[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>text user interface computes faster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>text user interface computes faster
>>
>>61620023
Text user interface consumes less resources allowing the program to use more, and thus, computing faster. Not enough faster to matter, but enough faster to make you a faggot.
>>
wat
>>
>>61620231
>consumes less resources
is your computer pentium 1?
>>
>>61620469
Irrelevant to the point he's making, burger flipper.

Sage.
>>
>>61620547
>the point he's making
uber retard
>>
>>61620469
>>61620590
you can't... you can't really be this dumb?
>>
>>61620023
protip: use LC_ALL=C to switch to a binary interface
>>
Bunch of maggots triggered by this thread.
>>
>>61620023
It's called CLI you retarded autist.
>>
>>61622430
TUIs can be a little different from a CLI I think. CLI implies something like a shell, you enter commands at a line prompt. TUIs are something like vim, or sc, or ncurses programs or Turbovision programs which can even involve text-based "windows" and mouse input.

TUI programs are usually lose the advantage of being easily scriptable vs CLI programs, but they still have a small advantage over GUI programs in terms of resource usage, and you can still use them in mostly all the same environments where CLI can be used, so you gain a little of the advantages of GUI programs without needing to change your environment to involve a graphical system.
>>
>>61620231
>Text user interface consumes less resources
Maybe twenty years ago. These days, terminals are clusterfucks and OpenGL accelerated most likely in an inefficient way.
I.e. you can create more efficient software with a GUI using GLFW and being proficient with OpenGL.
>>
>>61623191
Even if that were true, you're still using one slightly more resource heavy program to run dozens of extremely less resource heavy programs that don't even need to involve OpenGL, vs a dozen separate slightly less resource heavy programs.
>>
>>61620469
you underestimate the amount of resources communicating to a display server and software rendering a user interface takes.
it's a lot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.