice a week, where do they find the time?
>>
>>61649743
I like this guy
>>
Women do well in the meme degrees, which is the majority of courses offered at universities. Meanwhile in Physics and maths most women drop out after their first year.
>>
>>61649998
Source ?
>>
>>61649743
>they don't notice it because these jobs aren't at a desk
bingo. i'm as lefty as they come but its SO obvious this shit is a scam.
this is being pushed because they see that men have a monopoly on jobs that involve being on a computer all day (which means getting paid to facebook, tumblr, etsy, pinterest) and they want in on the action. same reason why this narrative is pushed in the music industry (a "career" that involves social media, drugs, and attention). when women start pushing to elect female shop stewards, i'll believe it's truly for equality.
>>
>>61649136
Lol how about Real life tests and in a real life setting?
>>
>>61649743
The day we take down Unions the better.
>>
>>61650163
You missed my point entirely. Also, I specifically mentioned those jobs because they're both easier to get into than stem and can pay very well. Whether these jobs earn good pay because of unions or not is not relevant.
>>
File: pepa.png (254KB, 394x476px) Image search: [Google]
pepa.png
254KB, 394x476px
>>61649136
>when your entire career is based off of "oh Im a woman where am I"
>>
>>61649136
There is no matching the ambition of a smart guy with something to prove. If he doesn't have status, he doesn't have anything.
>>
>>61649762
So you're saying she's probably here with us right now.
>>
>>61649175
Where I went to high school, they were called participation grades. Around 30% of your final grade was based on being a good goy during class.
>>
>>61649743
What are you some kind of a nazi or something?
>>
>>61649136
Males are sometimes insecure about their work, fix men first.
>>
it's like these days every model that appears in an intersec (formerly insex) video has been to an engineering school or spent some time working as programmers. Kills your boner instantly.
>>
>>61649175
Probably the same way a barely literate negro can submit a PowerPoint presentation and a speech with malformed English, terrible subject matter and a complete lack of sources and get the highest grade in my course. The same grade myself and a few others worked tirelessly for.

Pure coincidence.
>>
>>61649620
>>Grades depend more on submitting work on time

Why do men submit work on time more than women? Don't you think this contributes to higher wages?

I know for sure I wouldn't hire a woman who couldn't show up to work on time or finish projects on time, why is completing your work in a shorter amount of time not valued as being a better worker?
>>
>>61654038
because perfection cannot be rushed you faggot
>>
>>61651467
>Women aren't represented equally enough in cushy IT design jobs
>Women aren't represented well enough in high-paying managerial jobs
>Women are discriminated against so they can't succeed in the engineering industry
>Women's proportion in shit plumbing, skin-peeling roofing and dangerous trucking is perfect as is BUT that doesn't mean we shouldn't have more women presented as strong builders in media
>>
>>61649739
Damn anon, you totally ate up the "salary gap", "we need feminism" and other SJW memes.
>>
>>61649743
hm, I'm a lefty and I do agree completely with points 1 and 3, but I'm not sure point 2 is the most convincing. It's hard to state that there are no societal pressures towards genders roles and jobs even in the most egalitarian of societies, as there are still historical biases and pressures towards what genders "should" do which jobs. A significant majority of one gender in a field is already a social pressure, and in a truly egalitarian society where there is no pushback against this (which I believe should happen), this can affect the career selection of individuals. As such, despite equal opportunity, people may be reluctant to choose certain jobs for social reasons, such as a male not wanting to take nursing due to the stigmatization of it being seen as a "feminine" career. Therefore, I believe that point 2 cannot be chalked up solely for biological reasons.

And before I get called a raging SJW, I do not support the "women in stem" movement. I believe that the correct path for society is a truly egalitarian system where race, gender, and sexuality are completely moot points in jobs that do not require those traits, and as such we should not be pushing for a divide by highlighting the achievements of anybody solely for those traits.
>>
>>61654016
Details needed
>>
>>61654188
You could be right. I would highly recommend you watch the video I linked. But you didn't come off as a raging faggot filled with malice and hate, so I'll tell you a good scene I remember.

There were two studies highlighted by the video. The first study grabbed toddlers. Aged 3 or 4 iirc. The researchers laid out "boy toys" and "girl toys". The children, individually, were allowed to choose whatever toys they wanted. Long story short, boys went to boy toys, girls went to girl toys, no big surprise. The gender study folks in the video said what you did.

>Oh, of course they went to those toys. They've already been contaminated by society.
>Get younger kids.

So another study was done with 6 month old babies. No way they could reasonably be tainted by society at that age. Same results. That's when the gender studies people said something along the lines of "Our model of gender doesn't have room for biology".

I recommend the video a lot. It was eye opening.

I'm just going to watch it again. Hopefully the thread isn't dead by the time I finish.
>>
>>61654188
>>61654339
Well, I was horribly wrong. The kids weren't 3 or 4 years old, and then 6 month old babies.

They were 9 months old, and then the younger babies were 1 day old. Also, this wasn't one or two studies, the doctor in the video has been doing this for a long time. They don't say how long, but it seems to be at least 10 years.
>>
>>61649136
No. It's obvious that men who go into academia are intellectually superior to their female counterparts. The current education system is designed to produce mindless hive mentally slaves. Men don't want that. The education system should be more individualised. Women on the other hand are submissive whores, terrified of social exclusion and prone to be agreeable to ridiculous lengths. The reason men are outperformed is because they see through all the bullshit and they stick it to the man. Since high paying positions imply a certain level of autonomy and egocentrism, mane fare better in those mediums.
>>
>>61655033
The only sexual discrimination is done to young men that are stuck in education systems that don't fulfil their needs. But that's fine. Hardship hardens the man.
>>
>>61654188
Obviously everyone should be able to make their own choices. But any choice you make is based on preexistent conditions. Biology is one of such vectors. As it can be seen in the source that the previous anon presented. There are innate biological tendencies that are developed while the individual is still in the womb. Although trends and statistics should never dictate the way one approaches others at an individual level, they are nonetheless relevant to society as a whole. The places with the most women going for stem fields are developing countries that don't culturally suppress women ( i.e. China,). This is because "feminine" jobs pay to little so women, some of them at least, chose to go for the high paying position regardless of their wishes. Otherwise, paradoxically, in places where women are truly equal to men ( i. E. Scandinavia), statistically, the behavioural differences between genders deepen. This is because in such places femininity is respected and not punished economically, making it a viable option for women.
>>
>Data in the last twenty years shows the general trend of girls outperforming boys in academic achievement

Irrelevant so long as the boys keep being the ones producing actual shit for society and innovating for it. Grades don't mean shit, while a neckbeard sitting into a chair and autistically creating what will become a popular program over a month of secluded cave-work, or drawing some tech that will be produced, is the very definition of meaning.

>how do we fix the tech industry from
Better things to do than waste one's time on irrelevant people and irrelevant shit, like working to pay the bills and bring food on the platter for the family (a responsibility feminists will never experience).
>>
>>61649673
I remember reading an article where teachers anonymously admit they mark boys worse than girls.

Because they are "sick" of teenage boys. To be fair, who likes dealing with teenage boys.
>>
File: 1499590121291.jpg (44KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499590121291.jpg
44KB, 539x960px
>>61649136
The tech industry is not discriminating against women. Women are just stupid. Universities have lowered their expectations through affirmative action so that women and minorites can get degrees. Once they go out into the real world and have to design a bridge or oversee the manufacturing process of silicon wafers, they can't do it because that watered down education didn't prepare them for it. Shut up, sit down, and let the straight white men run the world for you.

>>61649175
They're not being outperformed. The teachers are discriminating against them through affirmative action, which creates equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. Equality itself has become a code word for push down one group of people to give another an artificial edge over them.

>>61652412
I am, and I wouldn't be if it wasn't for feminism, BLM, and cancer like it.
>>
>>61649136
Step 1: ban all pumping off.
Step 2:
>>
File: 1501031860161.png (311KB, 652x669px) Image search: [Google]
1501031860161.png
311KB, 652x669px
>>61649348
On Wednesdays we code <3 XD
>>
>>61649136
If girls are so good, why don't they become entrepreneurs?
>>
>>61655487
Even the well-behaved teenage boys lose: shy girls get B+ grades and shy boys receive C-/D.
>>
File: 1485494472594.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1485494472594.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
>mfw people think equality means equality of outcome

really fires my almond complex
>>
File: 1448224497003.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448224497003.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>>61649136
>>
>>61649136
>how do we fix the tech industry
We don't. Who the fuck are you that i should waste my money, time, energy, and life on your initiatives and interests?
>>
b-but my qt traps with programmer socks are fine r-right...
>>
>>61649739
Yeah I saw it with the girls that did eng at my Uni. My male mates in the field were looking at 60-70k AUD out of uni, couple of the girls snagged 90+. Guess who had better grades?
>>
>>61656174
They pay extra for blowjobs, so that's fine.
>>
>>61655601
I can't code, but how are you exactly supposed to multiply without using *?
>>
>>61656272
for/while/do or recursion with sum
>>
>>61656272
a for loop
>>
>>61649136
There's a difference between being good at school and being good at work. I've seen complete jackasses pull straight A's but be totally dysfunctional at life.
>>
>>61649136
lowering the standars to the point of being a worthless paper? like you did with universities
>>
>>61655601
I just love this meme
and a fact that it's not just a meme at all
>>
>>61656272
ever heard of the loops?
>>
Before you reply, know that this is a bait thread
>>>/int/77791831
>>>/int/77791831
>>>/int/77791831
>>
donald shithead fuckface nigger cunt hitler bog shit toilet is not my president
>>
>>61649494
That's not correct. That's from a study that pitted young girls against boys, in an age group where boys may or may not be going through puberty and girls likely have started already. It was fixed to give girls an advantage
>>
>>61656272
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplication_algorithm#Shift_and_add
>>
>>61659470
girls are not women
boys are not men
>>
>>61649136
women major in gender shit and early childhood education
men shouldnt be held accountable for their choices even if blaming men for everything is hard coded in their psychology
>>
>>61649544
Pajeet leave
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.