[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2286.jpg (36KB, 760x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2286.jpg
36KB, 760x475px
thoughts?
>>
Alpha of Windows 7.
>>
Greatly underrated.
>>
>>61631901
kek
>>
>>61631881
Oh look, a slide thread
Also
>>61631881
>>61631897
Samefag
>>
>>61631881
Shit was the best if you had the hardware that could run it. Also the most stable Windows Edition desu.
>>
>>61631881
Not supported anymore, but Windows 7 is. My dad bought me a 1 GB RAM laptop with Vista and it was frustrating. When Windows 7 came out, the hardware being sold was guaranteed to support the software.
>>
>>61631881
better than w*dows 10
>>
I like it. It was ahead of its time though, almost impossible to use outside of specific hardware setups when it came out. Now it's just 7 but without the extra botnet shit, would be the best Winblows OS if they didn't kill support for it.
>>
>>61631881
I miss Balmer.
>>
not as bad as people generally claimed. the big issue was that prebuilts that came with it were still shipping with lithe 512mb ram xp specs
>>
>>61632191
yet XP still ran fine
then again i'm not that experienced in this field yet
>>
>>61631881
failed in the market, much like windows 10
>>
>>61632217
yes, xp still ran fine. older software runs better on older hardware.
What're you getting at?
>>
I feel like running Vista or Windows 7 again, but I don't know if it's worth it.
Do most applications work fine with Windows 7?
>>
File: 1475167399007.png (3MB, 1387x4001px) Image search: [Google]
1475167399007.png
3MB, 1387x4001px
>>61631881
>windows
>>
It was fine if you had 4GB of ram and a dual core. Any less and it was very frustrating.

Windows 7 beta had less bugs, and performed better.
>>
File: 1490138210856.gif (858KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490138210856.gif
858KB, 500x500px
>>61634447
Windows 7 was much better than Vista. Everybody wanted to dump Vista as soon as they could. Many stayed on XP which to be fair was a decent OS for its time.
>>
>>61634299
No, nothing will run on Windows 7 anymore. It's a deprecated OS that literally can't run any apps.

* Sent from my Microsoft(TM) Surface Pro(TM) running Windows(TM) 10 S
>>
>>61634299
Yes
>>
>>61631881
my current thought is "woah OP sure is a flaming homosexual"
>>
>>61634500
I might downgrade then, I don't really need DX12 so I'll be fine.

I heard that dual-monitors don't work as well, and performance on some games is not as good but I guess it's fine.

Only real concern is security.
>>
>>61634520
Windows 7 ia about as secure as Windows 10 as long as it's still getting security updates and you're installing said security updates.
For performance reasons I'd recommend you install Windows 8.1 instead of 7, though. If you don't like the Start screen, you can fix it by installing Classic Shell.

As far as dual monitor functionality goes, DisplayFusion is your friend. Even on Windows 10. Shit, it's useful even with a single monitor.
>>
>>61634299
7 maybe, as long as you're not demanding. Vista has been useless since 2012-13 when most developers dropped support for it since it only had like 1.5% share.
>>
>>61634596
>as long as it's still getting security updates and you're installing said security updates
Aren't updates a huge pain in the ass now?

>For performance reasons I'd recommend you install Windows 8.1 instead of 7, though
No point in going to 8.1, might as well stick with 10. Which also has themes.
http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Vista-Themes-Final-for-Win10-521781687
(I want to try this but don't know if it would work well)

>As far as dual monitor functionality goes, DisplayFusion is your friend
Do I need to install this or do they work more or less the same as on Windows 10?

>>61634624
Yea, 7 still has plenty of support. I don't do anything demanding besides the occasional game.
>>
>>61634474
>Windows 7 was much better than Vista.
Depends how you look at it. 7 was better at launch than Vista was at launch, but by then Vista had already matured a lot and people weren't trying to run it on their Pentium 3 shitboxes.

Many people stayed on XP because they didn't have the hardware to run Vista, which in turn meant Vista was a generally horrible and unstable experience. Vista was ahead of its time due to its hardware requirements, while Windows 7 was essentially a more mature version of Vista released at a time when those hardware requirements had long since become mainstream.

So while it's true that 7 had a much better launch than Vista did, it isn't really much better if you compare them both in a mature state with the hardware to support them.
>>
>>61634678
>Aren't updates a huge pain in the ass now?
They've always been a huge pain in the ass on 7. Windows Update is a broken mess, good fucking luck with the first batch especially.

>No point in going to 8.1, might as well stick with 10. Which also has themes.
If you don't see a point in going to 8.1 from 10, then you don't see a point in going to 7 either, seeing as 8.1 can be summed up as "Windows 7 with performance improvements and better out-of-the-box support for newer hardware."
Don't see the point in downgrading to 8.1 ? Don't downgrade at all.

>Do I need to install this or do they work more or less the same as on Windows 10?
Works more or less the same as on Windows 10, it's worked like that ever since XP. As I recall though, 10 added some nifty features that you could always get with displayfusion.
>>
File: Screen Shot.png (151KB, 884x727px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot.png
151KB, 884x727px
>>61631881
I'm actually installing it in a VirtualBox VM right now.
>>
There was no reason for it to exist.
>>
Vista did nothing wrong. People were just butthurt it wasn't an exact copy of XP.

Kind of like Windows 8 and peoples expectations vs. 7.
>>
>>61631881
loved it, remember having a gold edition bootleg for a while, then went with a ripped of dev edition ultimate that i used for years on my normie box.
>>
>>61636352
Absolute madman
>>
>>61631881
Most aesthetically pleasing windows.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.