[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free with Ads is going down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1497615872145.png (487KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497615872145.png
487KB, 944x720px
>http://wolfstreet.com/2017/07/28/procter-gamble-slashed-digital-ad-spending-what-happened-next/
>So P&G cut over $100 million out of its digital advertising spend in the fourth quarter, and this is what happened, according to Moeller: “We didn’t see a reduction in the growth rate.” And he added, “What that tells me is that that spending that we cut was largely ineffective.

Will this spell the death for free with Ad's, clickbait, facebook and Google?

When the Ad money is gone, will the make money throu ad's meme die?

Are we heading for a new Glorius Era of internet pre facebook/google?
>>
Cant wait until all the money grabbers will finally be gone. fuck ads and fuck normies.
>>
if we kill ads, we kill the google
>>
I've had various adblockers for several years already, so I don't give a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>61638454
Removing the money will remove the big userbase and ad economics.
This will make the internet go back to smaller self hosted sites and communities.
>>
>>61638543
4chan is too big to survive without ads though
>>
We based advertising has been a scam of inflated viewership and engagement numbers and overstated effectiveness since its inception. At the same time P&G is incentivised to justify their decision to cut ad spending to keep investors happy.
>>
>>61638085
No, nigs
It's going to be worse
Remember Flash, and what did we get? Enormous Javascript.
So, we are going to have even worse means of monetization.
Dark times are coming.
>>
File: recursive.jpg (80KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
recursive.jpg
80KB, 680x693px
>>61638588
And most of the userbase of 4chan are likely to block ads. Not like your averege boomer is here sputing memes
>>
>>61638543
and this is bad because? lol
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 511x509px
>>61638667
So does chinkmoot sell the user data or somehow convince 12500 anons intı buying 4chan gold?
>>
>>61638677
No, this is what the internet should be. Not facebook, Instagram and people chopping of their dick for reddit upvotes.
>>
I'm not surprised. I can't remember ever becoming interested in a product or whatever because I saw an advertisement for it. At least, not since I was a kid watching toy adverts in between cartoons.
>>
>>61638728
good, I agree.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.