[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'A Keurig, but for food'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.jpg (65KB, 584x575px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65KB, 584x575px
Tell me /g/, will this ever catch on? Surely it will do better than Juicero, right?

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/891690855521583105
>>
>>61646067
"the ____ of _____" is code phrase for garbage.
>>
nigga its a microwave
>>
File: glorifiedmicrowave2.png (337KB, 582x575px) Image search: [Google]
glorifiedmicrowave2.png
337KB, 582x575px
poorfags out
>>
So, this essentially reads the package instructions ("cook x minutes at y degree") for me?
I mean, I'm still doing most of the work. I unwrap food, put it in the thing and later arrange it on a plate. All it does is using the right time/temperature without me having to read a package description.
And it does so by using the internet.

Great.
>>
Money and resources being wasted on solving non-problems.

Why. What is wrong with being fresh ingredients and cooking them...its not like its hard.
>>
>Uses a shit load of plastic packaging for overpriced food
>Is essentially a smart microwave

At least it's programmable, making it not a total waste as long as you don't buy any of the pre-packaged garbage food they're selling you.

Funny that the foods that they used to demonstrate the product are trivial to make. Broccoli, rice, and salmon. You can make the first two parts without much effort. Stick in boiling water, wait until done. Salmon isn't too difficult to cook either, though it requires a little more attention.

Anyone who is poor or middle class will find that $12 a meal is outrageous (at that price range, you could be eating out) and the device for regular cooking is likely outclassed by every other appliance in their kitchen. Rich people on the other hand, have better solutions to not wanting to cook, and the carbon footprint of all of this packaging is not going to make them look good for their peer group. I can't see this catching on very well in any market.

>>61646238

>Money and resources being wasted on solving non-problems.
Can you think of a better way for rich people to launder money?
>>
>>61646067
But we already have soylent.
>>
>>61646067
Price/packaging aside I kind of like the idea of ingredient delivery services particularly for rural areas. But the device itself is just no
>>
>>61646198
>>61646220
>>61646741
That's not a microwave you dumbasses, it's a toaster oven.
>>
>>61646067
lol that's not REAL FOOD
https://www.rich-piana.com/en/bodybuilding-lifestyle-meal-plan-2
>>
>some broccoli and slice of fish
>a meal

Nigga I need 4x that just to get full
>>
>>61648520
We get it, you're obese. No need to imitate mcdonalds and advertise.
>>
>>61646856
IT'S PEOPLE!!!!! YOUR EATING PEOPLE!!!!!
>>
>>61646090
the netflix of food!
>>
>>61646067
Of course it will, normalfags are a half step above the actual drooling retards.
>>
>>61646220
It's not even about being poor, I can go down and get a fresh salmon from my local meat market for $5, why would I want some frozen shit that has to be shipped to me instead?
>>
>>61648748
>why would I want some frozen shit that has to be shipped to me instead?

Because people are autistic with packaging.
>>
>>61646220
why would you eat MREs if you have the constitutional freedoms of being a citizen
>>
>>61648748
pre-portioned meals means less waste (ignore the 5 pounds of aluminum and plastic)
>>
>>61648821
MRE are packaged, interestingly even if the food is meant to make you fat. If it had smilely anime girls most people would buy it here because no clean up.
>>
>>61646090
But it's a pretty apt comparison. Especially when you consider the effect that those shitty plastic Keurig cups have on the environment and compare it to those stupid, proprietary juice bags. You think recycling facilities are going to waste the resources removing the organic matter from those bags, washing said bags, and then repurposing them? Those things are such an abomination it would literally be better for the environment to just throw them in a landfill rather than expending the water and energy necessary to recycle that shit. Fuck Keurig. Fuck Juicero. I hate anyone who patronizes them equally, and I hope they both get hanged.
>>
"hydrate, level 4, please"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ztwns5PkJY
>>
>>61646220
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND.
$36 a week for three one person meals?

That is such a waste of money. You can practically eat out for the same amount.
>>
>>61646067
As someone who eats miso glazed salmon maybe twice a month at school I can tell you that miso glazed salmon looks like crap.
>>
>>61646238
Based on HN it's part of the "I'm too busy killing it with my fifty side hustle" wanker crowd that feels the need to outsource everything down to chewing (juicero and soylent). The irony being if they just their chores themselves they wouldn't have to work 90 fucking hours for some bullshit startup
>>
>>61648821
Because they're NICE.
>>
>>61649436
>having to say "please" to a machine
Truly a dystopia.
>>
>Americans are too dumb they can't begin to cook a simple meal
É mesmo.....
>>
It won't catch on because Keurig is a well known scam that has some niche applications in areas where people don't care that it's a scam. Food isn't wanted in those same areas and people aren't going to fall for it twice.
>>
File: almost unpleasant.png (175KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
almost unpleasant.png
175KB, 384x390px
>>61648821
MREs are delicious you heretic.
>>
>>61646067
so it's a combo toaster oven/microwave.
>>
It's slightly less idiotic than the Juicero, slightly.

>>61646090
I need to figure out the right combination of buzzwords so venture capitalists will shower me with money.
>>
>>61646067
I wonder how much they managed to scam out of investors for this.
>>
>>61648947
compelling
>>
>>61646090
Bingo.

Successful products were created because their inventors had a pain point to solve. If a product description is "the .... of ...." the inventors were just desperately brainstorming for an idea to jew some money out of the startup bubble.
>>
everyone knows amazon is about to crush all these stupid meal delivery companies
>>
>>61649436
I feel bad that some trannies are using this movie to spouting their bullshit.
Well, I feel bad, because Back to the Future was perfect as it was and didn't need a sequel.
>>
>>61654877
I don't. What is Amazon going to do? Deliver self warming meals to the USA, Europe, Japan etc?
>>
File: juicero.jpg (319KB, 2000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
juicero.jpg
319KB, 2000x1240px
>>61646067
"the ____ of _____" worked so well last time it was tried.
>>
>>61646976
thats a can opener look closer dumb bell
>>
>>61648947
>You think recycling facilities are going to waste the resources removing the organic matter from those bags, washing said bags, and then repurposing them

This.

Worked at a recycling plant for two years. Any shit you throw into the recycling that you have not thoroughly rinsed out first will be rejected at the plant and end up in the landfill anyway.
>>
>>61651632
That's because they're packed with sugar and fat since they're meant to be eaten by soldiers in combat who typically burn a lot of calories.
>>
>>61654964
it is dead right? they are on the verge of bankruptcy right?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (644KB, 1388x879px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
644KB, 1388x879px
>>61655440
>Company raises $120 Million in funding to create a smart juicer+monthly juice subscriptions.
>Videos of people "hacking" their juice packs start to surface.
>CEO begs people not to simply squeeze the juice out of their juice packs.
>Old CEO is booted from the company.
>Company slashed price from $700 to $400.
>Company fires 25% of its workforce.

This is all within the span of 6 months.
>>
>>61646198
/thread
>>
>>61646067
No, because Keurig tried to do literal DRM.
>>
>>61646220
> Read it
> Think it's 36 bucks a week for three meals per day so 21 meals
> "Wow this isn't such a bad deal"
> Read it again
Fucking kikes
>>
>>61655635
They could have had more success by just selling these fruit packs and marketing it as some futuristic super-food
>>
>>61646220
Reminds me of my grandma's Meals on Wheels
>>
What the fuck is a Keurig?
>>
>>61655758
Something like Nespresso
>>
This already exists. It's called Blue Apron, and you don't even need to waste 400 bucks on a toaster
>>
>>61655635
>>61655710

Even that is a waste of time. Squeezing a big old pack of mashed up fruit to get an itty-bitty little glass of juice, instead of just selling it in a bottle.

>>61655773

A shittier version of Nespresso. Perhaps they're aware of the inherent crappiness of their brand.

Anyway, Nespresso, now there's an actually useful device.
>>
>>61655635
>>Company raises $120 mil
jesus and I'm here still living with my mommy being poor. can I get 120 mil like them?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (58KB, 582x590px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
58KB, 582x590px
>all that burned shit

lol
>>
>>61655635
Well good thing it was never intended to be a useful product, but more like a sink for VC and such. According to AvE they are bankrupting themselves with the $400 tag as it probably costs nearly as much to get one of those bastards to a store.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kLLlqC8-E
>>
>>61655758
autistic "future" coffe maker
>>
>>61655773
don't know what that is, either
>>
>>61656059
I thought this was a troll pic but it's actually burned. And then they say it's cooked "perfectly".
>>
>>61655758
It's the inkjet printer of coffee.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.