[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Programming-languages.jpg (325KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Programming-languages.jpg
325KB, 3888x2592px
What do you do when you lose motivation /g/?
>>
File: 1496665290013.png (557KB, 2048x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1496665290013.png
557KB, 2048x1600px
motivation videos on jewtube
>>
relying on motivation is for faggots. anyone that has achieved anything in life used discipline
>>
>>61627135
How do I gain discipline?
>>
>>61627181
stop doing things just because you "enjoy" doing them. if you got a project make a schedule to work on it every day and work on it every day whether you feel up to it or not. whether you're having "fun" or not. simple as that.
>>
>>61627245
Okay, I'll try to make a schedule and follow it no matter what.
>>
i have goals and convince myself that accomplishing them is a worthwhile use of my time.
>>
>>61627245
Why would you want to do things you don't enjoy doing?
>>
>>61627112
weed.
lots of weed.

no reason to be motivated desu.
>>
>>61627245
this sounds too simple, where's the catch?
>>
>>61627598
>what is hedonism?
>>
>>61627112

1. Go for a hard jog
2. Try to imagine where I want to be in 5 - 10 years
3. Tell myself to stop being a bitch and get back to work
4. ????
5. Profit
>>
>>61627245
That's the most retarded thing I've ever fucking heard

>keep doing something even if you hate doing it
>do what you don't like doing
kill yourself
>>61627598
this
>>
>>61627135
holy shit someone wise
>>
>>61628036
The catch is that it is simple to say but hard to do. When you are trying to develop discipline after being a semi-hedonist your whole life, it will take a LOT of work (and even more work to maintain it.) The thing about discipline is that you can't turn it off when you're not using it, because when you slip it's very easy to lose focus and spend hours procrastinating. In other words, it's hard to achieve but very easy to lose.
>>
>>61627135
Two different words for the same thing, really.
>>
>>61627112
Remember that programming is literally my only hope to not be a failure, remember that i'm essentially homeless, look at my bank account, pretty much my entire life is constant motivation to git gud.
>>
>>61628370
only if you're a brainlet. motivation is fleeting. discipline is unchanging.
>>
>>61628767
Is there a foolproof method to acquire strong discipline?
I'm a huge slacker, like really fucking lazy. Even the night before an exam I usually won't bother working, even if it's something really important. I need to stop acting like a literal retard.
>>
>>61629659
Doing things even when you do want to. It amounts to reflex. For example, I go to 4chan *every day* even though it's destroying my life and I dread the emptiness of reading through each thread of lonely people like me shallowly discussing opinions that don't matter. THAT is discipline.
>>
>>61627112
Masturbate
Since I mostly lose motivation due to stress, I let the stress go out by looking at big anime tiddies
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.