[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the iteration algorithm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: algorithm.png (257KB, 654x346px) Image search: [Google]
algorithm.png
257KB, 654x346px
What algorithm is applied to the left image to generate the images on the right?
>>
>>61621622
bumping for help please.
>>
>>61621716
>bumping
>>
Can you make reverse iteration algorithm that forms the first image from the 3rd one?
>>
majora masking algorithm
>>
Unless you knew the agorithm to begin with then you are not able to put the image back together,
Almost like encyrypting something.
>>
>>61622376
exactly like encoding something
>>
>>61621846
probably not, there's a good chance you lose data in the process

>>61622376
not necessarily, not every algorithm is reversible. For example if the algorithm was "color every line with its average color". Another example would simply be hashing
>>
>>61622376
not if the algorithm loses information. for example gaussian blur is irreversible
>>
and if the algorithm destroys data you'r buttfucked
>>
>>61621622
Rain of fucking algorithm
>>
permute columns and stretch them?
>>
>>61622422
>>61622436
Hmm , You've got a point,
But wouldn't a 'algorithm' be something that provides steps torwards a goal, therfor retracing the steps would work if you knew the algorithm.
>>
>>61622497
my algorithm is crushing your balls, what's the retracing?
>>
>>61622516
>Painkillers to remove the pain therfor retracing the steps of being without pain.
>>
>>61622541
Accidental greentext ;^(
>>
>>61622497
The classic explanation of an algorithm is that it's like a recipe. So if we make a cake, can we do anything to get the chocolate and eggs back.

Take modulo as another example.

Generally, a function can't be reversible unless it's injective (one-to-one).
>>
>>61622661
Good way to put it Anon, Thankyou.
>>
>>61621622
That looks like the room where you become a Deku in Majora's Mask
>>
>>61623278
it is
you can pretty clearly see;
- link, and his shield (on the deku plant)
- majora's mask (under the right torch)
- tatl and tael (floating above the right torch)
>>
>>61621622

it's probably sorting the pixels of each column
>>
>>61622661
I'd imagine that they should be surjective as well.
>>
>>61622661
Guess my algebra classes were good for something
>>
>>61625349
You can just shrink the codomain to make it surjective.
>>
>>61625484
True, but sometimes you don't know the range well enough to shrink down to it.
>>
>>61626673
Give me an example.
>>
>>61624433
I agree, some kind of sorting algorithm working on the pixels vertically. My first guess is merge sort, or some other algorithm that works on progressively larger chunks of data.
>>
>>61621622
JUST
>>
thanks doc
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.