[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you enjoy programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: blue.png (872B, 33x20px) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
872B, 33x20px
>>
LARPing only
>>
>>61628547
Because I'm a beta with no power in my real life.

Programming gives me the feeling of power while also being productive to society.
>>
>>61628547
because boys enjoy it, right?
>>
>>61628606
I think you might be a little too honest with yourself there.
>>
>>61628606
>How can you have even an inkling of pride when you obviously don't know what you're talking about, the stuff you're working on is really basic compared to what I do, and no one actually cares about your stupid little programs?
How would you respond to something like this?
>>
File: 1495228935920.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495228935920.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>61628606
>>
File: cool clock.jpg (35KB, 599x347px) Image search: [Google]
cool clock.jpg
35KB, 599x347px
>>61628547
It's sort of relaxing. I like turning an idea or a concept into something real. I like the feeling when something works the way I want it to. It's also fascinating when you really think about it, programming and electricity is basically the closest thing in the real world to magic. Especially when you consider things like embedded systems, where you take an idea and cause actual, tangible changes to occur in the real world. That's just fucking cool
>>
>>61628686
Oh that's easy, my professors already tell me that.

I just say they're wrong, I don't have an inkling of pride.
>>
Saves me time. When I automate something for myself/someone that takes time out of their day it feels pretty good. I get a sense of pride when something that I made works, and works well.
>>
>>61628766
I think you should switch schools.

And maybe get some therapy.
>>
File: 1501207235723-biz.jpg (38KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1501207235723-biz.jpg
38KB, 600x448px
>>61628766
>>
>>61628766
>feeling of power
That's really why I asked. Did I misinterpret? You might have meant power over a computer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.